Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

57 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

No I was making fun of the Breece Hall fans on this board.

I'm happy with Cook as well.

56 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

:D Same. I think Cook going to shock people.. 

There shall be NO being happy!  We are all to be outraged and 100% confident that we know better than Beane about everything! That’s how we roll around here!

….well, at least some of us.  :)

EDIT: Cook may or may not have the extra gear to run away from EVERYONE, but he’s going to look like a bolt of lightning compared to Singletary and his 4.66 second 40. I may not be able to tell between a 4.39 guy and a 4.42 guy, but I think the difference between a 4.42 and a 4.66 will be clearly visible. We wanted more speed, and we got more speed. I’m excited to see it all on the field! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billsrul120 said:

Breece Hall's 10 yd split was 1.54 seconds

James Cook's 10 yd split was 1.55 seconds

So 0.01 second difference in acceleration.

Chris Johnson's was 1.4...percentile is night and day difference.

Neither of those guys are the standard for top-level, acceleration.

19 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Well, since you wanna take it there, "you're".

3 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Chris Johnson's was 1.4...percentile is night and day difference.

Neither of those guys are the standard for top-level, acceleration.

Sorry but it is NOT night and day difference

The more I watch of this kid, the more I think he’s going to be a problem for opposing defenses...he just brings so much to the table, it’s gonna be hard keeping him off the field...And I would not be surprised if he takes over as the starter by the end of the year! 👍

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Luka said:

So you'd rather have him overspend on a RB in free agency? An even above average edge rusher isn't in the same ball park as the running back position, especially with a QB like Josh Allen. 

not sure what you mean.  I was responding to a post that said Beane can't make big splashes in free agency anymore. I pointed out we signed Von Miller

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

The more I watch of this kid, the more I think he’s going to be a problem for opposing defenses...he just brings so much to the table, it’s gonna be hard keeping him off the field...And I would not be surprised if he takes over as the starter by the end of the year! 👍

It’s something that highlight reels rarely focus on, but blitz recognition and pickup will likely determine how quickly he works into the rotation and how many snaps he gets. Keep Josh upright and healthy! Job #1! 

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Eager to see him vs linebackers in a scramble drill.  Bwhahaha. That should be our play call on every 3rd or 4th down. Have josh focus on the pass rush and get to a spot that will give his WRs more time to get open.  Dude is just getting more and more jacked.  He might never get sacked again.  Awesome All Blacks GIF by Rugby World Cup

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Eager to see him vs linebackers in a scramble drill.  Bwhahaha. That should be our play call on every 3rd or 4th down. Have josh focus on the pass rush and get to a spot that will give his WRs more time to get open.  Dude is just getting more and more jacked.  He might never get sacked again.  Awesome All Blacks GIF by Rugby World Cup

I played rugby in college. My prior football experience tells me it was time to wrap up and wait for help against that monster! Grab an ankle and act like an anchor to maybe slow him down a little! I guess being dragged 20 yards for the score sliding on my belly wouldn’t be much more attractive……. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

"strike fear in defenses "

I never understood this comment when addressing RB's. When you have Allen defenses shouldn't care whos back there and are gonna fear Allen and will welcome a Derrick Henry rushing it if the bills had him back there, while the opposing team tries to beat them through the air

20 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I don't think he'll ever be a full time starter because he has very little value running inside. He's going to have a very specialized role. But he'll provide a new element to our offense that will make us that much harder to defend. That's good enough for me. I doubt he'll see a 2nd contract with us and I really couldn't care less. Win one Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

No offense but that feels like post-draft afterglow. He doesn’t seem the body type for a 3-down all-day type. But what he does have is some WR capability from the RB position, just as Shakir claims to have RB capabilities from the WR position. If this is what Dorsey requested from Beane (and the Howard signing and McKissic pursuit seems to bolster that) then that’s a bunch of guys with position flex to potentially allow the same players to run multiple personnel groupings. That would drive defenses nuts, and force them to play base rather than personnel specific schemes. Allen would kill that with fire like the first month of 2020.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Nothing, if the 40 time doesn't translate to ripping off big yardage in-game.

I just don't see a back that will strike fear in defenses when I watch Cook's highlights.

Chris Johnson was drafted 24th overall.  What's your point here 

54 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Sorry but it is NOT night and day difference

Notice that he had to go back a few years to find one guy who stood out for his pure speed. Generational speed. The league is not littered with RB’s with THAT kind of speed! If people are still talking about Chris Johnson, it’s because he was THAT rare!

Nobody is claiming Cook is that kind of player. But he has enough speed to help our team, and that’s what I care about. You can look at a 1.40 10 yard split vs a 1.52, and they are both pretty fast. I’ll take the guy who’s a football player. If this were a track team, I’d reconsider, but we play in the NFL. 

30 minutes ago, motorj said:

I never understood this comment when addressing RB's. When you have Allen defenses shouldn't care whos back there and are gonna fear Allen and will welcome a Derrick Henry rushing it if the bills had him back there, while the opposing team tries to beat them through the air

I dreaded when the Bills had to face the Titans with Chris Johnson on the roster.

I also did not like playing Patrick Machines knowing Tyreek Hill was in the lineup.

Certain players are legitimate concerns.

24 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I dreaded when the Bills had to face the Titans with Chris Johnson on the roster.

I also did not like playing Patrick Machines knowing Tyreek Hill was in the lineup.

Certain players are legitimate concerns.

your horrible narratives are giving me legit migraines 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think he'll ever be a full time starter because he has very little value running inside. He's going to have a very specialized role. But he'll provide a new element to our offense that will make us that much harder to defend. That's good enough for me. I doubt he'll see a 2nd contract with us and I really couldn't care less. Win one Super Bowl.

I do not think it is a coincidence that Brady is brought on board and the offense looks for a multipurpose back.  Brady from New Orleans.  I think Cook is somewhere between Reggie Bush and Alvin Kamara.  Reggie Bush as a Saint was a problem.  I wont limited him as a runner.  Buffalo is not a run heavy team.  A few good running looks that are schemed up Cook will take advantage imo.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.