Bills recent fourth round picks.

Buffalo Boy

In the last 10 years the Bills have taken 5 players in the fourth round. Often, we have traded this pick in the past.

Gabriel Davis looks like a stud

Taron Johnson has been useful

Cardale Jones???

Ross Cockrell has a career bouncing around the league….meh.

DUKE WILLIAMS STONE COLD HALL OF FAME LOCK…. According to the accolades he garners from some on here. 

Apparently, half the posters on here know MORE than Beane and our future has just been destroyed by him working his intel and trading this years 4th.

Me, I’m going to trust him and our scouting department. Crazy talk I’m sure.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

In the last 10 years the Bills have taken 5 players in the fourth round. Often, we have traded this pick in the past.

Cardale Jones???

DUKE WILLIAMS STONE COLD HALL OF FAME LOCK…. According to the accolades he garners from some on here. 

Apparently, half the posters on here know MORE than Beane and our future has just been destroyed by him working his intel and trading this years 4th.

Different Duke Williams LMAO

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Cardale Jones???

Wrong Duke Williams. This one was a bad safety who is easily forgotten. 

Taron has been better than useful. But yea, it's him and Gabe excellent picks, Cockrell a decent 4th rounder than then two busts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

I have zero memory of Ross Cockrell.

Zero...like wtf did I jump into an alternate universe? 

"Mandela Effect"

Cockrell was given up to quickly by the Bills. He's actually been a pretty decent backup CB in the league. Was with the Steelers for awhile, couple of other teams I cant remember. I mean def not a star or starter but for a 4th round guys he's been in the league quite awhile.

• Agree 3

They also took Jonathan Meeks instead of Micah Hyde. 

But yeah they can get back into the 4th with no issue at all if they want to. The have t make sure they hit in rounds 2 and 3. Personally, I would trade more picks in this draft to get multiple twos or threes tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I don’t hate trading a 4th.. I just wish we still  had it to use in a trade up tonight. 

Gabriel Davis was a 2nd/3rd round talent that fell to the 4th in an insanely deep WR draft.  This draft is deep at WR, but in two years things have changed and that likely never happens again.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

"Mandela Effect"

26 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Cockrell was given up to quickly by the Bills. He's actually been a pretty decent backup CB in the league. Was with the Steelers for awhile, couple of other teams I cant remember. I mean def not a star or starter but for a 4th round guys he's been in the league quite awhile.

I believe Cockrell was a give-up by Rex.  He showed a bit of promise, but was not a Rex guy and was shoved out the door.

He had some good years in Pittsburgh and got a SB title in Tampa I believe.  His wife is also an Olympian that competed recently if I remember correct.

He ended up being a fine pick - just never in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wrong Duke Williams. This one was a bad safety who is easily forgotten. 

Taron has been better than useful. But yea, it's him and Gabe excellent picks, Cockrell a decent 4th rounder than then two busts.

Live and learn…..Thanks

36 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

"Mandela Effect"

My wife knows a relative of his which is the only reason I know anything about him

32 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They also took Jonathan Meeks instead of Micah Hyde. 

But yeah they can get back into the 4th with no issue at all if they want to. The have t make sure they hit in rounds 2 and 3. Personally, I would trade more picks in this draft to get multiple twos or threes tonight. 

Absolutely agree on trading late rounders. 6 and 7 aren’t making this team unless it’s a punter.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Absolutely agree on trading late rounders. 6 and 7 aren’t making this team unless it’s a punter.

This exactly.  Save a 5th and get a punter, bundle everything else and move up.  The Bills have finally built a roster that affords a little bit of "luxury".  Lower-round picks stashed on the Practice Squad are just going to get poached - AGAIN.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t hate trading a 4th.. I just wish we still  had it to use in a trade up tonight. 

Gabriel Davis was a 2nd/3rd round talent that fell to the 4th in an insanely deep WR draft.  This draft is deep at WR, but in two years things have changed and that likely never happens again.  

Not that it matters because I'm glad they took Elam over McDuffie but I wonder if the Bills could have traded up further than 23 with thier 4th rd pick if they were going to go that route.   I envisioned them trading up to like 18-19 to take Booth but I was also hoping for a bit that maybe they would trade up to the 15-18 range and grab Hamilton if he slid that far.  

• Like (+1) 1

the people whining about this are immature and short sighted. beane sees one guy left on his board with 1st rd grade AT A POSITION OF NEED..... in a draft that i believe TIED FOR MOST FIRST ROUND TRADES.... all night was wheeling n dealing. Dallas needed another CB, they also easily couldve traded out to anyone else. who knows what kinda intel he had on this on top of that other info.

ill never speak on the 4th rder lost again

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Only about 60% of the players taken in the first round are good enough to stay with their original team for four years.   I haven't seen any stats for fourth rounders lasting for four years but I'd bet it's 10% or less for fourth rounders.  It's probably significantly less for fourth rounders going to perennial playoff contenders.   The chances of a fourth rounder having significant impact with the Bills would be pretty slim.

This thread seems bonkers to me. 

Beane has made two 4th-round picks in his time with the Bills:

• Taron Johnson, who's one of the top nickel CBs in the league
  • Gabriel Davis, who's stepped up in a big way whenever his name's been called

He's absolutely CRUSHED both picks, so yes, given Beane's hit rate, it's disappointing we don't have a 4th. On the flip side, if there's a guy Beane really wants in the 4th, we can easily maneuver our way back in, I'm sure.

55 minutes ago, Lost said:

Not that it matters because I'm glad they took Elam over McDuffie but I wonder if the Bills could have traded up further than 23 with thier 4th rd pick if they were going to go that route.   I envisioned them trading up to like 18-19 to take Booth but I was also hoping for a bit that maybe they would trade up to the 15-18 range and grab Hamilton if he slid that far.  

Beane said they never went higher than 20, but I am not sure there was going to be to much trading in that area anyway.

Pick 15 - the Texans at 15 might have been a player, especially as they reached for a pick, but going up 10 spots is more than 4th and was unnecessary.

Pick 16 - Washington- I don’t think Beane will deal with that FO after this off season.

Picks 17, 18, 19, and 20 teams all got guys they seemed to be associated with and were top needs for the teams at the right time.  

I am not sure any of them really wanted to risk the move back.

21 - was NE and I would not expect them and the Bills to work together.  

22 - GB did not seem to want to move

23 - got the prize - Baltimore risked the fall.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.