Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

15 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Does he remind anyone else of Aaron Jones? I think they're similar with their pass catching ability and route running

I see that. Very similar size, although I’m convinced Jones’s playing weight is 180ish. He looks soooo skinny out there. The thing is with the Jones, Kamara, and big bro Cook comparisons.. I believe all three of those guys dropped in the draft because of character issues, but here we are taking our Cook too high..? That’s not a good sign, sadly. 

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I see that. Very similar size, although I’m convinced Jones’s playing weight is 180ish. He looks soooo skinny out there. The thing is with the Jones, Kamara, and big bro Cook comparisons.. I believe all three of those guys dropped in the draft because of character issues, but here we are taking our Cook too high..? That’s not a good sign, sadly. 

The only thing I didn't like is it did look like he was high off his ass on draft day

27 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Does he remind anyone else of Aaron Jones? I think they're similar with their pass catching ability and route running

I see Austin Ekeler.

Ekeler is 5'10 200 4.48 40

James Cook 5'11 190-199 4.42 40

Both have excellent hands, and can run some if needed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Simstim said:

Personally, still stung by Gilmore. Never forget his look when we drafted him. Been oversensitive ever since. Can't help it.

However, I am totally relaxed about Cook now having seen the context and early intervview.

100% feel the same way way. But I have to say, Gilmore, while he was here, balled. So I have no disrespect to him but that draft moment is so unBuffalo. We can move on though yes?

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

I see Austin Ekeler.

Ekeler is 5'10 200 4.48 40

James Cook 5'11 190-199 4.42 40

Both have excellent hands, and can run some if needed

Yeah that’s one of the better comparisons. Ekeler is definitely more compact and has more muscle mass.  

His route running and running style in the open field reminds me of Kamara, but he is not nearly as physical.  Cook is more of WR in the open field than he is a Rb.  Very little tackle breaking and not much make you miss.   Burst and run away from you type stuff.  

I hope that he’s willing to put in the work in the weight room so he has a better chance of staying healthy and is more effective running the ball and in pass protection. 

I love this pick. Pass catching speed guy that can make defenses worry about whether to play with an extra defensive back or LB. Belicheck won’t know to cheat his lineup against us. He will end up rushing 2 and making us run it again. 

I like the player. Bills had trouble beating 2-high safety last year. They just couldn’t run out if it, they’ll beat it with checkdowns. You want to treat him as a RB, and cover with a LB, good luck.

Also, going to be a real problem when Bills run 12 personnel. Diggs, Davis, Knox, Howard and now Cook. All pass catchers. Good luck to the opposing teams LBs.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, gridirongold said:

Snow. Hahaha. Josh still your best runner your best at short yardage runner and your best at breaking tackles. Shady Mccoy wasny on a Bills' team this talented and the point is you fill the need to get W's. You're still taxing your quarterbacks longevity. Idgaf about the appeal of the breathtaking plays they guy can make.  I want first downs and time of possession and a chance to actually get the superbowl monkey off every loyal Bills fans back. You go wave your towel and be in awe over the clown. He doesn't take anything off the load the qb has on his back. Maybe they don't care cause everyone sure buys it.

ok? josh is an elite runner at 3rd and short and would take him over atleast 25 other backs in 3rd n short. we shoulda took one of the multiple jonathan taylors of the draft lol

and yeah because no pass catching rb has ever helped convert 3rd downs. you sound really smart, im more than willing to end a conversation with you :thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dunno if it was mentioned here before, but Cook has a 27.8 BMI.

that’s nuts.  After listening to eisens interview and his FaceTime interview, it sounds like dude just smokes fatties all day. Nothing wrong with that…if you’re not a professional athlete. Some of the day, fine….but a 28 bmi is 👎🏻 

Time to clean that up.

While this could all be bad news…..it can also be great news.  If we can get him into the best shape of his life, we might see a better version 

image.thumb.jpeg.2c8dc94732f1779d4bc50e422b0a8f27.jpegYeah looks like 28 bmi to me 

Edited by GolfandBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

that’s nuts.  After listening to eisens interview and his FaceTime interview, it sounds like dude just smokes fatties all day. Nothing wrong with that…if you’re not a professional athlete. Some of the day, fine….but a 28 bmi is 👎🏻 

Time to clean that up.

While this could all be bad news…..it can also be great news.  If we can get him into the best shape of his life, we might see a better version 

Something tells me you don't know the limitations of the BMI index.  What's his body fat percentage?  For example, Isaiah McKenzie has a 26.3 BMI and is considered overweight.  His brother Dalvin's BMI is 30.1 and he's considered obese by that metric. 

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, gridirongold said:

Snow. Hahaha. Josh still your best runner your best at short yardage runner and your best at breaking tackles. Shady Mccoy wasny on a Bills' team this talented and the point is you fill the need to get W's. You're still taxing your quarterbacks longevity. Idgaf about the appeal of the breathtaking plays they guy can make.  I want first downs and time of possession and a chance to actually get the superbowl monkey off every loyal Bills fans back. You go wave your towel and be in awe over the clown. He doesn't take anything off the load the qb has on his back. Maybe they don't care cause everyone sure buys it.

Didn't matter which RB you drafted Josh is better than everyone. A RB would never change that...  

You notice the only teams that took a RB early are the ones who have zero chance at making the playoffs.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Time to clean that up.

Man if only you knew what you were talking about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.