Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

47 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

Chris Johnson was drafted 24th overall.  What's your point here 

You like many in here thought Breece Hall was going 1st rd, probably thought one pick higher than where C. Johnson was selected too. So what's your point?

I could see top-notch speed in any C. Johnson highlight reel, college or professional; I have to force myself to see James Cook's game-changing speed.

James Cook can be good for the Bills, he's just not the best we could have committed to at the position.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I think Cook is somewhere between Reggie Bush and Alvin Kamara.

I don't see Kamara in his game at all. Kamara has really good contact balance. Cook doesn't break tackles, he runs away from them. A poor man's Christian McCaffrey would be my comparison.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Do you watch college football regularly? 

Would that help in tricking my eyes into seeing Cook as the game-breaker that much of the board sees him as?

Cook will be useful, but I still anticipate people jumping ship once they realize that Singletary is still our biggest threat to break a game open from the ground.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I don't see Kamara in his game at all. Kamara has really good contact balance. Cook doesn't break tackles, he runs away from them. A poor man's Christian McCaffrey would be my comparison.

If he went to a smaller school and had 4 times the touches would he be looked at the same?  I see his uses as a big plus.  He averaged over 6 yards per carry and over 3.5 yards after contact in the SEC with a game manager QB.  Im not buying the internet scout, contact balance take.  That as a runner is worthy of 2nd rd.  His ability to run wr routes makes him a complete problem.  He very well could get the Beasley targets.  Teams want to play man press you motion out Cook vs a saftey or baker and he wins.  The more I think about Cook and Buffalo the more I like it. 

22 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Im not buying the internet scout, contact balance take

I'm no scout but I watched a lot of James Cook during the pre-draft process because I thought he was the best fit for us as far as draft value and scheme fit. He has very little contact balance. In short yardage situations he'll either be off the field or split out wide. I agree with you, he could be used similarly to a slot receiver. I love the pick. I'm just honest about his abilities and what he adds to the offense.

I've been saying for 2 years a dynamic pass catching RB in our offense would be lethal because of how defenses are playing us. They'll have to pick their poison. Last year they would leave a LB on Singletary or Moss and not have to worry about it. They can't do that against Cook, if they do we'll punish them for it. I know a lot of people on this board wanted us to add another WR early but personally I think a dynamic pass catching RB adds the most value to the offense this year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

You like many in here thought Breece Hall was going 1st rd, probably thought one pick higher than where C. Johnson was selected too. So what's your point?

I could see top-notch speed in any C. Johnson highlight reel, college or professional; I have to force myself to see James Cook's game-changing speed.

James Cook can be good for the Bills, he's just not the best we could have committed to at the position.

I see.....so what this really is about you have your head up Breece Hall's ass

Sorry....he is a jet now....you will def get to see your boy twice a year.  Hopefully him and his 800 carries will hold up so he can make you happy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm no scout but I watched a lot of James Cook during the pre-draft process because I thought he was the best fit for us as far as draft value and scheme fit. He has very little contact balance. In short yardage situations he'll either be off the field or split out wide. I agree with you, he could be used similarly to a slot receiver. I love the pick. I'm just honest about his abilities and what he adds to the offense.

I've been saying for 2 years a dynamic pass catching RB in our offense would be lethal because of how defenses are playing us. They'll have to pick their poison. Last year they would leave a LB on Singletary or Moss and not have to worry about it. They can't do that against Cook, if they do we'll punish them for it. I know a lot of people on this board wanted us to add another WR early but personally I think a dynamic pass catching RB adds the most value to the offense this year.

They have 5 star after 5 star.  Cook had the ability to play outside, they used that to get another back on field.  College is a different deal with transfer portal and NIL.  Kamara had to transfer out of Alabama because he couldnt see the field.  He was a 3rd rd pick.  Im saying coming out of college Cook is similar to Kamara.  I see in his game the pass catching ability and exploit seems in the defense.  Just like Ingram, Singletary eill be the back and Cook slowly gets more and more snaps.

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I see.....so what this really is about you have your head up Breece Hall's ass

Sorry....he is a jet now....you will def get to see your boy twice a year.  Hopefully him and his 800 carries will hold up so he can make you happy

Check the draft day thread. I said many on this board thought Hall was a 1st rd. talent, myself not included.

What the hell did you even read? Lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

tell me then What is the difference between 

Breece Hall 4:39

and 

James Cook 4:42

You actually think .03 is the difference between Elite speed and not Elite speed? That what you're saying?

Or should we of gotten Tariq Woolen ran a 4:26 .16 faster then Cook? Should we of gotten Tariq Woolen in round 5? 

IMO, I would’ve taken Breece at 25 and chosen Coby Bryant later. He was the Jim Thorpe award winner (best collegiate CB). His measurables are comparable to Elam. 

6 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

To me Dalvin and James look exactly alike 

Maybe in how they move, but Dalvin is 20 lbs heavier, but not quite as fast. (Assuming you can believe anything on the internet 🤷‍♂️)

In todays NFL, I’m not sure if lighter and faster isn’t better going forward. NO, I am NOT saying James will be better than Dalvin, just commenting on how the game is shifting. Between Cook and a couple other hybrid type picks, I just wonder if we are not ahead of the curve on how the game is changing. 

Or, we guessed wrong on the trend and we’re screwed………

😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think Elam is better for the need. 

I’ll let Beane split the vote and call it a day.   :)

Nothing against anyone in particular, but some people have draft day grudges that go back decades! Chill out! It happened, and it’s over and we have moved on. Life is good! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

IMO, I would’ve taken Breece at 25 and chosen Coby Bryant later. He was the Jim Thorpe award winner (best collegiate CB). His measurables are comparable to Elam. 

Bryant has 4.54 speed.  Plus the last good JT winner was Eric Berry in 2009. 

4 hours ago, Mat68 said:

IReggie Bush as a Saint was a problem.  

Reggie bush as a Bill was also a problem, but not quite in the same way

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ll let Beane split the vote and call it a day.   :)

Nothing against anyone in particular, but some people have draft day grudges that go back decades! Chill out! It happened, and it’s over and we have moved on. Life is good! 

As to the bolded: speak for yourself!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.