Rd 3, Pick 89 (25): LB Terrell Bernard, Baylor

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Im sorry I bashed this kid seeming how I didn’t know about him. Just from the short amount I’ve seen I really like it. So so decisive. Instincts out the wazoo. Definitely not an Edmunds so there is that. 

I've done a ton of mock drafts, and I was honestly stunned bc he never came up for me. That's just who he reminds of of after watching a few highlights and looking at his measurements.

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

I was hopeful for purdues David Bell but I’m going to trust Beane on this one. He’s more right than wrong

Truthfully he's not, but no team is. his drafting overall is very meh.

But he's hit two HR's in Allen and Gabe Davis.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm still not convinced that it was the best pick, but I can kind of understand the logic after watching some of his highlights and seeing how he profiles.  Beane has earned trust and I love picks 1 and 2, this one is just more of that reach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I have 300 posts lol. I was mostly a lurker until recently. 

Believe me, I am very positive on the overall outlook of the Bills. Am I not allowed to have some critiques?

Hahahahhaha…..oh man, I’m sorry.  I though I was quoting someone else. 😘 

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm still not convinced that it was the best pick, but I can kind of understand the logic after watching some of his highlights and seeing how he profiles.  Beane has earned trust and I love picks 1 and 2, this one is just more of that reach.

Go look at what little “tape” is out there. It’s a breath of fresh air actually. So decisive and I’m not used to it. LOS hog. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m actually really really sorry I crapped on this pick. My goodness his instincts are a complete breath of fresh air. 

He is incredibly smart and instinctive, fast, plays bigger than he is, and produces against the run, as a pass rusher (3rd in school history in sacks), and in coverage. 

• Like (+1) 1

I believe BBB knows a bit more about football than myself.  I'll say he's a good pick, until proven otherwise.

Honestly.  Gotta stop freaking out about a backup.  5 years ago up to the 4th round, and sometimes the 5th round, we needed to hit on every player.  Not anymore.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Go look at what little “tape” is out there. It’s a breath of fresh air actually. So decisive and I’m not used to it. LOS hog. 

Sure. I think that's promising and explains some of the thought process behind it, but how is this guy gonna see the field?  Barring an injury, is he pushing Milano or Edmunds for a spot?  I don't think that's likely. 

Are we running more base package? I don't know about that either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.