NFL Draft 2022 Second & Third Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

2 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

A special teamer, backup LB at best with their 3rd pick and they have no 4th rounder…I just don’t get it. Beane is collecting 6th rounders though, which is probably where he could have gotten this guy. 

I don't have any issue whatsoever drafting a good or even great special teamer in the 3rd, especially on a team w/ very few holes & where it would be almost impossible to get a starter at this stage of the draft.

Special teams is huge, and a significant part of winning a championship.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Board update as we head towards the end of round 3....

1. Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma

2. David Bell, WR, Purdue

3. Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota

4. Darian Kinnard, IOL, Kentucky

5. Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin

6. Carson Strong*, QB, Nevada

7. Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

8. Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson

9. Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State

10. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

Just now, Success said:

I don't have any issue whatsoever drafting a good or even great special teamer in the 3rd, especially on a team w/ very few holes & where it would be almost impossible to get a starter at this stage of the draft.

and we need 15 guys who only play teams?! It's ridiculous a this point

The newest LB Bernard is the answer to some blown plays in the playoffs by linebackers.... 

Bernard may not start, but he IS fast and is described as a hybrid safety/linebacker, with excellent coverage skills.  In a pass-happy league, Bernard may bring a new element to our depth chart.  

I'm very surprised with a round 3 pick on this prospect.......  but he's a Bill.  Hope he becomes everything Beane feels he can be.

Is he the answer to Kelce??

Time will tell.

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Athlon Sports has Bernard rated 10th outside LB.  Projected 4th/5th round.

Great pursuit.  Sideline to sideline.  Good burst.  Fast enough in coverage to cover TE's.

Undersized.  Tough to shed blocks at 2nd level.  Gets out of position.

Developmental Will.  

Interesting Brown and Glab have not gotten on the Bills app to talk about his pick.

Edited by davefan66

Just now, Success said:

I disagree. Seems like there were much stronger picks available. Obvious draft grades are subjective but don’t see how this pick is any better than a C. IOL or TE would have been better.

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

The newest LB Bernard is the answer to some blown plays in the playoffs by linebackers.... 

Bernard may not start, but he IS fast and is described as a hybrid safety/linebacker, with excellent coverage skills.  In a pass-happy league, Bernard may bring a new element to our depth chart.  

I'm very surprised with a round 3 pick on this prospect.......  but he's a Bill.  Hope he becomes everything Beane feels he can be.

Is he the answer to Kelce??

Time will tell.

Well...they had a 3rd round grade on him.  We're not scouts, so I'll trust Beane and Co.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t hate the pick. I do think the Bills have overthought this draft. This guy competes and can be a good back up for Milano. My problem is I think there were opportunities to draft Edmunds replacement in the second and they punted. And I wish we had traded down out of the first and taken McCreary in the second. Think he’s a better player than Elam. But we will see and I hope it pans out. 

Edited by Floydboy12

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.