Rd 3, Pick 89 (25): LB Terrell Bernard, Baylor

Hapless Bills Fan

Was underwhelmed. He is SAF size. Maybe he is Milano's backup and takes snaps from Siran Neal?

Kind of a Hybrid Big Nickel/ SAF/ Coverage LB role. We do run a base Nickel, and he is noted as a Nickel LB.

Could be a hunter/ rover in the middle of the defense. Cover TEs?

Will want to see what role he is in during the preseason.

Have to think better value was there at S/ OL/ CB and a few other LBs. But he does fit the Bills Defensive scheme.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I was happy with the draft until this Beane dropped this turd pick into the punch bowl. Parham should’ve been the pick and went one spot after us 

I cannot believe Parhum wasn’t picked.  Reminds me of Epenesa pick with Dobbins going one pick later. 

They spend months putting the board together.  This isn't a random pick.  They obviously have an idea what to do with him.  They don't intentionally throw away picks.  I trust them.  

That said, I've been doing mock drafts for months and I never heard of the guy.  Probably because I wasn't looking for linebackers beyond Muma.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Tre was a consensus 1st rounder.  This guy is an undersized LB that will be lucky to replace Matakevich. 

Tre White was a consensus 2nd rounder.

He was CB1 in that class IMO...........but no, he was not considered a likely first rounder........let alone a consensus one.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think people might be not realizing how the modern game is changing. 250lb LBs are about to be dinosaurs. If you can get 10lbs on this kid and keep him clean with the Dline, he can probably be the Edmunds replacement. Especially if he plays as fast and as decisive as these scouting reports say….that’s the modern day/future NFL MLB mold right there. An almost Safety size player in the middle just flying around and making plays in the pass game. Sounds like this kid is the anti Edmunds and that’s probably what most of us have been accidentally asking for. A instinctive guy that plays fast and doesn’t just think and move like a robot out there.

More likely a Milano replacement in a couple years…

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think people might be not realizing how the modern game is changing. 250lb LBs are about to be dinosaurs. If you can get 10lbs on this kid and keep him clean with the Dline, he can probably be the Edmunds replacement. Especially if he plays as fast and as decisive as these scouting reports say….that’s the modern day/future NFL MLB mold right there. An almost Safety size player in the middle just flying around and making plays in the pass game. Sounds like this kid is the anti Edmunds and that’s probably what most of us have been accidentally asking for. A instinctive guy that plays fast and doesn’t just think and move like a robot out there.

Should've just drafted Nakobe Dean

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.