Rd 3, Pick 89 (25): LB Terrell Bernard, Baylor

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, bills_fan said:

I wont underestimate special teams.  Mark Pike and Tasker turned many a game with great special teams play.  And a big nickel use for him when teams are in 2 TE sets makes some sense to me.  At least we get something outta this pick.  I wish we got more than 1 impact player outta this draft tho...

Sure, if this was the (90s NFL.

But it aint, and specials teams outside of a good Kicker/punter is becoming less and less relevant. 

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Sure, if this was the (90s NFL.

But it aint, and specials teams outside of a good Kicker/punter is becoming less and less relevant. 

Honestly who gives a crap

about special team? That is what late rounds and undrafted free agents are for. Third round is may too early. 

23 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

More for a big nickel TE stopper than a traditional LB or Safety.

Yep. From what I've seen, kind of a tweener. But so is Milano and they definitely figured out how to make the best of his talents. Maybe that's the new market inefficiency that Beane is trying to exploit. I'm not sure any of us are in a position to second guess Beane on this one.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Cover 1 panel is still in stunned over this pick…30 minutes later…

Fells like Beane acknowledging his mate's work rather than drafting for the Bills. The longer than passes the more annoyed I'm getting - seems a utter waste of 89 considering those who were available.

8 minutes ago, MPT said:

They don't like the pick either.

Nobody does 

it was a reach… can’t tell me that was the BAP

complete reach 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

In a good way or bad way. I haven’t viewed over that way yet. 

Bad they hated it 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Not many on this board like the pick so he's sure to be a home run fan favorite.

Someone linked the original thread when Allen was drafted recently.  It was really gold to read though now.

I always go into any draft supporting pretty much whoever they pick.  I read the mocks and watch the pundits like everyone else - but I also realize that I don't live & breathe this stuff 24x7 like real NFL scouts do.  Our current staff has given me no reason whatsoever to doubt them.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

I wont underestimate special teams.  Mark Pike and Tasker turned many a game with great special teams play.  And a big nickel use for him when teams are in 2 TE sets makes some sense to me.  At least we get something outta this pick.  I wish we got more than 1 impact player outta this draft tho...

we still have 5 more picks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.