Pats' fans melting down over 1st rd pick, Video of McVay laughing at the pick... Brutal!

Inigo Montoya

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

The thing is, they have lost him before and kept right on going.  I think it’s bigger this time because there’s no Brady to cover it all, but that’s yet to be proven.  I personally think you will see more of a drop off from the Online coach retiring. 

When Mcdaniels left the first time, Bill O'Brian essentially took over. Hes a jerk and a bad personal guy but he can call a game. Also they had Brady as you mentioned.

Is Joe Judge and Matt Patricia with a limited Mac Jones really going to produce the same results?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

When Mcdaniels left the first time, Bill O'Brian essentially took over. Hes a jerk and a bad personal guy but he can call a game. Also they had Brady as you mentioned.

Is Joe Judge and Matt Patricia with a limited Mac Jones really going to produce the same results?

I am with  you, I’m saying people have come to think of the pats system as interchangeable.  I don’t think it will be so easy without Brady, period.  Mac n Cheez is no Tawmy.  I expect them to struggle a lot and I think not have Scarnechia (probably butchered that) will have a big impact on the line play.  I expect the pats to be sub .500 this year.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Agree 1

On 5/3/2022 at 8:40 PM, BigAl2526 said:

The issue is he certainly would have been available in round 2, and quite possibly in round 3.

You can't possibly know that, though.  Some GMs like to gamble that their top rated player will still be available a round later because the Mel Kipers of the world mocked it that way.  Clearly Bill isn't that guy.  He knew who he wanted, and he grabbed him. 

I can almost guarantee that there were players taken ahead of him who will have worse careers than Strange.  Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they put him at Center and he ends up being better than Linderbaum.

Edited by Billl

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

What happened? 

The Red Sox are bad again, the Pats had a bad draft and won't be winning Super Bowls for the foreseeable future, and it was never a Bruins town.

The Celts look like the only potential title contender out of the 3 bigs, so it's back to being a basketball town.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/8/2022 at 12:55 PM, Warcodered said:

Looked up their coaches real quick and they don't have an OC, DC, QB coach, OL coach, they have Matt Patricia as a "Senior football advisor/offensive assistant", but seriously how much is Bill planning on doing himself at 70?

Not having an OC or DC is a mechanism which Bill-Cheat cab prevent those coaches at those positions from going to another team.  According to rules teams cannot deny an OC or DC from going to another team.  I am surprised he has not put in two coaches who he could get comp picks if they went to other teams for you know he loves comp picks.

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

The thing is, they have lost him before and kept right on going.  I think it’s bigger this time because there’s no Brady to cover it all, but that’s yet to be proven.  I personally think you will see more of a drop off from the Online coach retiring. 

That's what I meant.  They lost a good OC and no longer have Brady, but instead a limited 2nd-year QB.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Doc said:

That's what I meant.  They lost a good OC and no longer have Brady, but instead a limited 2nd-year QB.

What is a "limited" QB?  Is there a definition for that or is more or less just saying 2nd year QB?  Just curious how to read that.  

2 minutes ago, P Riv said:

What is a "limited" QB?  Is there a definition for that or is more or less just saying 2nd year QB?  Just curious how to read that.  

Meaning non-elite arm strength and not much of a scrambler.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.