The 3-team deal I’d like to see the Bills pull off on day 2

iccrewman112

7 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

Trade up and draft Nakobe Dean from Georgia. Presto LB of the future. Once that deal is secure…

Find a trade partner for Tremaine Edmunds (mid second rounder) hopefully an NFC team, and use the pick for Breece Hall.

i don’t have positional needs and charts in front of me but this would help the cap this year and years moving forward as well as solidify the backfield.

While I don't think we trade Edmunds and I actually like Edmunds...I'd be all over this.  :)

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Better hope Elam IS a difference-maker if he has  to fill in for Tre 

He didn't exactly distinguish his dominance in the SEC, but maybe they'll coach him up like they did with Levi. We can always hope. I still think Beane pulls the trigger on Haden or another FA before the camps start.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Edmunds isn’t the difference between us winning a Super Bowl or not.  

If we roll with him, I want him re-signed.   

Absolutely hate the idea of playing a rental year with a former RD1 pick who likely has substantial trade value, ie a pick tonight. 

No but the unproven Round 2 Rookie you are replacing him with might be the reason why you don’t  win or even make the SB..

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

No but the unproven Round 2 Rookie you are replacing him with might be the reason why you don’t  win or even make the SB..

I refuse to accept this argument. 

Our defense has an absurd amount of talent on it. 

Poyer & Hyde at Safety. 

White, Elam and Johnson at Cornerback. 

We still have Milano at LB. 

Miller, Rousseau, Oliver etc on the DL

Come on..

Just now, SCBills said:

I refuse to accept this argument. 

Our defense has an absurd amount of talent on it. 

Poyer & Hyde at Safety. 

White, Elam and Johnson at Cornerback. 

We still have Milano at LB. 

Miller, Rousseau, Oliver etc on the DL

Come on..

Well… don’t accept it … 

I don’t see him getting traded tonight though,.

8 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

Trade up and draft Nakobe Dean from Georgia. Presto LB of the future. Once that deal is secure…

Find a trade partner for Tremaine Edmunds (mid second rounder) hopefully an NFC team, and use the pick for Breece Hall.

i don’t have positional needs and charts in front of me but this would help the cap this year and years moving forward as well as solidify the backfield.

See?

Don’t do drugs, kids.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I love reading these massively absurd trade scenarios, do folk really think that this stuff is gonna actually happen???

They always over valuing the Bills player getting traded. They Never consider the contracts.  What could go wrong 

• Like (+1) 1

Dean is a 225 pound hybrid LB. Makes no sense

51 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I could see them trying to do what Tenn did with Brown and trading the player for the pick to replace him. I like that move, replace a contract and in theory get better in the process.

this is precisely my point. It’s less about edmunds the player and more about player control and salary cap flexibility.

think about the ravens…

they draft Hollywood Brown get 3 years of service from him and then trade him for a 1st rounder. Talk about value. Similar with Edmunds just not as high replacement pick value.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billieve420 said:

I could see Edmunds getting the Franchise tag if he does not take leap this year and team is uncertain about paying him long term. If team decides to move him it probably won’t be till next offseason.

Why would you bother franchise tagging him if he doesn't take a leap in performance?

13 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Tremaine Edmunds isn't going to be traded. Regardless of how you feel of his play (which isn't as bad as some of you posters make it seem), he's the signal caller of the #1 Defense in the league for years running. We're not going to disrupt the flow of this Defense in this important season by hoping that a 2nd Round pick is going to not only cause us to miss a step in his Rookie season, but make it perform better.

They vastly improved the Defensive Line in front of him. They brought in the DT he played with in College. This wasn't just a coincidence. They want to see if it'll pay dividends for Tremaine. He's going to get this season.

It's time to let it go.

I agree he will be here this year; doesn't mean we have to "let it go."

He's not beyond criticism simply b/c the organization has decided to double down on the mistake of drafting him.  That's a common front office move.

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I agree he will be here this year; doesn't mean we have to "let it go."

He's not beyond criticism simply b/c the organization has decided to double down on the mistake of drafting him.  That's a common front office move.

"Let it go" as in continuing to make posts about us trading him this offseason. It's not happening.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.