6 foot 3/4 of an inch

222 lbs

4.59 40 time

last two seasons 11 sacks and 158 tackles

Terrell will easily gain 5-10 lbs without giving up anything athletically

Perspective

Milano was a 5th round pick and starter

Bernard is a 3rd round pick and backup

But yes he may take over for Milano in two years when they can get out of his contract

34 minutes ago, BTB said:

Up to the coaches to figure out how to use him?  Huh? 

I don’t have a problem with the player. I have a problem with where they picked him.  Day 2 guys should be impact starters at a confirmed position or close to it unless the guy has ridiculous upside but needs a year to get adjusted (e.g. small school guy).     

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Matt Milano coming out of college:

6 foot half inch

223 lbs

4.67 40 time

last two seasons in college 13 sacks 118 tackles

Terrell Bernard:

6 foot 3/4 of an inch

222 lbs

4.59 40 time

last two seasons 11 sacks and 158 tackles

Terrell will easily gain 5-10 lbs without giving up anything athletically

Perspective

I looked at the pic in the news this morning and thought that we might change our minds about this after he spends a year in an NFL strength/nutrition program.  There’s room to grow for him.   

2 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

I don’t have a problem with the player. I have a problem with where they picked him.  Day 2 guys should be impact starters at a confirmed position or close to it unless the guy has ridiculous upside but needs a year to get adjusted (e.g. small school guy).     

Day 2 draft picks should only be starting if the team has needs.

The bills do not have needs after the CB on Day 1 so Day 2 and on is all just for depth.  No starters except a punter if they take one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Special Teams, LB3 in certain sets & Primary backup for Edmunds/Milano.  

After watching tape, I don’t hate it.  I see why they wanted him, and right after us teams went off picking linebackers. 

We just go SO heavy on defensive investment.  

I love the James Cook pick, and thought for sure RD3 would snag us a WR or OL, only to select another defensive player.  

For me, it’s not the player, I get his fit for our defense and his tape is fun to watch, but we have very real IOL/WR depth areas we can address and we do this in RD3..

Edited by SCBills

10 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Impact starter is a lot to expect late in round 3.  Still, like to think they could find a guy who at least has potential to eventually be a starter.  Not sure Bernard has that potential at his size.  I don’t see the conversion to S that some are suggesting here.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LEBills said:

But yes he may take over for Milano in two years when they can get out of his contract

Could be the 3rd LB taking over for Klein.  Some whispers they may be playing more 3 LB sets.  Seems like a great blitzer too.

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I looked at the pic in the news this morning and thought that we might change our minds about this after he spends a year in an NFL strength/nutrition program.  There’s room to grow for him.   

Do they not have weights at Baylor?  Now, maybe his coaches wanted him playing that light, but I suspect that he has already been training hard.

Just now, SWATeam said:

Could be the 3rd LB taking over for Klein.  Some whispers they may be playing more 3 LB sets.  Seems like a great blitzer too.

We knew hey were going to draft a LB bc all the sniffing around they did pre-draft. He has some talent. Backup off ball LB (we played 2 LBs 90% of the time last year) in the 3rd is just not the best asset allocation is all.

16 minutes ago, LEBills said:

When you think about it, outside of Elam and Cook thus far, with our roster, a lot of these guys are going to be backups.  We've built up depth the last two years.  Bernard largely replaces what we lost in Klein.  We gave up the salary albeit also the experience, but they like the instincts of Bernard.

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Do they not have weights at Baylor?  Now, maybe his coaches wanted him playing that light, but I suspect that he has already been training hard.

Hard and right can be two different things.  The s/c staff here is top notch.  They'll have him eating right all the time (no dorm food, ever) and get him on the right program to grow him into the player that they want him to be.  I didn't like this too much last night but, having thought it through, it tells me how much they like and value Milano because this guy can be the next Milano.  

Just now, jkeerie said:

When you think about it, outside of Elam and Cook thus far, with our roster, a lot of these guys are going to be backups.  We've built up depth the last two years.  Bernard largely replaces what we lost in Klein.  We gave up the salary albeit also the experience, but they like the instincts of Bernard.

True, but it isn’t that most anyone they picked would sit behind someone for a time, my concern is that it is a stretch to see him ever developing into more than a sub-package coverage guy and special teamer.  I realize that there is only about a 25% chance of finding an eventual starter that late in round 3.

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Hard and right can be two different things.  The s/c staff here is top notch.  They'll have him eating right all the time (no dorm food, ever) and get him on the right program to grow him into the player that they want him to be.  I didn't like this too much last night but, having thought it through, it tells me how much they like and value Milano because this guy can be the next Milano.  

I get it, but it isn’t like He is coming from South Central Alaska State.  I’m sure that Baylor has a top notch strength and conditioning program and facilities.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.