Can we get greedy?

glazeduck

I think there may be a corner that falls that would be tempting, but what are we doing with them?

Tre White, Kaiir Elam and Taron Johnson is a really strong trio.  

Dane Jackson and Siran Neal are pretty solid backups.  

I could see us adding a vet, but investing 4 years in a pick with those guys on the roster for the foreseeable future doesn’t make a ton of sense.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If we double dip on CB I’ll be ill.  

This is weird to me but you do you. It's not the route I would take, but I also don't think Dane Jackson is particularly good...

Edited by glazeduck
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

We've got 2 picks in the next 57 selections. From those spots, it feels likely that at least 4 QBs will go, I'll conservatively say 11 DL go, and we could conceivably find use for picks at just about every position. So that means 2 picks in the next 42 with any real consequence to our roster building. I see a pretty clear tier of quality guys and then... less-so guys. Here's hoping we can figure out a way to get 2 of these 30 (qbs/dl removed)...

Breece Hall

Kenneth Walker

George Pickens

Christian Watson

Skyy Moore

Alec Pierce

Jalen Tolbert

John Metchie

Trey McBride

Bernhard Raiman

Rasheed Walker

Nic Petit-Frere

Sean Rhyan

Dylan Parham

Darrian Kinnard

Jamaree Salyer

Nakobe Dean

Christian Harris

Leo Chenal

Chad Muma

Troy Anderson

Channing Tindall

Brian Asamoah

Andrew Booth

Kyler Gordon

Roger McCreary

Tariq Woolen

Jalen Pitre

Jaquan Brisker

Pitre or Austin please

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t see any reason to take another corner tonight 

I'd be on board if it means I never have to see this team trot out another prevent defense in crunch time. One injury to Tre, coming off an ACL as it is, or Elam who had his own injury issues, and they are vulernerable on the outside again. I think loading up on the secondary, provided the value is right, is never a bad thing. But lack of corners is definitely why the Buffalo Bills didn't win a championship. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did I miss something? Where’s the SD State punter? 😉

I know this is a joke, but I just have to say... for a team that just broke records for not punting, the obsession over a rookie punter with this fanbase has been... perplexing to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I know this is a joke, but I just have to say... for a team that just broke records for not punting, the obsession over a rookie punters with this fanbase has been... perplexing to say the least  is part of being a Bills fan.

I fixed your post :)

Obsessing and loving/hating punters is as natural as bone in wings & blue cheese!

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This is weird to me but you do you. It's not the route I would take, but I also don't think Dane Jackson is particularly good...

Jackson is at minimum quality depth. Another CB is a completely wasted pick with no path to the field now or even several seasons from now. It's lighting a 2nd round draft pick on fire.

• Haha (+1) 1

We've got 2 picks in the next 57 selections. From those spots, it feels likely that at least 4 QBs will go, I'll conservatively say 11 DL go, and we could conceivably find use for picks at just about every position. So that means 2 picks in the next 42 with any real consequence to our roster building. I see a pretty clear tier of quality guys and then... less-so guys. Here's hoping we can figure out a way to get 2 of these 30 (qbs/dl removed)...

Breece Hall

Kenneth Walker

George Pickens

Christian Watson

Skyy Moore

Alec Pierce

Jalen Tolbert

John Metchie

Trey McBride

Bernhard Raiman

Rasheed Walker

Nic Petit-Frere

Sean Rhyan

Dylan Parham

Darrian Kinnard

Jamaree Salyer

Nakobe Dean

Christian Harris

Leo Chenal

Chad Muma

Troy Anderson

Channing Tindall

Brian Asamoah

Andrew Booth

Kyler Gordon

Roger McCreary

Tariq Woolen

Jalen Pitre

Jaquan Brisker

Sign me up gor Woolen!

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I'd be on board if it means I never have to see this team trot out another prevent defense in crunch time. One injury to Tre, coming off an ACL as it is, or Elam who had his own injury issues, and they are vulernerable on the outside again. I think loading up on the secondary, provided the value is right, is never a bad thing. But lack of corners is definitely why the Buffalo Bills didn't win a championship. 

I mean, I get it, but that is some paralysis by analysis PTSD. 

“What if our star CB or RD1 CB get hurt?..”

What team has the luxury of having a star CB, plus a newly added RD1 CB …. AND then a RD2 or 3 backup for them in the same draft?

Breece Hall

Kenneth Walker

George Pickens

Christian Watson

Skyy Moore

Alec Pierce

Jalen Tolbert

John Metchie

Trey McBride

Bernhard Raiman

Rasheed Walker

Nic Petit-Frere

Sean Rhyan

Dylan Parham

Darrian Kinnard

Jamaree Salyer

Nakobe Dean

Christian Harris

Leo Chenal

Chad Muma

Troy Anderson

Channing Tindall

Brian Asamoah

Andrew Booth

Kyler Gordon

Roger McCreary

Tariq Woolen

Jalen Pitre

Jaquan Brisker

Full confession, and talking about getting greedy. When NFL Network announced the Bills traded up just before cutting to commercial (and why do they always cut to commercial when the Bills are on the clock?) they had the Bills logo on the screen at 23 and 25. For about 90 seconds I jumped around believing Beane grabbed 2 firsts. 

Then they can back from commercial and announced the trade was 25 + 4th Rd for 23. I was a bit deflated.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

If we double dip on CB I’ll be ill.  

Why? We became very thin at the position last year. Teams play 3 & 4 WR sets a large percentage of the time. The Bills play a 4-2-5 concept regularly as a result of this.  To do so they have to carry at least 4 CB’s on the roster maybe a 5th and then 1 maybe 2 on the PS in case of injuries. I could easily see the Bills taking another CB especially if the guy is a hybrid corner / safety type. 

The Bills CB Depth currently sits at:

Outside CB1 - White (when he returns and is healthy - my return game 1 or may be a few games - who knows?)

Outside CB2 - Dane Jackson or Kaiir Elam

Nickel CB -  Taron Johnson

Depth Players - Jackson or Elam (whomever does not win the starting role) and Siran Neal (who I would argue is more of a safety and not a true CB)

That leaves little depth on the roster and it is highly doubtful the Bills send Elam to the PS.   

With that situation if the Bills board has a CB ranked they will take him for both talent and need.

12 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Full confession, and talking about getting greedy. When NFL Network announced the Bills traded up just before cutting to commercial (and why do they always cut to commercial when the Bills are on the clock?) they had the Bills logo on the screen at 23 and 25. For about 90 seconds I jumped around believing Beane grabbed 2 firsts. 

Then they can back from commercial and announced the trade was 25 + 4th Rd for 23. I was a bit deflated.

I would recommend destroying your cellphone...

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.