Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

16 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

I feel like we got the wrong brother.  This feels like drafting Jeremy Giambi in fantasy baseball circa 2001 bc Jason was such a beast.  A second round scatback who is likely to see 50 touches all year is meh.  Should have just traded up for Hall IMHO.  That would have been a weapon.  Now we have to defend against him 2xs a year.

OR we could have traded up for Jameson Williams and got Rachaad White or Tariq Woolen in the 3rd

8 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

OR we could have traded up for Jameson Williams and got Rachaad White or Tariq Woolen in the 3rd

It would have cost the Bills' first 3 picks and probably their 2nd 6th rounder to trade up for Williams.  A guy still recovering from ACL surgery and who likely won't contribute much this season.

Edited by Doc

16 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

I've seen a lot of Georgia games and I musta been making a sandwich on these big plays every single time. Pipe dreamin. Breece Hall would give ya a Curtis Martin type.  Walker would give ya a Chuck Foreman type. This guy is like a devonta freeman

Walker is terrible at pass blocking. Critical in today's game.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It would have cost the Bills' first 3 picks to trade up for Williams.  A guy still recovering from ACL surgery and who likely won't contribute much this season.

He’ll be fine. Now with hindsight knowing we used the 3rd on a special teamer and the 2nd on a running back(I actually like cook) I would absolutely trade all 3 for Williams. We can get a CB and RB in round 4 and 5

I can't believe how many "analysts" are saying Cook is fairly similar to Motor.

Lol.  Motor has become a monster in short yardage between the tackle make guys miss carry piles back that you can throw to.  He's not great at receiving but he can.

Cook is going to be lighting to Motor's thunder and be a matchup problem.  A home run hitter where Singletary is not.  

They are absolutely compliments and not the same.  If Singletary was 6'1 and maintained his frame he'd look like Nick Chubb....just not as fast.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

He’ll be fine. Now with hindsight knowing we used the 3rd on a special teamer and the 2nd on a running back(I actually like cook) I would absolutely trade all 3 for Williams. We can get a CB and RB in round 4 and 5

Williams won't do much this season.  He'll probably start off on PUP and maybe get into games later-on but barely produce.  Then where he goes from there is anyone's guess.  Not even close to worth it.

27 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

Unfortunately for him, he doesnt get to play Vanderbilt and some other weaker schools anymore.  In the NFL, he is a scatback.

Did you not hear the commentators say every linebacker in the AFC has just been put on notice when they announce the pic. The guy is a stud RB geeeezzzz!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mopreme said:

Anyone know how he compares to

Kamara in terms of measurables? 

He measures up speed wise it looks like. Looks shifty in a small crowd. But Kamara is 220, and powerful. Always amazes me that he’s seen as a screen catcher. Nobody on defense wants to tangle with Kamara. He’s freakish strong, thick, and fast. A true three down back build and skill set. Like generational talent. 

If James compares to Dalvin, I foresee explosive plays, and injuries if he’s used too much. Dalvin already broke down. The Cooks are physical phenomena, but they’re light in the joints and Dalvin takes hits in the NFL, which they can’t hold up against. Dalvin used to look for contact, but I bet those days are behind him. So here’s to hoping James Cook does not see 15+ touches in most games. Some, but please not most. Unless it’s very meaningful January and February football. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Williams won't do much this season.  He'll probably start off on PUP and maybe get into games later-on but barely produce.  Then where he goes from there is anyone's guess.  Not even close to worth it.

Well that’s like, your opinion man

I may have agreed with you had I not seen this alternate reality. The perceived “worth” of the picks imo is greatly reduced 

5 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Well that’s like, your opinion man

I may have agreed with you had I not seen this alternate reality. The perceived “worth” of the picks imo is greatly reduced 

Right back at you.  We can revisit this in a year's time, or whenever Williams finally recovers and becomes worthy of the 12the overall pick.  Although being on the Lions hurts his production.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

Walker is terrible at pass blocking. Critical in today's game.

Hmm.. maybe but he sure passes the eye test at helping his team win. You watched last season? Damn shame they don't try to hurry this Allen cat some help. Sure looked to me like he had the team on his back. That'll sell. That part is in order not only locally, but also nationally.  Sure looks like the guy has a real desire to actually win even if the brass doesn't. Today's NFL is the appeal of fantasy types, yet the today's NFL champions are much like those all through the history of the NFL.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Kind of better than reaching on a receiver. This is the kind of “receiver” we needed— hopefully can finally have a great screen and check down game. 

Herbert throws 2-yard dump offs to Ekler who gets like 12 yards out of them. Hoping Cook will be the same kind of weapon. 

He can do more than that in the pass game.  

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Finally, someone that can catch the ball and get YAC.  Does the NFL still check for weed? Because that dude was high af.

Had a bad case of the sniffles.  Hope its not a bad cold!

But seriously.  I am super pumped for this dude!  Seems like he will fit this offense perfectly.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Hmm.. maybe but he sure passes the eye test at helping his team win. You watched last season? Damn shame they don't try to hurry this Allen cat some help. Sure looked to me like he had the team on his back. That'll sell. That part is in order not only locally, but also nationally.  Sure looks like the guy has a real desire to actually win even if the brass doesn't. Today's NFL is the appeal of fantasy types, yet the today's NFL champions are much like those all through the history of the NFL.

I don't remember Michigan St. winning the big 10, and a weak one at that. Allen has all the help he needs and will always be Josh no matter what. The brass and Josh are just fine. Super Bowl victories on the horizon. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.