The 3-team deal I’d like to see the Bills pull off on day 2

iccrewman112

Trade up and draft Nakobe Dean from Georgia. Presto LB of the future. Once that deal is secure…

Find a trade partner for Tremaine Edmunds (mid second rounder) hopefully an NFC team, and use the pick for Breece Hall.

i don’t have positional needs and charts in front of me but this would help the cap this year and years moving forward as well as solidify the backfield.

Edited by iccrewman112
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

• iccrewman112 changed the title to The 3-team deal I’d like to see the Bills pull off on day 2
8 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Trade up and draft Nakobe Dean from Georgia. Presto LB of the future. Once that deal is secure…

Find a trade partner for Tremaine Edmunds (mid second rounder) hopefully an NFC team, and use the pick for Breece Hall.

i don’t have positional needs and charts in front of me but this would help the cap this year and years moving forward as well as solidify the backfield.

Tremaine Edmunds isn't going to be traded. Regardless of how you feel of his play (which isn't as bad as some of you posters make it seem), he's the signal caller of the #1 Defense in the league for years running. We're not going to disrupt the flow of this Defense in this important season by hoping that a 2nd Round pick is going to not only cause us to miss a step in his Rookie season, but make it perform better.

They vastly improved the Defensive Line in front of him. They brought in the DT he played with in College. This wasn't just a coincidence. They want to see if it'll pay dividends for Tremaine. He's going to get this season.

It's time to let it go.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Tremaine Edmunds isn't going to be traded. Regardless of how you feel of his play (which isn't as bad as some of you posters make it seem), he's the signal caller of the #1 Defense in the league for years running. We're not going to disrupt the flow of this Defense in this important season by hoping that a 2nd Round pick is going to not only cause us to miss a step in his Rookie season, but make it perform better.

They vastly improved the Defensive Line in front of him. They brought in the DT he played with in College. This wasn't just a coincidence. They want to see if it'll pay dividends for Tremaine. He's going to get this season.

It's time to let it go.

I don’t disagree with anything you said, but I do not see the bills retaining Edmunds after the season. To be it is about the cap more than anything. Trying to look beyond this season. 

It’s a SB expectation year for he Bills … let Edmunds play it out instead of rolling the dice on a second round rookie…

If they then decide to move on then so be it…. Maybe they get a comp pick for him although that doesn’t appear to be a major priority for Beane generally… 

If he moves on and they get nothing for him in 2023… well.. they will have to suck it up…

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I don’t disagree with anything you said, but I do not see the bills retaining Edmunds after the season. To be it is about the cap more than anything. Trying to look beyond this season. 

We don't know that. All we know is that they haven't extended him yet and want to see how he performs this season in a Contract year. Could we hedge our bets a bit by taking a LB in Round 2? Yes. But that will be in conjunction with Tremaine, not as a replacement.

What team is gonna pay you a premium asset after you've shown your hand and moved up to draft his replacement?  It'd be just like the Baker situation in Cleveland, teams would just wait you out.

Regardless, the Bills are really high on Edmunds, even if the fans are so-so.  I think he's proven to be a solid starting LB and a decent enough signal caller.  He's not going anywhere.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

You do know that's not a three-team deal, right? It's two deals, each involving two teams.

Neither one of which stands more than about a 2% chance of happening, not to mention that Dean, while a good LB, doesn't appear to be what the Bills want at MLB.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

You do know that's not a three-team deal, right? It's two deals, each involving two teams.

Neither one of which stands more than about a 2% chance of happening, not to mention that Dean, while a good LB, doesn't appear to be what the Bills want at MLB.

C’mon, man. That’s mafia-math. We’re outrageous, but we ain’t bright🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's time to let it go.

Well said! I dont get the Edmunds hate. Or the love for Breece Hall. But if Beane had traded down,grabbed an extra pick, I would have been OK with using it for Hall.

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's time to let it go.

I think his role as 'signal caller' is overrated.

It's more about his placement in the middle of the defense than his acumen as a defensive genius.  He's in the best position on that side of the ball to relay signals to the rest of the defense.  I suspect he's mostly the proxy mouthpiece from the D Coordinator who radios signals to him.

If Edmunds was that knowledgeable about defensive schemes, I doubt he'd be getting burned and out of position as he often is.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

I could see Edmunds getting the Franchise tag if he does not take leap this year and team is uncertain about paying him long term. If team decides to move him it probably won’t be till next offseason.

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s a SB expectation year for he Bills … let Edmunds play it out instead of rolling the dice on a second round rookie…

If they then decide to move on then so be it…. Maybe they get a comp pick for him although that doesn’t appear to be a major priority for Beane generally… 

If he moves on and they get nothing for him in 2023… well.. they will have to suck it up…

Edmunds isn’t the difference between us winning a Super Bowl or not.  

If we roll with him, I want him re-signed.   

Absolutely hate the idea of playing a rental year with a former RD1 pick who likely has substantial trade value, ie a pick tonight. 

6 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

Why would they opt for Dean when they passed on Devin Lloyd? Then they could have moved Edmunds to get HALL or the best available corner early in the 2nd. Elam is not a difference maker. The Bills have Edmunds on his rookie contract this year. He's staying and my prediction is he gets extended. He's the best option for our SB chase this year.

I love reading these massively absurd trade scenarios, do folk really think that this stuff is gonna actually happen???

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

While I dont like this particular scenario, I do think Beane will do a player-for-picks deal to add a 2nd or 3rd rounder. e.g. we have too many DEs and Rousseau, Miller and Lawson are locks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

C’mon, man. That’s mafia-math. We’re outrageous, but we ain’t bright🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

We need a "Burn" or and "Ouch" emoji added. Some of these draft posts...thank heavens it's finally here.

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's time to let it go.

Which one was that? Interesting

21 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Why would they opt for Dean when they passed on Devin Lloyd? Then they could have moved Edmunds to get HALL or the best available corner early in the 2nd. Elam is not a difference maker. The Bills have Edmunds on his rookie contract this year. He's staying and my prediction is he gets extended. He's the best option for our SB chase this year.

Better hope Elam IS a difference-maker if he has  to fill in for Tre 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.