Rd 3, Pick 89 (25): LB Terrell Bernard, Baylor

Hapless Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I think he's a poyer replacement

He's a bit slow for a pure safety, and Buffalo really likes the young safeties on the team, particularly Damar Hamlin and Josh Thomas.  They have decent size and are very athletic.  With Poyer and Hyde anchoring the middle, Buffalo has had the luxury of taking the time to develop these guys.  Jaquan Johnson is probably a bit too limited to be in the long term plans as a starter.

Terrel Bernard was a 3-star recruit out of La Porte High school. Bernard was an all-state linebacker. According to 247 Sports, he ranked as the No. 66 OLB and No. 141 player in the state of Texas. In 2019, he was named First-Team Academic All-Big-12 and Second-Team All-Big-12. He is an undersized LB that excels because of his range and abilities in space. He has an explosive trigger after locating the ball-carrier. He adds coverage versatility with the ability to diagnose route combinations. His size limitations raise concerns about holding up against the run at the next level. He has a fair share of missed tackles in 2021. He struggles to detach from blockers once the OL has latched onto him. When kept clean, he scrapes and makes plays on the ball.

Scheme Fit: 4-3 Multiple front

Ideal role: run and chase WILL linebacker

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/t...ard/1QB6Cpy1tF

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Even Kiper couldn't really find anything good to say. Likes his height. I guess this another "Trust Beans" pick? I guess he can always work contraction on the new stadium. This guy wasn't even listed in ANY of the "Best remaining" LB's on the ESPN website. His name isn't mentioned anywhere.    

People need to remember that a lot of these ESPN scouts are ESPN scouts for a reason. If these guys were good at evaluating talent they would be making a hell of a lot more money working for an nfl team. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Honest question - Where exactly is our receiver to take the top off of defenses?

We went through this last year and drafted Marquez Stevenson in the 6th, who belongs nowhere near an NFL field. I can't be the only one disappointed with the inability to add a legit gamebreaking element to our offense for 2 consecutive offseasons.

Love Beane and he is obviously a great GM, but we severely lack quick strike firepower. We also lack depth. An injury to Davis or Diggs leaves us barren outside

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

So after a few Nisan of scouting, we may have drafted Matt Milano 2.0.  Or smaller Tyrel Dodson 2.0.

at worst, we have Matakavichs replacement.  Let’s snag that 3.5M!

Matakevick or Dodson replacement in..the third..round..?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

This is where I am at.....last year there was this big facination with a "Big Nickle" player and we didnt draft one

It looks like we just did

It looks to me like we just drafted Milano, not a big nickel.  But we’ll see

• Like (+1) 2

He has a similar profile to Thomas Davis. I think he'll be a McD hybrid LB/SS in that vein.

Thomas Davis (6'1" 228lb)

40 time- 4.52

Vertical- 36.5

Broad Jump- 115

Bench reps- 12

Terrel Bernard (6'1" 224lb)

40 time- 4.59

Vertical- 35.5

Broad Jump- 123

Bench reps- 22

• Like (+1) 9

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

People need to remember that a lot of these ESPN scouts are ESPN scouts for a reason. If these guys were good at evaluating talent they would be making a hell of a lot more money working for an nfl team. 

NFL didnt say anything and ABC didn’t even show the pick.  

I wont underestimate special teams.  Mark Pike and Tasker turned many a game with great special teams play.  And a big nickel use for him when teams are in 2 TE sets makes some sense to me.  At least we get something outta this pick.  I wish we got more than 1 impact player outta this draft tho...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.