Pats' fans melting down over 1st rd pick, Video of McVay laughing at the pick... Brutal!

Inigo Montoya

44 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

??? Makes no sense. That award is not given for how you play against one team!?!?

It's obviously a SCOREBOARD argument: the Pats no longer have Tom Brady (who they LUCKED into late in the draft), while the Bills very intentionally acquired Josh Allen (and also turned over their entire roster/organization)...and we can see the wisdom of these executive decisions in the recent, undeniable Bills dominance on the field/scoreboard. 

I hear an even weaker version of this angle from Pats fans all the time; as soon as they feel threatened they invoke Superbowl ring tallies. What's dooshier than wagging gaudy bling from past accomplishments to counter current criticisms? 

• Agree 1

I'm not thrilled with the Bernard pick from the Bills but the Patriots draft has been an unmitigated disaster.  The strategy behind it is worse than the picks themselves, and the picks have been horrible.  Anybody who still believes old Bill can still do it all is just lying to themselves.

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

It's obviously a SCOREBOARD argument: the Pats no longer have Tom Brady (who they LUCKED into late in the draft), while the Bills very intentionally acquired Josh Allen (and also turned over their entire roster/organization)...and we can see the wisdom of these executive decisions in the recent, undeniable Bills dominance on the field/scoreboard. 

I hear an even weaker version of this angle from Pats fans all the time; as soon as they feel threatened they invoke Superbowl ring tallies. What's dooshier than wagging gaudy bling from past accomplishments to counter current criticisms? 

They can’t have a debate on the present state of their team, it’s not great and they know it. 

6 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Your point is what?

Ha, it’s you again Bwahahahahaha

15 hours ago, Doc said:

8th in points allowed.

And I made that comment prior to Brady becoming a prolific passer.  But I think that Belicheat could have won a fair number of SBs with half a dozen (of the HOF) QBs over the past 2 decades. 

He was the league's #1 passer 17 years ago. 

20 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

*sigh* Yeah.  LOOK at Tampa Bay.  The most talent he's ever had.  About 5 QBs could have won a Super Bowl with that squad.

Lol I love hypothetical arguments. Allen didn't win a super bowl with a strong squad the last couple years. We had a better team and record in 2020. Rodgers didn't win with a strong Packers team these past couple years. They had a better team (at least in 2020) and record. Brees and the Saints had a better team and record in 2020 too.

About 5 qbs my ass

Edited by MafiaMio
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMio said:

Lol I love hypothetical arguments. Allen didn't win a super bowl with a strong squad the last couple years. We had a better team and record in 2020. Rodgers didn't win with a strong Packers team these past couple years. They had a better team (at least in 2020) and record. Brees and the Saints had a better team and record in 2020 too.

About 5 qbs my ass

Allen, Rodgers and Brees had a better team than who?  The 2021 Bucs Super Bowl team?

Edited by Chicken Boo

18 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm not thrilled with the Bernard pick from the Bills but the Patriots draft has been an unmitigated disaster.  The strategy behind it is worse than the picks themselves, and the picks have been horrible.  Anybody who still believes old Bill can still do it all is just lying to themselves.

No more Brady, no more Scott Pioli, no more Ernie Adams. It's all Bill. This is what you get.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, gobills404 said:

It's like Bill is planning to retire soon and wants to leave the Pats with no good players to rebuild when he leaves.  Kinda seems like maybe there's some payback for Kraft backing Brady when there was talk of playing garrapolo.  Just seems like some behind the scenes stuff is getting settled.

Patriots 2022 draft class receives lowest grade from Pro Football Focus

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-2022-draft-class-receives-232617885.html

By now, it's no secret that the New England Patriots have taken some flak for their haul in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Outlets both local and national have taken aim at New England's 10-player class, with ESPN's chief draft guru, Mel Kiper Jr., rating the Patriots' draft as the worst in the NFL.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

It's not that Strange is a bad player.  He's smart, a quick learner, and plays with solid technique.  In addition, he's projected to be able to play center too. The issue is he certainly would have been available in round 2, and quite possibly in round 3.  Would Belichick deny there was a player he might have liked as a Patriot besides Strange who got picked somewhere between his first round pick and the start of the third round.  There must have been someone.  If not, why didn't he trade down.

20 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

It's not that Strange is a bad player.  He's smart, a quick learner, and plays with solid technique.  In addition, he's projected to be able to play center too. The issue is he certainly would have been available in round 2, and quite possibly in round 3.  Would Belichick deny there was a player he might have liked as a Patriot besides Strange who got picked somewhere between his first round pick and the start of the third round.  There must have been someone.  If not, why didn't he trade down.

I just keep thinking of the Logan Mankins pick. It was so similar with respect to perceived draft value/availability, which is easy to forget because of how well it actually worked out. We know Belichick doesn't mind being contrarian. Seems like he's really doubling down on himself lately, though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.