Pats' fans melting down over 1st rd pick, Video of McVay laughing at the pick... Brutal!

Inigo Montoya

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He just isn’t a good talent evaluator. Pro or college. Brady made Belichick, not the other way around. 

Been trying to say this for years. People here just can't handle the fact that Brady owned us and he's not playing for our team so they give Belichick all the credit, because we like to believe our guy can do the same all those years

9 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The Patriots have had a higher success rate drafting offensive lineman than any other position (they can't draft a good wr to save their lives).  Their staff will probably turn him into a pro-bowler by his third season.

This may be true.  But they could have taken a different player with their first pick and still gotten Strange later.

Every team makes questionable draft picks but if this guy ends up being a probowler nobody will say it was a reach in hindsight.

At this point though I'm not really sure the Pats are still the 2nd best team in the division and there is going to be tremendous pressure for Mac Jones to take a massive leap this year.

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Bill B. Has to go. The game has past him by. Know when to hang them up.

I'll wait to reach that conclusion until the Pats miss the playoffs 2 years in a row

3 superbowls, 2 SB wins in the last 6 years plus 2 playoffs including 10-7 with a rookie QB doesn't sound like "game has passed him by" at all

That said....my impression is that Bill Belicheck has always been the guy who wants to keep everything he can, close to his vest and not delegate.

That philosophy works better at age 60 than at age 65 and better at age 65 than age 70.

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dying

The best part of this is the reigning SB winning NFL coach literally laughing at old Mumbledore in NE pullng a moob muscle trying so hard to show he's the smartest guy in the room again and failing.   McVay's not kissing his rings or even showing him any respect.  F you Bellicheat. 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Every team makes questionable draft picks but if this guy ends up being a probowler nobody will say it was a reach in hindsight.

At this point though I'm not really sure the Pats are still the 2nd best team in the division and there is going to be tremendous pressure for Mac Jones to take a massive leap this year.

Yet the same doesn't apply to Elam, in so far as "wasting" that 4th rounder?

8 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The best part of this is the reigning SB winning NFL coach literally laughing at old Mumbledore in NE pullng a moob muscle trying so hard to show he's the smartest guy in the room again and failing.   McVay's not kissing his rings or even showing him any respect.  F you Bellicheat. 

Also, both McVay and Snead are WASTED drunk at this point. Those Rams guys trade away their picks and use the draft as an excuse to party. Cant argue with the results so far.

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

So that's what, 2 of the last 35?  

Oh wow...we're going to go back almost 20 years to try to make a point.  You're right...Pats are pretty much the same team in that time span.  Not a major loss on the offensive side of the ball for them recently.  

I guess we can't make fun of the Dolphins that we've owned recently because they dominated us in the 1970's....damn.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh wow...we're going to go back almost 20 years to try to make a point.  You're right...Pats are pretty much the same team in that time span.  Not a major loss on the offensive side of the ball for them recently.  

I guess we can't make fun of the Dolphins that we've owned recently because they dominated us in the 1970's....damn.

My point is, how are people really trying to discredit Belichick?  It's ridiculous.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.