Can we get greedy?

glazeduck

We've got 2 picks in the next 57 selections. From those spots, it feels likely that at least 4 QBs will go, I'll conservatively say 11 DL go, and we could conceivably find use for picks at just about every position. So that means 2 picks in the next 42 with any real consequence to our roster building. I see a pretty clear tier of quality guys and then... less-so guys. Here's hoping we can figure out a way to get 2 of these 30 (qbs/dl removed)...

Breece Hall

Kenneth Walker

George Pickens

Christian Watson

Skyy Moore

Alec Pierce

Jalen Tolbert

John Metchie

Trey McBride

Bernhard Raiman

Rasheed Walker

Nic Petit-Frere

Sean Rhyan

Dylan Parham

Darrian Kinnard

Jamaree Salyer

Nakobe Dean

Christian Harris

Leo Chenal

Chad Muma

Troy Anderson

Channing Tindall

Brian Asamoah

Andrew Booth

Kyler Gordon

Roger McCreary

Tariq Woolen

Jalen Pitre

Jaquan Brisker

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

We've got 2 picks in the next 57 selections. From those spots, it feels likely that at least 4 QBs will go, I'll conservatively say 11 DL go, and we could conceivably find use for picks at just about every position. So that means 2 picks in the next 42 with any real consequence to our roster building. I see a pretty clear tier of quality guys and then... less-so guys. Here's hoping we can figure out a way to get 2 of these 30 (qbs/dl removed)...

Breece Hall

Kenneth Walker

George Pickens

Christian Watson

Skyy Moore

Alec Pierce

Jalen Tolbert

John Metchie

Trey McBride

Bernhard Raiman

Rasheed Walker

Nic Petit-Frere

Sean Rhyan

Dylan Parham

Darrian Kinnard

Jamaree Salyer

Nakobe Dean

Christian Harris

Leo Chenal

Chad Muma

Troy Anderson

Channing Tindall

Brian Asamoah

Andrew Booth

Kyler Gordon

Roger McCreary

Tariq Woolen

Jalen Pitre

Jaquan Brisker

Agreed.  Would love to land 2.  Which picks are you willing to give up in next years draft?  5th-7ths won’t move the needle too much

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t see any reason to take another corner tonight 

You can certainly make that argument. I think if you look at the way the league is trending, our impending need at safety, how we use our safeties and the fact that said safeties are both converted CBs, I think there's an easy enough argument to be made for at least including them in the discussion.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Would love to land 2.  Which picks are you willing to give up in next years draft?  5th-7ths won’t move the needle too much

Kind of depends on how tonight breaks out... ideally you can play the Ravens' game and let 2 quality players fall to you. If you assume my math is accurate, really only means 12 picks between 33 and our pick in the 3rd that have to be "off" and we'd have our choice of that list. But obviously that doesn't incorporate need, runs, flags on players, etc.

I'd be open to moving anything from our 3 down for the right player/pick, but that'd need to be a pretty big swing...

• Agree 1

Assuming they stick with Edmunds in 2022,

I am hoping OL and WR with the next two picks. I'd be fine with adding another DB but I'd choose a safety over a corner. If you assume Tre is back then you have two first round corners, a very good nickel and depth with Dane. Siran Neal is a special teams guy that should not have even been re-signed but whatever. Adding a safety for possible replacement of one of our aging safeties makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

You can certainly make that argument. I think if you look at the way the league is trending, our impending need at safety, how we use our safeties and the fact that said safeties are both converted CBs, I think there's an easy enough argument to be made for at least including them in the discussion.

Safety would be fine given the poyer situation and the age of both starters , but if you take another corner I’m not sure they will see the field 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I count at least 15 of these guys haven't came in for a visit, nor can I find that we visited them at all in any capacity so that would make it down to 15 imo. Also like 4 of the 15 i mentioned are cornerbacks, I wouldn't be opposed at all tyo another Cb as I feel you can never have enough in this day and age but might be unlikely.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Safety would be fine, but if you take another corner I’m not sure they will see the field 

I don't necessarily disagree, but I also think a year ago we probably wouldn't have included DE in a similar list and took Basham in the 2nd.  Again, FAR from a lock, but I think there's enough reasons to justify it if that's the way they go...

10 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Safety would be fine given the poyer situation and the age of both starters , but if you take another corner I’m not sure they will see the field 

I also question if they will be eager to slot into backup safety as a plan

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but I also think a year ago we probably wouldn't have included DE in a similar list and took Basham in the 2nd.  Again, FAR from a lock, but I think there's enough reasons to justify it if that's the way they go...

I think Hughes and Addison both being 30+ predicated that double dip

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

If we double dip on CB I’ll be ill.  

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Breece Hall

Kenneth Walker

George Pickens

Christian Watson

Skyy Moore

Alec Pierce

Jalen Tolbert

John Metchie

Trey McBride

Bernhard Raiman

Rasheed Walker

Nic Petit-Frere

Sean Rhyan

Dylan Parham

Darrian Kinnard

Jamaree Salyer

Nakobe Dean

Christian Harris

Leo Chenal

Chad Muma

Troy Anderson

Channing Tindall

Brian Asamoah

Andrew Booth

Kyler Gordon

Roger McCreary

Tariq Woolen

Jalen Pitre

Jaquan Brisker

I really like the rbs Hall and Walker (although he's not a pass catcher so doubt our interest).

I'm really high on Pickens but not sure if he's a great fit or not. We don't have a tall guy that can go up and get the ball, and that trait what makes him stand out above others to me. We don't have anything similar to him, so depends on how useful we find that. 4.47 40 leaves much to desire, but he plays faster than that on tape IMO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.