Rd 3, Pick 89 (25): LB Terrell Bernard, Baylor

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Duck and run man.

I'll take the negative reactions.

I am generally pleased with our decision makers. How could I not be after 20 years of suckage.

I just hate to see a talent like Allen never given a full arsenal of weapons to work with. As much as I love Gabe and Steph, speed still kills. Seems to me we could've been more aggressive 

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

Which pick was worse - Cole Strange or Terrell Bernard?

I'm trying not to be a homer but Cole Strange was a much worse pick if only for the fact that the Patriots traded Shaq Mason, a top 10 guard, for a 5th and then replaced him with a first round pick. 

They literally filled a hole with a premium asset that they created for themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Parham should have been the pick.  This guy could have been had with one of our 6th round picks or maybe even a UDFA.  There's no highlight reel for him on youtube, and no one has him listed as a day 1 starter.  A real reach in the 3rd round.  A true WTF pick.

Hmmm... that's weird....I found one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Who needs WR when you can add a back up LB/core special teamer in the 3rd round?… we got Josh Allen, he does all the work on offense so we good there… need more depth at LB in case one gets hurt.

Hell, we could've given up our second to move up and just picked Rachaad White in the 3rd, but of course would have to miss out on the extra 6th rounders. Not sure it would be worth it.

Just now, Jerboski said:

Nobody does 

it was a reach… can’t tell me that was the BAP

complete reach 

Bad they hated it 

I agree. I was responding to somebody who said they trusted Cover 1 more than Joe Marino and was pointing out that they all had the same opinion of the pick.

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Honest question - Where exactly is our receiver to take the top off of defenses?

You missed the part of last season where teams said "nope, 2 deep shell....you're going to have to dink and dunk your way down the field."

There is legit one guy in the NFL that teams fear doing this to them - Hill.  That's it.  That's the list.  Sure you'll catch a D sleeping here and there.  But don't sweat not having pure deep guys on the roster.  

But having McKenzie and Cook in addition to Diggs and Davis on the field will give them plenty to worry about.  

Now WR depth?  Yes, we can use 1 more.  

• Agree 2

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. From what I've seen, kind of a tweener. But so is Milano and they definitely figured out how to make the best of his talents. Maybe that's the new market inefficiency that Beane is trying to exploit. I'm not sure any of us are in a position to second guess Beane on this one.

I am second guessing this one. He could have been drafted in the 5th round. So many better choices were available. Time will tell. On paper, this sure looks like a huge reach. Don't like this pick one bit. 

Just now, Jerry Jabber said:

With AJ Klein gone, the Bills needed a replacement 

That's exactly what this is...A bit smaller guy than would be expected. But he's an 8.88 RAS only being pulled down by height/weight/length...

A team Captain who was MVP of his last game with 20 TT's!...He's Drafted to be the Bills 3rd LB...We'll see...B-)

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You would never know that based on what you post on this board.  

I have 300 posts lol. I was mostly a lurker until recently. 

Believe me, I am very positive on the overall outlook of the Bills. Am I not allowed to have some critiques?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.