Rd 3, Pick 89 (25): LB Terrell Bernard, Baylor

Hapless Bills Fan

13 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Is he the 3rd LB if Bills play more 3 LB sets? Seems like he could put on some extra muscle... probably can cover TEs pretty well.

More teams going to 2 TEs this might be a very savvy pick - Big Nickel guy that has elite coverage skills and play in the box.  

Faster on defense right?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think people might be not realizing how the modern game is changing. 250lb LBs are about to be dinosaurs. If you can get 10lbs on this kid and keep him clean with the Dline, he can probably be the Edmunds replacement. Especially if he plays as fast and as decisive as these scouting reports say….that’s the modern day/future NFL MLB mold right there. An almost Safety size player in the middle just flying around and making plays in the pass game. Sounds like this kid is the anti Edmunds and that’s probably what most of us have been accidentally asking for. A instinctive guy that plays fast and doesn’t just think and move like a robot out there.

This is a great point.  The game is changing and defensive SPEED is key to slowing down today's offenses. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Total McDermott pick

Baylor’s coach Dave Aranda is a close buddy of McD.

I think this is a poor pick being the third round is early for him. they must have been worried he would go prior to our fifth round pick.

However, last pick McDermott got Aranda’s insight on was Tre White as he had been Tre’s DC at LSU. So let’s hope they know a lot more than we do!

That’s quality insight… much appreciated 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But that’s not answering my question though. Can he cover TEs like Kelce. 

Who knows? How many linebackers in the NFL can cover Kielce? He’s virtually the same size as Milano, faster, and was 11th in the nation in coverage stops.

I’m willing to wait and see before passing judgement

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.