Rd 3, Pick 89 (25): LB Terrell Bernard, Baylor

Hapless Bills Fan

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am not saying that Marino or cover 1 is wrong (or right) on the pick. My comment was more general— I don’t care for Marino generally, at least compared to the cover 1 guys. The cover 1 analysis is just generally more deep and data and film driven. 

Data, probably. Film, no. Listen to their collaborative mock draft podcast. The guys from Cover 1 are well aware that Marino knows more about draft prospects. And I'm not saying that as someone who prefers Marino. I like all of them. I think Cover 1's strength is more towards evaluating the pro game and Marino's strength is the draft.

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It’s more of a case of was he the best choice? Doesn’t feel like it.

I'll be honest, i hate the word but feel it was a reach.  But could care less.  If the dude ends up being a baller, great.  If not, what can you do.

This isn't picking Troup over Gronkowski.  No worries.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Good thing the draft isn't "supposed" to be about immediate needs. 

Yeah yeah everybody says “best player available” but practically speaking, I don’t see how any team could do that.

They grade the guys, they’ll typically have several guys with similar grades at different positions and then yes, of course, need factors into it.

After Elam and Cook, there’s no other positions where a draft pick will come in and make any meaningful impact this season.

This might be the deepest roster in the league and Bills are picking late every round, this kid along with the remaining picks are being obtained with traits and grooming in mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, julian said:

After Elam and Cook, there’s no other positions where a draft pick will come in and make any meaningful impact this season.

This might be the deepest roster in the league and Bills are picking late every round, this kid along with the remaining picks are being obtained with traits and grooming in mind.

Think a WR might have been beneficial. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I believe your assumption is incorrect. Look at Daniel Jones as evidence. Drafting isn't an exact science but generally speaking teams boards are probably closer than we think. Many evaluators and so called experts also are good at what they do. 

In this case, I think it's Beane trying to show everyone how he's much smarter he is than everyone else. No doubt he is an intelligent football man. Hope he's right! For now,  I think it's a poor pick.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They went from top 5 WR group to in 2020 to middle of the pack as it stands now IMO. 

Diggs-Davis-Crowder with McKenzie as a gadget guy is a good group, but A) some people here don’t seem to acknowledge how many good WR rooms there are in the NFL, and B) Unless they are high on Stevenson or Hodgins, our outside WR depth being Kumerow is…alarming. 

• Agree 1

I think most draft experts mocked him to go low cause they saw him as an extremely undersized LBer... however i think NFL teams viewed him differently and saw him as a big nickle who could cover TEs in todays game... so i definitely think this kid would have went earlier than expected. 

He is our Kyle Dugger

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, julian said:

Oh, SURE. Be reasonable why don't you. 

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Plus Woods went at 79.

Oh

1 minute ago, julian said:

The OL has multiple question marks. Brown wasn't that great at RT.  Saffold is old. Morse had a nice bounce back year but has mostly been average. No depth at OT. 

Ford is a bust. Boettger wasn't good before the injury. They should have drafted OL before RB and certainly before undersized LB.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.