Sauce Gardner will "easily" take on Stephon Diggs, others... Diggs might feel differently :)

Commish

1 hour ago, Your Brown Eye said:

What do you want him to say?  ... "I hope Diggs uses a bottle of lube and is gentle on me"?...  

Yeah, those are the only two alternatives.

He couldn't have said something like, "Well, I'll give it 110%. I'm going to give my new team everything I have. Their great fan base is inspiring. I hope I can be as tough and resilient as New York City. I promise you one thing, I'll work like a dog to help make this team a playoff yadda yadda yadda."

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Those guys are among the best and I look forward to playing against them.  They'll be a great test"

The smart ones don't write a check with their mouths they may not be able to cash with their bodies at first.

Yes!! Precisely. That's the way to go, which is the reason 95% of the talk coming out of the NFL sounds like that.

There's plenty to say between "I'm petrified with fear, and am considering changing careers" and "Those pathetic little girls, I'll have them for breakfast."

Having said that, what he said won't have Diggs boiling with anger. It wasn't much. But Stefon will no doubt remember.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Was he running away from the camera, or had he just lost track of his assignment? 🤔

Jets have hired an assistant for when Gardner gets lost between the locker room and the field:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Ralonzo
board is melting?
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

To play in the NFL you have to be confident. 

Sure.  But there's a difference between "confident" and "####-sure".  Like Tua with his comment after 3 games "I expected it (the NFL) to be a lot harder," it might not age well and people will keep their "receipts".

As one of the Packers OL said to Farve "I gotta block this guy, Brett, Don't Piss Him Off!"

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Jets had a great draft unfortunately. One of the funniest comments I read on the Jets board was someone said that "Joe Douglas is the best GM in the league and its not even close". Other Jets fans to their credit told him he isn't even the best in the division behind Beane and Bill. One guy also said "can we do better than 4-13 before we put him in the HOF".

Bill may have taken a step back😎

• Thank you (+1) 1

This reminds me a little bit of the Stevie Johnson - Darrelle Revis matchups. Johnson was one of the few receivers who gave Revis trouble. I expect Allen and Diggs will destroy this cocky rookie. At least it makes the Bills vs Jets games a little more interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL at that last

The Jets had a solid first round and came away with 3 highly regarded players who should help them a lot.

OTOH, the announcers on ABC were just "washing" them to a ridiculous degree, they drafted the best CB in the draft and they drafted the best WR and then they drafted the best LB/DE in the draft.

Every year, players who are drafted later on outperform initially and/or have better careers than players who are drafted higher, so I think the chances the Jets hit it out of the park x3 are fairly small.  They had a good draft, but let's not go nuts. 

The pundits were all slamming the Bills a couple years ago for trading up for Josh Allen and then for Tre Edmunds.   We know how Allen vs Pundits worked out and while in hindsight, we might all rather have Darius Leonard, fwiw PFR has Edmunds at equal AAV to Roquan Smith (who went eighth) and better than Rashan Evans (who went 22); Edmunds hasn't  been what the fans hoped, and maybe not quite what the Bills hoped, but he's been a starter.

I'll be impressed with the Jets if they can manage to get any of their good players to 2nd contracts. They tend to trade all their good players away before the end of their rookie deals.

They've definately been a team that just accumulates talent instead of building a team and a culture (and I put the Dolphins in that same category as well). Maybe that changes, maybe it doesn't.

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

That kid has NEVER seen a route run like Steph Diggs will show him. I predict a serious welcome to the NFL moment with #14.

I’m trying to come up with a list of nfl caliber WRs/QBs he’s even played against other than the Bama kids in the playoffs 

UC played Ohio state when he was a freshman and they lost 42-0 but he’s not on the box score, don’t remember if he played. ND and IU this year didn’t turn out any QBs/WRs like Allen and company 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

I think he’s a great talent, but let’s not pretend he’s taken on the best even in college.  He’s going to be licking sauce off his wounds for a bit in the NFL.   I wouldn’t run my mouth about any All-Pros without stepping foot on an NFL field.   Diggs is going to light him up as will Hill, those are not guys you see in college.  Hill is sincerely a generational type of talent (and #######), Diggs is damn near impossible for the very best DBs in the league to cover one on one with Allen throwing to him.  I’d expect them to throw it right at the kid from play one when they get on the field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.