Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

I wonder if his draft status was elevated due to his relationship with Dalvin.  He is a tweener and doesnt have the physicals to be a three down back. Is he that much better than someone like Ty Chandler or another pass catching rb in this draft? I would have preferred Rashard White or Isiah Spiller. Both bigger guys with great measuresbles who could be three down backs in NFL.  

I won't question Beane's draft, or where he picks who, but as for the player... he will have an impact. His cut ability and speed is undoubtedly gonna lead to some big plays this year. It'll be hard for haters to hate then.

Also, with Dorsey's new offense and the signing of Howard and Crowder and now the addition of Cook, it looks like Moss and McKenzie will be the odd men out. 

Edited by babulator

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Terrell Davis never started at Georgia either.

He was a 6th round pick not 2nd. Seems gimmicky to not only pick a RB so high but one that is so specific in his use. Was he really that high on their board or did they just want to get a pass catching RB so bad after getting scorned in free agency? The 3rd round LB pick is questionable too. Again, a gimmicky guy drafted higher than expected. No real position but probably use him to cover TE's and play special teams.

That's fine if that's what they wanted and needed. But I definitely don't think they went Best Player Available as Beane says he always does.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Yeah. Didn’t seem thrilled. Mom was kicking friends out lol

She was trying to make sure she had leftovers for this weekend and didn't want people to keep eating all the chitlins 😂

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

He was a 6th round pick not 2nd. Seems gimmicky to not only pick a RB so high but one that is so specific in his use. Was he really that high on their board or did they just want to get a pass catching RB so bad after getting scorned in free agency? The 3rd round LB pick is questionable too. Again, a gimmicky guy drafted higher than expected. No real position but probably use him to cover TE's and play special teams.

That's fine if that's what they wanted and needed. But I definitely don't think they went Best Player Available as Beane says he always does.

They already got a pass catching back in Duke Johnson who is better in his career than McKissic is at it from a statistics standpoint.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Dunno if it was mentioned here before, but Cook has a 27.8 BMI.

that’s nuts.  After listening to eisens interview and his FaceTime interview, it sounds like dude just smokes fatties all day. Nothing wrong with that…if you’re not a professional athlete. Some of the day, fine….but a 28 bmi is 👎🏻 

Time to clean that up.

While this could all be bad news…..it can also be great news.  If we can get him into the best shape of his life, we might see a better version 

I don’t care about BMI.  That metric is skewed against overly muscular humans.  Body fat percentage is the issue.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I love draft time. You can go through these threads and find out those that just want to be miserable about everything, troll or push agendas. 

fact is after Day three Bills got 3 top end athletes in areas that will help this team continue their yearly push to the playoffs and hopefully soon Hoisting the Lombardi. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I love draft time. You can go through these threads and find out those that just want to be miserable about everything, troll or push agendas. 

fact is after Day three Bills got 3 top end athletes in areas that will help this team continue their yearly push to the playoffs and hopefully soon Hoisting the Lombardi. 

The interesting thing about the last 2 picks is that they supplement both sides of the team to make it more effective without having to come in and start right away. That’s because they don’t have a lot of holes. They filled the glaring hole in the 1st and now just trying to escalate everywhere else. When you have teams that traded away key pieces or let key guys walk like the chiefs or just lack talent like the jets you have to replace starters with rookies on day 2.  

cook is a luxury pick on offense who is souped up hybrid guy. Great route runner and pass catching weapon out of the backfield. Allows the offense to evolve. We did not need a between the tackles RB. Then you have the defensive chess piece for different matchups - super smart, alpha leader with athletic profile to come in and contribute wherever McDermott wants him. He trusts Dave Aranda’s opinion a lot. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Tasked called the first two picks on OBL.   Can’t wait to see what this guy does in this offense.  This is a great piece to add, a guy who can run routes, catch and can run.  

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

For Christ's sake McD, let Cook cook

He looked to be baking…..

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

that’s nuts.  After listening to eisens interview and his FaceTime interview, it sounds like dude just smokes fatties all day. Nothing wrong with that…if you’re not a professional athlete. Some of the day, fine….but a 28 bmi is 👎🏻 

Time to clean that up.

While this could all be bad news…..it can also be great news.  If we can get him into the best shape of his life, we might see a better version 

BMI? What is this, 1972?

I'm supposed to be like 170 lbs to be a healthy BMI at 6'. There was a point where I weighed 210 and looked sick. BMI is nonsense. What's his body fat %

At his listed height/weight Josh Allen's BMI is 28.1 oh nooooo!

Singletary is 31.8 so he is "obese." Spencer Brown is 34.2. Definitely a fat slob and not a freak athlete

Edited by JustGiveItToEm
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Allows the offense to evolve. 

Anybody else excited to see what our new OC offers?  It seems there has been an effort to evolve the offense with a lot of moving pieces.  They tried to get McKissic and that didn't work out so now they have Cook.  The re-signed McKenzie and signed an athletic TE.  I foresee lots of shifts and options.  They could line up in a 2TE run heavy set....and then shift Howard and Cook out wide and go empty....but still run the ball with a sweep to McKenzie or that fake to McKenzie with Josh keeping it. Or pass the ball, having spread out the defense and threatening the edges, run Knox down the seem.  There's a lot they can do to make this offense really fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Time to clean that up.

I'm sure the Bills did their due diligence on his character and work ethic.

WTF is this with "BMI"? 

CDC:

If an athlete or other person with a lot of muscle has a BMI over 25, is that person still considered to be overweight?

According to the BMI weight status categories, anyone with a BMI between 25 and 29.9 would be classified as overweight and anyone with a BMI over 30 would be classified as having obesity.

However, athletes may have a high BMI because of increased muscularity rather than increased body fatness. In general, a person who has a high BMI is likely to have body fatness and would be considered to be overweight or obese, but this may not apply to athletes. A trained healthcare provider should perform appropriate health assessments to evaluate an individual’s health status and risks.

At a self-acknowledged 245 on the Pat McAfee show last season, Josh Allen has a BMI of 29.  At his listed weight of 237, it would be 28.1.  Such a Lummox!

I thought squirrels and Jr High Girls understood that BMI is only useful as an indicator of obesity for people with a "normal" build, because all it does is correlate height to total weight - and if someone has a high muscle mass, they will have a high weight for their height and a high BMI even as they have a low body fat percentage.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.