Rd 3, Pick 89 (25): LB Terrell Bernard, Baylor

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

J.T. Woods, would've been a better pick from Baylor, his size and speed could of accomplished the same thing. I guess thats why I'm just sitting in a chair.

Are you taking him from another roster? - he was already picked.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The OL has multiple question marks. Brown wasn't that great at RT.  Saffold is old. Morse had a nice bounce back year but has mostly been average. No depth at OT. 

Ford is a bust. Boettger wasn't good before the injury. They should have drafted OL before RB and certainly before undersized LB.

I was pleased with a RB selection but thought it should have been OL after

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

I guess that's why I sit in a chair all day, and they get paid millions of dollars. 

I could do it for a year or 2, get fired and retire. I don't need much, live like a king.

It is like profiling the kid! There is our man! Let's coach him up and he will be custom made for the role!

6 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

J.T. Woods, would've been a better pick from Baylor, his size and speed could of accomplished the same thing. I guess thats why I'm just sitting in a chair.

Same thing with Trayvon Walker as he seemed to have better size and speed than Bernard but in Beane we trust.

Edited by Doc Brown

The more I read about this guy, the more I like the pick. 

Gentlemen, THIS is the future of the league, the response to these high-flying offenses that we are seeing more and more. You wanna combat Deebo Samuel on end arounds? Tyreek Hill on slants? Wanna send a blitzer to take on Justin Herbert and Zach Wilson? Get a wicked fast, penetrating hybrid linebacker like this. ZERO touchdowns allowed in 983 career coverage snaps, per PFF!!

Add in Bernard's apparent leadership skills and place on a very good Baylor defense and I'm on board with this. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The OL has multiple question marks. Brown wasn't that great at RT.  Saffold is old. Morse had a nice bounce back year but has mostly been average. No depth at OT. 

Ford is a bust. Boettger wasn't good before the injury. They should have drafted OL before RB and certainly before undersized LB.

I really like what Beane did with the O line for not much money and without relying on blue chip draft picks (who wouldn't have been there when the Bills picked).

Compare 2022 to 2021 - add Bates (in what should be an important role somewhere), Saffold, Quesenberry (I think he'll beat out Brown for the starting job), and reduce/eliminate the need for replacement level players like Feliciano, Boettger, Williams. Not to mention moving on from the horrific Ford. If Morse had retired we'd have a hole to fill. We don't. t's a substantial upgrade overall.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Gentlemen, THIS is the future of the league, the response to these high-flying offenses that we are seeing more and more. You wanna combat Deebo Samuel on end arounds? Tyreek Hill on slants? Wanna send a blitzer to take on Justin Herbert and Zach Wilson? Get a wicked fast, penetrating hybrid linebacker like this. Add in Bernard's apparent leadership skills and place on a very good Baylor defense and I'm on board with this. 

I should say I'm sorry, because I've never been a beat down guy until I've done my due diligence. So until I study him the best I can, I will reserve judgement. My earlier responses were uncalled for. Get back soon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Gentlemen, THIS is the future of the league, the response to these high-flying offenses that we are seeing more and more. You wanna combat Deebo Samuel on end arounds? Tyreek Hill on slants? Wanna send a blitzer to take on Justin Herbert and Zach Wilson? Get a wicked fast, penetrating hybrid linebacker like this. Add in Bernard's apparent leadership skills and place on a very good Baylor defense and I'm on board with this. 

Watched the 3 or 4 YouTube videos I could find on him... Kid just sifts through traffic to make the play. And he absolutely fires his gun when he sees a play develop/sees a QB who's vulnerable. Remember the KC game when NO ONE on defense could bring down Mahomes? Maybe that's where Bernard fits in. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah yeah everybody says “best player available” but practically speaking, I don’t see how any team could do that.

They grade the guys, they’ll typically have several guys with similar grades at different positions and then yes, of course, need factors into it.

Of course. The scare quotes are me absolutely seeing Beane draft for need in the first round, and only thereafter living the need-less principles of BPA, except...not really, most of the time.

*Basham is the obvious counterpoint that comes to mind. I'm not immediately seeing others.

Edited by Richard Noggin

Just now, junior said:

Watched the 3 or 4 YouTube videos I could find on him... Kid just sifts through traffic to make the play. And he absolutely fires his gun when he sees a play develop/sees a QB who's vulnerable. Remember the KC game when NO ONE on defense could bring down Mahomes? Maybe that's where Bernard fits in. 

Which is what I keep saying here - we so desperately needed speed on the defense. It was apparent the moment Addison couldn't bring down Kyler during the Hail Murray game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.