Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I was watching film of him over again last night he runs just like his brother he’s just lighter

Dalvin entered the league 10 pounds heavier than James did. James is an inch taller and his combine time was faster. He can easily add weight next offseason  if it’s determined that would make him more effective.

James averaged the same 6.5 ypc as Dalvin did in college. However he had 1/3 as many carries so he is entering the league with much more tread on his tires. Both were 2nd round picks.

I actually think he has a legit shot to be BETTER than Dalvin! 

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Out of sheer curiosity, what are your Top 10 things? 

I mean it’s all positional

With the running backs You’re looking at a myriad of things to translate to the NFL

- NFL Build

- Vision 

- burst through hole 

- can they “get skinny”

- ability to break arm tackles 

- contact balance 

- breakaway speed

- pass protection ability 

- toughness 

- ability to fight for extra yards 

- Catching ability out of the backfield

There’s even more but I’d say that’s the main things I’m looking for when I’m scouting a running back

Then you get into scheme specific things

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

With the running backs You’re looking at a myriad of things to translate to the NFL

- NFL Build

- Vision 

- burst through hole 

- can they “get skinny”

- contact balance 

- breakaway speed

- toughness 

There’s even more but I’d say that’s the main things I’m looking for when I’m scouting a running back

Thanks for sharing your list. If I had to argue, I'd say those things are what makes a good running back, a good running back. I don't think the other poster was implying that you'd take a player's fat brother because he's related. I think the pedigree attribute speaks to the 'off the field' understanding of work ethic, professionalism, expectations, etc.....which are all harder to measure, but still count for something as they young men transition from college into the pros.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

- NFL Build

- Vision 

- burst through hole 

- can they “get skinny”

- contact balance 

- breakaway speed

- toughness 

- Catching ability out of the backfield

Knife skills?

9040613d659bfa8e7641bba702f6bc23--banana

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for sharing your list. If I had to argue, I'd say those things are what makes a good running back, a good running back. I don't think the other poster was implying that you'd take a player's fat brother because he's related. I think the pedigree attribute speaks to the 'off the field' understanding of work ethic, professionalism, expectations, etc.....which are all harder to measure, but still count for something as they young men transition from college into the pros.

Being around the game for 30+ years I could agree to that 

An NFL football player or division one football player knows the time And work it takes to put in… If you grow up Around that you’ll understand the effort that takes

Opposed to the talented kid with not a lot of work ethic

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2022 at 5:50 PM, boater said:

But can Dorsey call a running game? That is the elephant in the room that no one speaks of...

I was just talking with the elephant in the room the other day. He wouldn't stop talking about Allen chucking the football all over the field, whether it's to receivers. tight ends or running backs.

He didn't seem worried about establishing the run game. He knows the rb room will be better this year with Singletary and Cook at the top of the depth chart.

On 6/12/2022 at 1:28 AM, NewEra said:

Can he call any offensive game?  I agree 💯.  Big question.  We don’t know.  I feel that Kromer will help in some respects.  There’s really not much to speak of except “we don’t know **** about Dorsey as an OC.  No one does except the guys in the building. 

One thing we know for sure: People will complain about him, his scheme and his play calling. 

Anyone want to bet that won’t happen? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

One thing we know for sure: People will complain about him, his scheme and his play calling. 

Anyone want to bet that won’t happen? 

Not touching that bet with a ten foot pole…,

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You'd win that bet in the 1st preseason gameday thread.

In the first quarter, of course. Early in the first quarter, like during our first drive. 

I can’t IMAGINE what it would be like if we ever have to punt!   😱

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

In the first quarter, of course. Early in the first quarter, like during our first drive. 

I can’t IMAGINE what it would be like if we ever have to punt!   😱

Oh yeah.  There should be a poll each week for the craziest GDT post.

Last season I couldn't make it to halftime of most games.

"Tweener" girls have more self-control than some of those fans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.