Pats' fans melting down over 1st rd pick, Video of McVay laughing at the pick... Brutal!

Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Was listening yesterday on NFL Radio, supposedly McVay contacted BB  on Sunday to smooth things over and maybe some sort of apology.

Regardless of how right or wrong McVays is, it's very rare for one coach to criticize to the point of laughing at another coach.

McVay was just calling to see which 3rd or 4th rounders he wouldn't have to scout next year.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

No more Dante Scarnecchia. That's a big one.

Him too. The media ignores all the help Bill got over the years while they polish his knob.

Meanwhile, here's a look in on the Patriots draft day war room....

Belichicks-dog.jpg

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

10. The Patriots are in trouble

Mac Jones losing Josh McDaniels (and now having a mystery coordinator) and this franchise adding next to nothing a year after spending big won't fare well.

A front seven that fell apart down the stretch a year ago doesn't look much better to me.

The Dolphins and Jets won't be easy to walk all over next season. A sophomore slump or two would be damning. I have my reservations.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ten-bold-nfl-predictions-for-2022-season-russell-wilson-wins-mvp-aaron-rodgers-calls-it-a-career-and-more/amp/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Mac Jones losing Josh McDaniels (and now having a mystery coordinator) and this franchise adding next to nothing a year after spending big won't fare well.

A front seven that fell apart down the stretch a year ago doesn't look much better to me.

The Dolphins and Jets won't be easy to walk all over next season. A sophomore slump or two would be damning. I have my reservations.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ten-bold-nfl-predictions-for-2022-season-russell-wilson-wins-mvp-aaron-rodgers-calls-it-a-career-and-more/amp/

It's a very under-reported story, for some reason.  McDaniels is one of the best OCs out there and will be a huge loss for the Cheaters' offense and Jones in particular.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's a very under-reported story, for some reason.  McDaniels is one of the best OCs out there and will be a huge loss for the Cheaters' offense and Jones in particular.

I think his level is overrated.  Much of his ability had come from information from Director of Analysis and Spying who supposedly retired from Cheaters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I think his level is overrated.  Much of his ability had come from information from Director of Analysis and Spying who supposedly retired from Cheaters.

Whoa, I completely missed that Ernie Adams retired last year!  Still though, he got a lot more out of that offense that he otherwise should have.  I still think he'll be a big loss for them.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Looked up their coaches real quick and they don't have an OC, DC, QB coach, OL coach, they have Matt Patricia as a "Senior football advisor/offensive assistant", but seriously how much is Bill planning on doing himself at 70?

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Looked up their coaches real quick and they don't have an OC, DC, QB coach, OL coach, they have Matt Patricia as a "Senior football advisor/offensive assistant", but seriously how much is Bill planning on doing himself at 70?

Belicheat’s the DC so that’s not a big deal. But the rest…

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Belicheat’s the DC so that’s not a big deal. But the rest…

If he's overstretching himself across multiple roles, even something he's clearly great at could suffer.

I think I get whey the Patriots suck at drafting so much, the GM has a grudge against the HC because he slept with his wife.

• Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If he's overstretching himself across multiple roles, even something he's clearly great at could suffer.

I think I get whey the Patriots suck at drafting so much, the GM has a grudge against the HC because he slept with his wife.

Well the NFL frowns on his alternate way of relieving tension.

Well they frown on him getting caught more than the actual act.

10 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

He’s right. The team Got absolutely clobbered by a division rival in prime time and then did nothing to improve. They lost their OC and hired Joe Judge to replace him. If the Pats* make the playoffs I will be very surprised 

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

*Insert "4-D cHeSs" cliches*

Belichick spongebob.jpg

On 5/3/2022 at 10:05 PM, Richard Noggin said:

I just keep thinking of the Logan Mankins pick. It was so similar with respect to perceived draft value/availability, which is easy to forget because of how well it actually worked out. We know Belichick doesn't mind being contrarian. Seems like he's really doubling down on himself lately, though. 

You know, as much as Belichick stinks at drafting WRs, he's been pretty good at drafting O linemen.

• Agree 1

Bottom line is that when you have a HOF defensive coordinator and a HOF QB, you have a championship combination that covers up a lot of mistakes in drafting and FA. Now that half of that is gone and the DC is 70 years old to boot, the good times are over.

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 1

On 5/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, Doc said:

The thing is, they have lost him before and kept right on going.  I think it’s bigger this time because there’s no Brady to cover it all, but that’s yet to be proven.  I personally think you will see more of a drop off from the Online coach retiring. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.