Mayfield to Panthers?

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Seems like the logical destination. 

I actually like Baker and think he's better than hes  been protrayed. Battled horrible injuries all year long. 

Interested to see how he does with a 2nd chance

This.  Baker is better than at least 10 starting QBs and yet he gets *****. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Falcons really rolling with mariotta? Seems like they should be in on this 

Having just drafted Desmond Ridder, I think they still start Marriota and let Ridder have some time to develop.  None of this year's crop of QBs really has plug and play readiness.

• 2 months later...

I hope he does well. Not sure he will but after playing through the injuries he had and the Browns pulling what they did by bringing DeHappyEnding in, I'd like to see the Browns get more egg on their face, though their fans deserve much better.

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

Never cared for Mayfield but I feel bad for the guy. He got a raw deal, and the Browns are so dumb. Glad I'm a Bills fan, been a while since I've been able to say that!!! 

Raw deal? Browns bent over backwards for him. He had a great OL, WRs, and RBs his whole career. The only thing they didn’t do was put him in a wide open spread offense which he wants. But he had a pretty good situation. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Raw deal? Browns bent over backwards for him. He had a great OL, WRs, and RBs his whole career. The only thing they didn’t do was put him in a wide open spread offense which he wants. But he had a pretty good situation. 

Well other than the whole trading for a deviant thing

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well other than the whole trading for a deviant thing

The constant stream of HC’s and OC’s was not terribly helpful, either. I’m not really pro or anti Baker, but that whole situation is so Brownie from top to bottom I’ll hope he grows up and can redeem himself in a new situation….in the NFC. If not? Oh, well! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

Never cared for Mayfield but I feel bad for the guy. He got a raw deal, and the Browns are so dumb. Glad I'm a Bills fan, been a while since I've been able to say that!!! 

Can't really dispute that. On the other hand, is Baker simply a victim of the Brown's disfunction? Perhaps if he had the same physical attributes but with a different personality/attitude, might things have gone better for the Browns?

When he was drafted I thought he was fortunate to join the Browns*. They loaded the team with talent his first two years. However I suspect personality/culture wasn't a driving issue at the time.  That team needed TALENT. I just wonder if he could have been different.  

Perhaps if Baker could have worked to lead the team culture (the way Josh has in Buffalo**) things might have gone differently.

* Full disclosure: After that draft, I thought all the 1st round QBs went to very good situations for them. 2 for 5 I guess. 

** Gratuitous Bills homer Josh reference. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.