Sauce Gardner will "easily" take on Stephon Diggs, others... Diggs might feel differently :)

Commish

3 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

What’s he supposed to say ?  “I’ll get toasted”?  This is nothing.  All these guys say stuff like this 

the correct answer for this player would have been,   no answer.  its really that easy.   he's already failed his first test.   mbe he smartens up.

confidence is fine.   hubris isnt.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

IDK, the context of this when you actually watch the interview isn’t all that braggadocious. When asked about the trio of wide receivers in the AFC East he says he feels he could stack up against the best… easily. The “easily” part seems to me his way of saying it’s a no brainer that he has the talent to compete. 

He doesn’t say he would have an easy time covering them. Unless there’s more to it that isn’t in the clip, it’s literally somebody sticking a mic in his face and asking 2 brief questions which he answered similarly briefly. Seems like clickbait. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

the correct answer for this player would have been,   no answer.  its really that easy.   he's already failed his first test.   mbe he smartens up.

confidence is fine.   hubris isnt.

come on

• Like (+1) 2

Jets had a great draft unfortunately. One of the funniest comments I read on the Jets board was someone said that "Joe Douglas is the best GM in the league and its not even close". Other Jets fans to their credit told him he isn't even the best in the division behind Beane and Bill. One guy also said "can we do better than 4-13 before we put him in the HOF".

A lot of his big plays they showed in highlights were horrifyingly under thrown passes.  He does look to have some nice recovery on crossing routes, and I'm sure he'll be solid.  

At the same time, Diggs has had success against literally every player in the NFL that they put into island man coverage.  The route running in the NFL is ridiculous these days - Adams, Kupp, even beyond the super plus athletes and speed. 

3 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

What do you want him to say?  ... "I hope Diggs uses a bottle of lube and is gentle on me"?...  

"I look forward to the competition"

"Should be a battle"

"he's a great player"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.