Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You claimed mid season Von Miller is mediocre…. 😅…. I’d still take my chances with Denzel Mims and Allen at QB.

I did not claim that.  I said he was still a good pass rusher, I just underestimated his game changing ability.  

You're already a complainer...lets not add liar as well.

How is Mims helping your argument at all?  Seriously?  

On 11/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Von Miller is still a good pass rusher but not an elite/game changer anymore.  I don't think this moves the needle much. 

The Broncos are at 4-4 and very much still in the playoff race.  They were still willing to part ways with him in.

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is a bit of a "needy" fill to this draft so far. ;)

Like maybe if Levi Wallace had been wearing different underwear and JD McKissic hadn't reneged they might have drafted 2 players at entirely different positions. :lol:

If $7M worth of free agents changed your round 1 and 2 draft process......that's not a great sign.

I like both players though.    Cooks is the best RB in the pass game in this draft IMO.   

That's kind of how it works.  You (should) draft for need and BPA.  But they got better players so those guys did the Bills a favor.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Dude was stoned out of his mind - he won’t make an NFL roster

This sounds like a bet.  What do you want to lose?

2 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Snow. Hahaha. Josh still your best runner your best at short yardage runner and your best at breaking tackles. Shady Mccoy wasny on a Bills' team this talented and the point is you fill the need to get W's. You're still taxing your quarterbacks longevity. Idgaf about the appeal of the breathtaking plays they guy can make.  I want first downs and time of possession and a chance to actually get the superbowl monkey off every loyal Bills fans back. You go wave your towel and be in awe over the clown. He doesn't take anything off the load the qb has on his back. Maybe they don't care cause everyone sure buys it.

Wow. What a bitter response, and totally incorrect.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I would be shocked if he couldn’t push Moss off the roster. 

With all his injuries Moss runs a 4.8 now. 

You can find guys on the waiver wire that can push any RB on the roster off in August. The only one you gotta keep right now is cook cause he hadn't proven he's replaceable yet

Edited by gridirongold

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Yeah. Didn’t seem thrilled. Mom was kicking friends out lol

He's Dalvin's brother, so he already knows a lot of the ins and outs of the NFL and is not going to get caught up in this moment as much as others.

I feel like we got the wrong brother.  This feels like drafting Jeremy Giambi in fantasy baseball circa 2001 bc Jason was such a beast.  A second round scatback who is likely to see 50 touches all year is meh.  Should have just traded up for Hall IMHO.  That would have been a weapon.  Now we have to defend against him 2xs a year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

I feel like we got the wrong brother.  This feels like drafting Jeremy Giambi in fantasy baseball circa 2001 bc Jason was such a beast.  A second round scatback who is likely to see 50 touches all year is meh.  Should have just traded up for Hall IMHO.  That would have been a weapon.  Now we have to defend against him 2xs a year.

UGA doesn’t do “scatbacks”

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, bills_fan said:

Unfortunately for him, he doesnt get to play Vanderbilt and some other weaker schools anymore.  In the NFL, he is a scatback.

Yes, because everyone knows the SEC is “Vanderbilt and some weaker schools”

• Haha (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

Bills fan living down here on the gulf in Alabama. Get a ton of SEC news. Heard a Georgia beat reporter 2 weeks ago talking about Cook and how good he is. They are straight up and if a guy sucks they will say so. He said whichever team picks him will be surprised as this kid is highly under rated. He has not been over worked and makes big plays every time he touches the ball. I was fired up after I heard his evaluation. Very excited to see him in the Bills offense.

I've seen a lot of Georgia games and I musta been making a sandwich on these big plays every single time. Pipe dreamin. Breece Hall would give ya a Curtis Martin type.  Walker would give ya a Chuck Foreman type. This guy is like a devonta freeman

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.