Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Is starting to look like he isn't a fan of the media part of the job.

I wouldn't be either. You get no time to think the question through, but the media gets plenty of time to disect every word and put their spin on it. I think NY media(Yankees or Mets) really suck. Look for a negative spin on a 9 game winning streak. Marshawn Lynch had it right. Only do what you're contractually obligated to. And only answer football questions.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I'll say.   He must be more animated hanging with his friends.   

A lot of guys are like that, especially coming out of college.   Sure, he had a big fan base and big crowds at Georgia, but he those college guys aren't exposed to the media like they are in the pros.   They're more protected.  

Without much experience dealing with the press, he's clearly uncomfortable saying much.   He knows that the last thing he needs in his first year is a big flap with the media. 

And coming from the Miami environment he came from, don't underestimate his discomfort being on the air with a blonde white woman.   He's been told his whole life that he can get in trouble fast messing with white women.  

Guy needs some success and some experience.  Even then, he may not open up much.  

It's not 1960 anymore though Shaw 

There are plenty of interracial relationships in Miami and around the country .. actually getting pretty normal

There might be some crazy people who object, but I don't think your average everyday person cares if two adults are in love 

There's one race.. the human race

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are plenty of interracial relationships in Miami and around the country 

There might be some crazy people who object, but I don't think your average everyday person cares if two adults are in love

Don't kid yourself.  Ahmaud Arbery thought he was okay just jogging through a white neighborhood.  

Yeah, it's not 1960.  It's 2022, and Black people are still worried about those things, with good reason.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, it's not 1960.  It's 2022, and Black people are still worried about those things, with good reason.  

Really debating whether or not to post some interesting statistics right now

Edited by gobills404
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are plenty of interracial relationships in Miami and around the country .. actually getting pretty normal

There's one race.. the human race

I wouldn't go as far as to say it doesn't exist.

Cook was a star athlete on the Georgia Bulldogs and before that some high school. I don't think he's only been around small minded people where he's uncomfortable around people of another race like Shaw suggested.

Probably just an introvert until he gets to know you.

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I wouldn't bother, just get the thread closed. It's readily available information if he looks.

He would just say the data is fake or misleading anyways

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it doesn't exist.

Cook was a star athlete on the Georgia Bulldogs and before that some high school. I don't think he's only been around small minded people where he's uncomfortable around people of another race like Shaw suggested.

Probably just an introvert until he gets to know you.

Oh I know it does exist

I'm not so sheltered to think that there's not terrible human beings who are racist 

I just also think there's a lot of good people and we can overcome it

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He literally said that he is a laid back, quiet guy who likes to play football. Everybody has their own personality and style. He also grew up with a brother who is a huge star, so he's probably used to hanging in the background. I thought he did a good job with all of those corny questions about chains and sneakers. I think he's just a laid back dude and I'm cool with it. Just score touchdowns. Let Josh and those guys do all the interviews. 

Here he is after winning the national championship. Slightly more animated and excited: 

Another Post game: 

Combine interview: 

His Rich Eisen interview: 

It's his style and personality. Everyone is entitled to be themselves. 

Interestingly - 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/1/2022 at 4:53 PM, John from Riverside said:

Looks like one of those reads that scouts will want to forget they wrote in a couple of years.   Often times players going into the league is all about the fit and how they are used in the league.   Word is he has blitz pickup chops.....he has pedigree.....and his strengths are obvious on tape.   Why in the world would we take a bellcow back that takes the ball OUT of Josh Allen's hands?   We are a passing team.   And I also dont buy that he cant carry the ball.   He fit into a nitch with his college team and they had someone else run the ball between the tackles.  As an outside zone runner?  I think he fits it perfectly.

You are making things up.  He is not a 4.8 guy.....Where in the F do you get that from.

James Cook runs a 4.42. I eluded to him being fast, just not an elite burner that defenses will lose sleep over.

The 4.8 mention was me using an RB to beg the question regarding "blazing acceleration", a term that another poster used to describe a Cook attribute that I don't see him as having.; would a 4.8 speed RB be tagged as having "blazing acceleration" regardless of how much more quickly he hit top speed than a 4.40 speed RB? 

Probably not.

Speed and acceleration are two separate attributes, but I'm guessing elite-level acceleration paired with 4.42 speed would allow Cook to beat defenders to angles and pull away from them regularly with ease, I don't see that happening in the clips I watch of him (this and his inability to break tackles is why I don't care for where he was selected) and believe he was assigned an attribute solely based off his 40 time, and perhaps because we've been in need of a faster RB and the poster wants to believe we have that home-run hitter in Cook.

I don't believe we do.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

James Cook runs a 4.42. I eluded to him being fast, just not an elite burner that defenses will lose sleep over.

The 4.8 mention was me using an RB to beg the question regarding "blazing acceleration", a term that another poster used to describe a Cook attribute that I don't see him as having.; would a 4.8 speed RB be tagged as having "blazing acceleration" regardless of how much more quickly he hit top speed than a 4.40 speed RB? 

Probably not.

Speed and acceleration are two separate attributes, but I'm guessing elite-level acceleration paired with 4.42 speed would allow Cook to beat defenders to angles and pull away from them regularly with ease, I don't see that happening in the clips I watch of him (this and his inability to break tackles is why I don't care for where he was selected) and believe he was assigned an attribute solely based off his 40 time, and perhaps because we've been in need of a faster RB and the poster wants to believe we have that home-run hitter in Cook.

I don't believe we do.

I read this three times to give the benefit of the doubt just to make sure it would make sense....it still doesnt

If you cannot see that Cook doesnt have these traits I dont know what to tell you.....he kills it in in every measurable trait.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I read this three times to give the benefit of the doubt just to make sure it would make sense....it still doesnt

If you cannot see that Cook doesnt have these traits I dont know what to tell you.....he kills it in in every measurable trait.....

No, I agree he doesn't have elite breakaway speed. That and break tacklability...not very elusive either. 

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

No, I agree he doesn't have elite breakaway speed. That and break tacklability...not very elusive either. 

tell me then What is the difference between 

Breece Hall 4:39

and 

James Cook 4:42

You actually think .03 is the difference between Elite speed and not Elite speed? That what you're saying?

Or should we of gotten Tariq Woolen ran a 4:26 .16 faster then Cook? Should we of gotten Tariq Woolen in round 5? 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Wasn't his break tacklability score at the combine through the roof?

• Haha (+1) 2

I just want to say... people talk about speed.. Combine speeds mean nothing.. 

You want to see someone run fast? Attack a steak to a guys ankles and let the Deverman pinchers chase ya... then you see speed :D

Point being.... you run even faster with people chasing you... Just thought I would throw that out there....

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

tell me then What is the difference between 

Breece Hall 4:39

and 

James Cook 4:42

You actually think .03 is the difference between Elite speed and not Elite speed? That what you're saying?

Or should we of gotten Tariq Woolen ran a 4:26 .16 faster then Cook? Should we of gotten Tariq Woolen in round 5? 

It's seems like a Breece Hall cult has started up on the Bills message board

• Agree 1