Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

Like seriously, how many ways are there to get excited about this one? How about the fact he has hardly has any miles on him? 

Edit: I get that some will be disappointed he isn't a three down back but this kid looks like a potential star player to me with his versatility, explosion, and surprising polish for how little tape there is. 

Edited by VW82

4 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2c8dc94732f1779d4bc50e422b0a8f27.jpegYeah looks like 28 bmi to me 

I mean, it could be, the point is that BMI just correlates height and weight, it tells you nothing about body composition and whether the weight is due to fat or to heavy lean muscle.

41 minutes ago, JustGiveItToEm said:

Singletary is 31.8 so he is "obese."

Look at that fat slob

image.thumb.png.0d83cc8358da6a6828a7b857ec1dc3dd.png

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BTB said:

I know nothing about him, but if he is such a weapon in the passing game, why did he have a whopping 27 catches for the entire season?

Because he played for Georgia. They have a run-focused offense and lots of weapons / mouths to feed. 

It's probably fair to question his lackluster college career production and wonder how his body will hold up due to his size, or whether he has the work ethic to truly excel. But the tape doesn't lie, and the fact he has a superstar brother currently killing it with the Vikings doesn't hurt.  

• Like (+1) 2

Cook is someone who’d be a bad second round pick for most teams. Beane even said, “he can handle some carries too”. He’s obviously not a typical running back, or what a lot of teams need out of a second round RB pick. However, the added wrinkle he gives this particular offense could be huge. Cook has the potential to be a good second round value for this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

Not trying to being a downer, but doesn't he go down rather easily for a RB drafted this high? 

After speed and pass-catching, he doesn't have anything on Devin Singletary.

He's not a RB in the traditional sense.  He's more of a RB/WR hybrid.  He's going to be deadly on third downs and long yardage situations. 

8 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Not trying to being a downer, but doesn't he go down rather easily for a RB drafted this high? 

After speed and pass-catching, he doesn't have anything on Devin Singletary.

They don't plan to use him as an RB much I assume. Probably a few toss sweeps or outside runs to the edge but mostly used as a weapon in the passing game where they can split him out wide and get an LB matched up on him...

Probably envision using him similar to how Kamara is used in NO but with less runs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Because he played for Georgia. They have a run-focused offense and lots of weapons / mouths to feed. 

It's probably fair to question his lackluster college career production and wonder how his body will hold up due to his size, or whether he has the work ethic to truly excel. But the tape doesn't lie, and the fact he has a superstar brother currently killing it with the Vikings doesn't hurt.  

Fair enough. 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Note also that the guy he burned on that play was Christian Harris,  who went about a dozen picks after Cook.  Cook just ran right by him and actually had to slow up and wait on the ball. 

I'd also add that this play isn't a fluke,  either.  He had one just like it against Michigan in the Orange Bowl. 

Edited by Brandon
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.