Pats' fans melting down over 1st rd pick, Video of McVay laughing at the pick... Brutal!

Inigo Montoya

13 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He just isn’t a good talent evaluator. Pro or college. Brady made Belichick, not the other way around. 

I think Billy B's has taken a lot of players off the scrap heap and gotten good production out of them on both sides of the ball. I think he has also gotten some draft hits here and there all throughout the draft. But no GM is perfect and as a GM I would say he is pretty average at best maybe better on the pro side esp in the bargain bin. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

The best part of this is the reigning SB winning NFL coach literally laughing at old Mumbledore in NE pullng a moob muscle trying so hard to show he's the smartest guy in the room again and failing.   McVay's not kissing his rings or even showing him any respect.  F you Bellicheat. 

I still don’t see why PROVEN cheaters get respect.  

Good on the guy on the camera 🎥 keeping it live.  

• Agree 3

I love the "this defense didn't force a punt the last 2 games against the Bills and they have done nothing to get better!" Lol in fact they got worse, they lost a few notable guys on defense including JC Jackson who is the youngest son of Mr. Stefon Diggs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

WOW

That’s probably the best knob shine Billy has had in decades!

I bet Kraft is jealous 😎

Listen I've seen this board blow Tom Brady 

I was blasted a few weeks ago for not unanimously declaring him the goat

When I think you could put a few Hall of Fame quarterbacks with belichick and he would have those super bowls 

It takes two to tango and people who think belichick is bad now without Brady are crazy

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The Patriots have had a higher success rate drafting offensive lineman than any other position (they can't draft a good wr to save their lives).  Their staff will probably turn him into a pro-bowler by his third season.

If I remember correctly, people laughed when the Pats drafted Logan Mankins in the 1st as well. He became a pro-bowler. But the Pats had Dante Scarnecchia (one of the best oline coaches in NFL history) at the time. Scarnecchia isn't there anymore.

14 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He just isn’t a good talent evaluator. Pro or college. Brady made Belichick, not the other way around. 

Ridiculous take.

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was a winning strategy BB chose before the game started, based on the anticipated weather.

Having your QB attempt 30 passes in that wind (for 145 yards total--the longest was 26 yards to Diggs, not 50) was a bad decision.

He made the wind a nonfactor for his team.  see above.

Wasting time arguing with people who think BB is a terrible coach is like arguing with someone who is dead convinced the sky is green, or that the world is going to end next Wednesday, but he happens to know now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Billy B's has taken a lot of players off the scrap heap and gotten good production out of them on both sides of the ball. I think he has also gotten some draft hits here and there all throughout the draft. But no GM is perfect and as a GM I would say he is pretty average at best maybe better on the pro side esp in the bargain bin. 

He is good at coaching players up to perform well, but not good at determining which players have high end talent.

His picks consistently leave a lot to be desired. Hasn't had a player he drafted that made the pro bowl other than Mac Jones by default after Allen declined since 2013.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

And Brady doesn't win anything in NE without Belichick's defenses or his hiring of Dante Scarnecchia.

It goes both ways.

That would have been more valid if he didn't win a SB with the Bucs.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Right.  With Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Gronk, Antonio Brown, Lenoard Fournette and arguably the best defense in the league that year.

What a feat.

Yeah, it is.  Along with the three NE SB wins where the other team scored 24+ points.  Or maybe it was Belichick who got Vinatieri into FG range?

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

Belichick is a great coach. That's undeniable. He is a great defensive mind.

As a GM, it is a mixed bag for sure. He has brought in overlooked players in the past and gotten good production. I don't think he has ever been anything but an average drafter, and more recently I'd say he has been pretty bad in the draft.

I do think Brady has covered up a lot of deficiencies on offense over the years.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

That would have been more valid if he didn't win a SB with the Bucs.

With the 5th ranked D in points allowed....

You certainly have come a long way from when you stated that BB could have the same success in NE with "half a dozen QBs".

16 hours ago, Doc said:

People are Strange...

. . .

When you are a stranger 
Faces look ugly
When you're alone

Women seem wicked
When you're unwanted
Streets are uneven
When you're down

When you're strange
Faces come out of the rain
When you're strange
No one remembers your name
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

People are strange
When you're a stranger
Faces look ugly
When you're alone

Women seem wicked
When you're unwanted
Streets are uneven
When you're down

When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

All right, yeah

When you're strange
When you're strange

When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean, do they not have legit points?  He is well below .500 without Brady as his QB.  Look at his draft history and free agent additions....it's been terrible.

He is a great defensive coach that had Brady cover up his other warts.  He's not a terrible head coach but is a terrible GM.  

This is a weak take based on hate. 

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bill belichick's defensive game plan shut down the bills kgun in the Bills Giants SB ... It's literally in the HoF

he's been a defensive guru for 30 plus years and has won super bowls with great defensive performances 

His ability to adapt his scheme across multiple eras ... Running multiple fronts and confusing top quarterbacks for 30 years is a tremendous legacy  

And he just took the Patriots to the playoffs with a terrible rag arm quarterback...

He just can't stop Josh Allen : ) 

And yes he isn't the greatest GM.. but his defensive coaching abilities are unquestioned

Lots of people question his current defensive coaching abilities.

i-do-no-think-you-know-what-you-mean.jpg

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

This is a weak take based on hate. 

This is a weak take based on worship. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.