Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

James Cook runs a 4.42. I eluded to him being fast, just not an elite burner that defenses will lose sleep over.

The 4.8 mention was me using an RB to beg the question regarding "blazing acceleration", a term that another poster used to describe a Cook attribute that I don't see him as having.; would a 4.8 speed RB be tagged as having "blazing acceleration" regardless of how much more quickly he hit top speed than a 4.40 speed RB? 

Probably not.

Speed and acceleration are two separate attributes, but I'm guessing elite-level acceleration paired with 4.42 speed would allow Cook to beat defenders to angles and pull away from them regularly with ease, I don't see that happening in the clips I watch of him (this and his inability to break tackles is why I don't care for where he was selected) and believe he was assigned an attribute solely based off his 40 time, and perhaps because we've been in need of a faster RB and the poster wants to believe we have that home-run hitter in Cook.

I don't believe we do.

I read this three times to give the benefit of the doubt just to make sure it would make sense....it still doesnt

If you cannot see that Cook doesnt have these traits I dont know what to tell you.....he kills it in in every measurable trait.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I read this three times to give the benefit of the doubt just to make sure it would make sense....it still doesnt

If you cannot see that Cook doesnt have these traits I dont know what to tell you.....he kills it in in every measurable trait.....

No, I agree he doesn't have elite breakaway speed. That and break tacklability...not very elusive either. 

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

No, I agree he doesn't have elite breakaway speed. That and break tacklability...not very elusive either. 

tell me then What is the difference between 

Breece Hall 4:39

and 

James Cook 4:42

You actually think .03 is the difference between Elite speed and not Elite speed? That what you're saying?

Or should we of gotten Tariq Woolen ran a 4:26 .16 faster then Cook? Should we of gotten Tariq Woolen in round 5? 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Wasn't his break tacklability score at the combine through the roof?

• Haha (+1) 2

I just want to say... people talk about speed.. Combine speeds mean nothing.. 

You want to see someone run fast? Attack a steak to a guys ankles and let the Deverman pinchers chase ya... then you see speed :D

Point being.... you run even faster with people chasing you... Just thought I would throw that out there....

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

and 

You actually think .03 is the difference between Elite speed and not Elite speed? That what you're saying?

Or should we of gotten Tariq Woolen ran a 4:26 .16 faster then Cook? Should we of gotten Tariq Woolen in round 5? 

It's seems like a Breece Hall cult has started up on the Bills message board

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

and 

Putting the . whatever aside I take issue with the lack of vision comment.   That is complete horseshit

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Putting the . whatever aside I take issue with the lack of vision comment.   That is complete horseshit

Lack of vision? what are you talking about man?

maybe you should go back and look who and what i was quoting in the first place

Edited by PrimeTime101

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

and 

Nothing, if the 40 time doesn't translate to ripping off big yardage in-game.

I just don't see a back that will strike fear in defenses when I watch Cook's highlights.

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Prime.....I was not responding to your comment :) I was responding to what Purple put out

AH :D LOVE clarification. thanks ha ha

24 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I just don't see a back that will strike fear in defenses when I watch Cook's highlights.

sorry your clueless have you watched any of his film? or full games? I have.

Edited by PrimeTime101

On 5/2/2022 at 11:26 AM, nucci said:

except for Von Miller...

So you'd rather have him overspend on a RB in free agency? An even above average edge rusher isn't in the same ball park as the running back position, especially with a QB like Josh Allen. 

28 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Breece Hall's 10 yd split was 1.54 seconds

James Cook's 10 yd split was 1.55 seconds

So 0.01 second difference in acceleration.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.