Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

35 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

SB winner or not, the Cook pick will likely be what stands in the way of it happening. That's why I hate where he was taken so much.

Cook is now a Buffalo Bill.  I defiantly understand where people coming from in wanting Hill over Cook. 

Cook is now a Buffalo Bill, and you show 0 respects for that fact... I have spent the time trying to get to know all of our top 4 draft picks and although I may not agree with say the LB pick for example... They are now a Buffalo Bill and because they are a Buffalo Bill, I love them.

You on the other hand you have shown nothing but pure 100% Hatred for the dude. You have gone on this crusade to will your way through this topic with bad narratives, comparing to the best ever and even worse not responding to 1 valid point made on these forums about Cook. I have seen valid points on both sides. You a minority think cook is trash. You're in the minority for a reason.

Then you write this piece of trash here...  Chiefs have slight odds to only the bills in winning the whole darn thing... and you type this? We should of been in the big game last year and we would of won it.. We are a way better team this year even without cook. We will be more diverse on both sides of the field. 

your horrible narratives are making 0 sense... None!

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Or maybe they just didn't use the 1st pick on Cook because he didn't have a 1st rd. grade on him. 

duh…..

just like Kamara, Henry, Taylor, cook, jones, Chubb, Mixon, Akers, ekeler weren’t given 1st rd grades….

he wasn’t the “best rb” in the draft.  No one is saying that he is. Your point being that Cook was “not the best we could’ve committed to at RB”……means nothing. Who cares?  Was Damian Williams the best RB the chiefs could’ve committed to in 2019?  No.  But he was good enough and didn’t keep them from winning a super bowl.  The following year, they committed to who they thought was “the best” available yo commit to…..and they lost.  It means next to nothing.  

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

duh…..

just like Kamara, Henry, Taylor, cook, jones, Chubb, Mixon, Akers, ekeler weren’t given 1st rd grades….

he wasn’t the “best rb” in the draft.  No one is saying that he is. Your point being that Cook was “not the best we could’ve committed to at RB”……means nothing. Who cares?  Was Damian Williams the best RB the chiefs could’ve committed to in 2019?  No.  But he was good enough and didn’t keep them from winning a super bowl.  The following year, they committed to who they thought was “the best” available yo commit to…..and they lost.  It means next to nothing.  

at least 10 of us have tried... lost cause.

That being said I 100% agree with your message :D

5 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Okay, speed "is the only thing" on my mind concerning my dislike of where Cook was picked, that still doesn't explain where you came away with me wanting Breece Hall to be drafted.

I wanted the org. to hold off on drafting an RB high until next year's draft where at least two legit, 1st rd. talents might declare.

The draft is such a crapshoot you have to take it year to year.   Literally you dont even know if you would be in position to draft a particular player you would like.

On 4/30/2022 at 8:47 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't like RB picks early either.

I think they basically got a 2nd rounder in the 1st round,  and a 3rd rounder in the 2nd round.........and a 5th-6th rounder in the 3rd.

And in the process gave away a 4th round pick in a year where there was 2nd round talent available in round 4.

Basically they did what I dislike the team to do in the draft..........they just tried to make a small profit addressing needs at lesser positions of value in their systems......... instead of having a higher standard.

If you draft like that consistently it eventually takes a toll on your roster.........it was a problem with the 90's Bills........they were often already drafting special teamers in mid rounds instead of gambling on upside and because of that eventually the Parcells Patriots and Johnson Dolphins caught up and passed them, roster wise.

I would have passed on Cook too........but Cook is a potentially valuable player...........I can like him and not like the value where he was picked.

This is the way the draft goes sometimes from a fan perspective.

In all of the other McBeane drafts they did better for value.

Really the Cody Ford trade was his only real glaring L prior to losing some battles this weekend, IMO.

But in picking up some low hanging fruit.........a zone CB,  a RB,  a WLB,  a slot receiver and a punter..........they may actually end up with a pretty decent amount of starters at least.

So, you're happily depressed? :huh:

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Cook is now a Buffalo Bill.  I defiantly understand where people coming from in wanting Hill over Cook. 

Cook is now a Buffalo Bill, and you show 0 respects for that fact... I have spent the time trying to get to know all of our top 4 draft picks and although I may not agree with say the LB pick for example... They are now a Buffalo Bill and because they are a Buffalo Bill, I love them.

You on the other hand you have shown nothing but pure 100% Hatred for the dude. You have gone on this crusade to will your way through this topic with bad narratives, comparing to the best ever and even worse not responding to 1 valid point made on these forums about Cook. I have seen valid points on both sides. You a minority think cook is trash. You're in the minority for a reason.

Then you write this piece of trash here...  Chiefs have slight odds to only the bills in winning the whole darn thing... and you type this? We should of been in the big game last year and we would of won it.. We are a way better team this year even without cook. We will be more diverse on both sides of the field. 

your horrible narratives are making 0 sense... None!

100% hatred is expressing that I believe he will pay off as a receiver, but not so much as a rusher?

I hate where he was selected due a lack of certain attributes associated with effective running backs relied on to keep offenses moving through ground attack.

I wasn't saying that Cook would get in the way of the Bills winning a Super Bowl, I was expressing that his selection in the 2nd rd. makes it unlikely that the Bills would select an RB in the 1st rd. next year. 😉

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

In this offense, are the Bills looking for a every down back? The days of handing off to OJ are over...at least for now!

No they're not, it's still going to he a pass first offense. That's why I think Cook is the last piece to the puzzle for the offense. He's got speed and runs routes like a WR. He's going to create mismatches and make defenses pay when they try to cover him with a LBer. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

@BurpleBull Listen to what this dude says... "I don't know if this is fair" "He can run man" "Passing Nightmare" "Un guardable by My Mich. Wolv." "Special" 

These are the things we have been trying to tell you. 

I don't care about Rich Eisen.

Guess who else can run, man?

Me!

What does that even mean?

I won't be swayed because some media figure said something good about a player on the team I root for. Folks dogged Taron Johnson without cause until they heard TV figures praising him for his play against the Steelers, I'm not with it.

I hold to what I hold to until I see James Cook break a few ankles, more than a few tackles, and take his share of carries to the house or almost.

I'll believe that he's dynamic then, till then, I think we just got added speed and elite receiving ability at the RB position.

8 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I don't care about Rich Eisen.

Guess who else can run, man?

Me!

What does that even mean?

I won't be swayed because some media figure said something good about a player on the team I root for. Folks dogged Taron Johnson without cause until they heard TV figures praising him for his play against the Steelers, I'm not with it.

I hold to what I hold to until I see James Cook break a few ankles, more than a few tackles, and take his share of carries to the house or almost.

I'll believe that he's dynamic then, till then, I think we just got added speed and elite receiving ability at the RB position.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

So, you're happily depressed? :huh:

There is a thought that the value of this draft was in the later rounds.

So if some of these later picks end up being players.....then Beane did in fact go after value.

I honestly dont even look at where players are drafted.....I look at the players that were drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

No they're not, it's still going to he a pass first offense. That's why I think Cook is the last piece to the puzzle for the offense. He's got speed and runs routes like a WR. He's going to create mismatches and make defenses pay when they try to cover him with a LBer. 

Josh will still run! He can't help himself...in his DNA!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.