Rd 3, Pick 89 (25): LB Terrell Bernard, Baylor

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The only thing I can think of is Bernard and Cross were looked at for the same position. More for a big nickel TE stopper than a traditional LB or Safety. Might have just preferred Bernard over Cross and others.

Worthy rationalization. I respect it. But sometimes you just gotta own disappointment. 

I think people might be not realizing how the modern game is changing. 250lb LBs are about to be dinosaurs. If you can get 10lbs on this kid and keep him clean with the Dline, he can probably be the Edmunds replacement. Especially if he plays as fast and as decisive as these scouting reports say….that’s the modern day/future NFL MLB mold right there. An almost Safety size player in the middle just flying around and making plays in the pass game. Sounds like this kid is the anti Edmunds and that’s probably what most of us have been accidentally asking for. A instinctive guy that plays fast and doesn’t just think and move like a robot out there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Big safety ?

Yeah, my thought was he may be used as a hybrid? He's good in space so maybe he'll shadow opposing TEs. He'll definitely contribute on STs, at least initially.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

What about it?

Complete defensive breakdown showed that we need fresh, speedy blood on that side of the ball. No more Levi Wallace running 10 yards behind Kelce, no more AJ Klein missing in the middle of the field, no more ancient defensive ends. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.