Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, Process said:

They look furious. 

It's kind of pathetic how sensitive Bills fans are.

Personally, still stung by Gilmore. Never forget his look when we drafted him. Been oversensitive ever since. Can't help it.

However, I am totally relaxed about Cook now having seen the context and early intervview.

Edited by Simstim
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I love this pick for the next 4 years.  

I thought we missed the boat by not trading up in rd 2 for Skyy moore, Pickens, McBride or Pierce.  We missed the boat on the top playmakers and RBs so trading back was the right move.  Getting 2 additional picks and drafting the best playmaker on the board.  Sure, it would’ve been nice to trade back further, but missing out on him would’ve really stunk.  

It might not be the value that some like, but we added someone that’s dangerous with the ball in his hands and catching out of the backfield.  Great teams can afford luxuries.  Let’s enjoy him.  He’s fun  

I'm still kind of upset we watched all those WRs go before us and didn't make a move. But at the end of the day we added a playmaker on O, which was needed big time. I like it. 

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

great post for only your 26th post. seems like a good number to walk away at. wishing IR on our 2nd rd pick because your legendary scouting is better than beane? draft really brings out the worst of our fanbase

Completely unfair. Nobody's wishing IR it's just injuries are a large part of the game. This guy is not your inside bruising type he's finesse and doesn't fit the need everyone is excited he might fill. He's gonna disappear in this climate

27 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

not sure what that has to do with it.  if Knox was just a blocking TE and someone said he's going to come in and catch a bunch of TD's i would say no he's just a blocking TE.  Cook is just a receiving change of pace RB, he's not a starter

he had over 1000 yards of production last year (728/284) as a “not starter” in a “running back by committee” GA program. Who gives a crap

if he doesn’t start? None of our current backups could come close to that. 

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Cody Ford, Epenesa and Boogie haven't blown anybody away yet.

Not the same thing as throwing it in the garbage. This wasn't the Jets taking Christian Hackenberg in the second a few years ago, this is a shifty and explosive back that we really needed. 

2 minutes ago, nikuman said:

he had over 1000 yards of production last year (728/284) as a “not starter” in a “running back by committee” GA program. Who gives a crap

if he doesn’t start? None of our current backups could come close to that. 

And? Did he start? All I said was he's not a starter why would you think he would come in and be a starter here after never starting in college? He's a 3rd down pass catching back, change of pace

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.