Why did we lose in the playoffs?

ToBillsFan

Ok, I’ve only read page 1 so no time for all three pages.  We saw a heck of a good coaches game for 59 minutes and 47 seconds.

McD is not an idiot.  Either him or Daboll message somehow never made it in time to Bass.  My guess is it was the ST coach who is no longer here.  McD is a class act so he never threw verbally anyone under the bus.

To the OP, yes CB and a pass catching RB were great pics for completing our team.  The notion of some that a LB pick is veiled for the end of Edmunds doesn’t make sense.  The guy is too small.  We almost always play nickel so adding for a true 4/3 doesn’t make sense.

I really though we would’ve picked up the best WR, or G, or TE would’ve been my choice.  We’ll see today.

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Spelt is a type of wheat.

I hear you can make beer 🍺 out of that stuff, 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Oh great, let’s just re-hash this yet again, wtf people?  that horse was beat to death months ago, FFS stop already, New year new team!

Go Bills!!!

38 minutes ago, ToBillsFan said:

Sorry just to be clear this post was not meant to re-live the loss from last year…let’s get that straight

this was more about needs for our team and how we are looking to fill them in this draft

They were never going to fix a huge coaching blunder in the draft. 

8 hours ago, ToBillsFan said:

Answer: Defence

Remember that when you’re banging the table for fancy offensive picks.

what are the 3 positions of weakness according to this board?

Answer: CB, RB and LB

….you see a trend here 

maybe not your fav picks but there’s a reason we do what we do and the front office does what they do

You mean defense, eh? 😂

Edited by Big Turk

I've basically noticed that Beane is replacing players lost from the roster he was not able to replace via Free Agency, but he also felt that an upgrade in the run game was warranted..

Elam = Wallace

Cook = Upgrade to Zack Moss

Bernard = Klein 

Personally I think that there is potential for Upgrades to the CB, RB and Linebacker positional groups so far.  Now we wait for preseason to see these guys in action.

The next thing to look for in this draft will arguably be a SLOT WR to replace Beasley (unless they feel Crowder is an adequate replacement), a versatile Guard/Centerspecial teams contributors as well as the HOPE for a few draft slips.

They COULD also be considering SAFETY, but personally I think that ship has sailed in THIS draft.

Better get serious about addressing Poyer's contract.

Edited by Yantha

4 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I've basically noticed that Beane is replacing players lost from the roster he was not able to replace via Free Agency, but he also felt that an upgrade in the run game was warranted..

Elam = Wallace

Bernard = Klein 

Personally I think that there is potential for Upgrades to the CB, RB and Linebacker positional groups so far.  Now we wait for preseason to see these guys in action.

The next thing to look for in this draft will arguably be a SLOT WR to replace Beasley (unless they feel Crowder is an adequate replacement), special teams contributors as well as the HOPE for a few draft slips.

Crowder is 100% Beasley’s replacement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Elam = Wallace

Bernard = Klein 

The next thing to look for in this draft will arguably be a SLOT WR to replace Beasley (unless they feel Crowder is an adequate replacement), a versatile Guard/Centerspecial teams contributors as well as the HOPE for a few draft slips.

They COULD also be considering SAFETY, but personally I think that ship has sailed in THIS draft.

Better get serious about addressing Poyer's contract.

are you going to replace bruce from the eastside? 😃

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

You spelt the 2nd word of your thread wrong bro. All credibility is lost. 

And offensive line was the weakest position without a doubt last season…. It still is one of the weakest positions entering next season. 

I sea what you did there.  Well done.

10 hours ago, Success said:

The 13 seconds was coaching.  The whole GAME was defense - and we saw bad defense at other points in the season, like the Taylor game.

We did NOT have a #1 defense last year.  Marginal top 10, maybe.

And defense wins championships.  I support the offseason focus on D completely.

^ this.  People who were realistic saw that the defense padded their statistics playing against inferior quarterbacks, similar to when the Pats*** had an "all time great defense" to start the season several years ago and then they didn't.

• Thank you (+1) 1

We lost because the clapping fool on the sidelines showed his true colours when the pressure was on. Unfortunately that colour is yellow. Lining up your defense to prevent a touchdown when the other team is on its own 25 with 13 seconds left is a fireable offense.

If we ever win a championship it will have to be in spite of his coaching, not because of it. 

Edited by QB Bills

12 hours ago, MPT said:

I agree with the sentiment of the post that our offense has very little need for improvement, but we lost that game because of coaching and nothing else.

Our offense, particularly the OL, has enormous room for improvement.

But a huge % of fans here are going to utter "defense" even with their dying breath.

It's because they have heard "experts" talk about the value of it their ENTIRE LIVES and they can't let it go.

Luckily, "traditional football guy wisdom" is FINALLY starting to die off and will be gone for good in another 5-10 years.

It's being replaced by intelligent, reflective thinking and data analysis.

I'm a huge McD backer but him and Leslie did this team no favors with their game plan. 13 seconds aside, I still think they had PTSD from Oct 2020 when Edwards-Helaire ran it down their throat after dropping everyone. Then we rushed four or blitzed in AFC championship game playing right into their strength. Same thing last year. 

Watching Cincy drop their DEs as spies was maddening. Not as maddening as us still rushing four with 13 seconds mind you...

Edited by VW82

15 hours ago, ToBillsFan said:

….you see a trend here 

maybe not your fav picks but there’s a reason we do what we do and the front office does what they do

Why are we bringing this up AGAIN.. The draft is supposed to be a fun period and you choose to bring misery.. questionable... at best

16 hours ago, ToBillsFan said:

….you see a trend here 

Actually, a lot of this board (myself included) sees weakness on OL and pass rush.  We addressed the latter in FA, the former Not So Much

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.