Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Legit defense?  It makes me laugh when I read stuff like this. We were ranked number one this past season. And if you want to dismiss the ranking because of “who we faced”, fine. Either way, we were a top 5 unit. Don’t post things that aren’t true that the numbers don’t support. 

I realize you can only play who is on your schedule.  I won't argue that we had a good defense.  We were a very good defense.  I suppose the term "legit defense" I should have replaced with the word intimidating or scary.  But if that is what you took from my post so be it.  If you thought our defense last year was dominant or feared I think we will have to agree to disagree.  I love this team as much as the next fan and realize I am a homer as well.  But our defense last year (#1 ranking or not) was not a feared defense.  IMO our offense was more fearful than our defense.  I am sure the Von Miller signing and some of the other moves will show as much this season.

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

And i think ppl are forgetting how cole beasley kept our offensive engine running when he was on especially in 2020. We need to keep our fastball. We havent drafted a wr or rb in the first two rounds in years

I agree, but we don't know what Palmer has planned for this offense. They talked about running the 12 more but what's to say they don't struggle from that formation and they revert back to playing allot of 11. I'd love to add Kyle Philips to our roster but can't justify spending a higher pick on him if we're committed to running more 12. Plus in either formation we really don't have that "take the top off" deep speed on the outside that helps the slot and TE's.

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If Allen gets hurt because we failed to protect him, I’m going to beyond livid. 

We signed Saffold, matched Boettgers offer, and drafted two RT’s last year and there has only been 1 round of the draft. Chill! Our team is in good shape and let’s see how the draft shakes out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I understand this is about the second round pick, but realistically we can add the speed element on the outside with Tyquan Thornton possibly at 185 or Charleston Rambo at 203. They're really there to keep a corner and safety occupied. This would free them up to take who they feel would help us best this year and beyond in the second.

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We neglect the offense like its the plague, especially the o-line. I guess the plan is to rehabilitate Ford into a Ferrari. 

We added a pro bowl guard - Rodger Saffold, re-signed Ryan Bates, added Dan Quessenberry, I'm pretty sure Bates will take over at RG. How is it neglected? Re-signed WR McKenzie, extended Diggs, signed FA Jamison Crowder, tried to sign RB McKissic, signed RB Duke Johnson.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

I agree, but we don't know what Palmer has planned for this offense. They talked about running the 12 more but what's to say they don't struggle from that formation and they revert back to playing allot of 11. I'd love to add Kyle Philips to our roster but can't justify spending a higher pick on him if we're committed to running more 12. Plus in either formation we really don't have that "take the top off" deep speed on the outside that helps the slot and TE's.

Good point too. I wouldnt cry if we get a guard either. Either way, i just wanna see offense tonight

4 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

I understand this is about the second round pick, but realistically we can add the speed element on the outside with Tyquan Thornton possibly at 185 or Charleston Rambo at 203. They're really there to keep a corner and safety occupied. This would free them up to take who they feel would help us best this year and beyond in the second.

I expect Thornton will be gone by the end of R4 at the latest.  Maybe R3,  depending on how long this WR run continues tonight.  

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So playing and giving minutes is equivalent to good drafting?

Again, Allen carried the team throughout most of last season despite their flaws(such as poor protection upfront, no run game outside of himself,  receivers struggling to get separation and YAC, and poor defensive play). 

You can say that about every team with a franchise QB, that's why everyone wants 1, they carry your team! He will always carry this team just like Rodgers does for the Packers, Brady for the Bucs and so on.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I expect Thornton will be gone by the end of R4 at the latest.  Maybe R3,  depending on how long this WR run continues tonight.  

Still lots of options. V. Jones, B. Melton even late rounds like an I. Weston. Not saying we should wait, just saying there are a lot of WR'S available. All shapes, sizes and speed ranges.😉

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

If Skyy Moore is still available at our pick, he would be an instant playmaker from the slot and someone that Diggs could groom for future outside role.

I have a feeling he’ll go fairly early in the 2nd, would be a gift at 57. 

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

We added a pro bowl guard - Rodger Saffold, re-signed Ryan Bates, added Dan Quessenberry, I'm pretty sure Bates will take over at RG. How is it neglected? Re-signed WR McKenzie, extended Diggs, signed FA Jamison Crowder, tried to sign RB McKissic, signed RB Duke Johnson.

I would be shocked if we didnt get a OL in this draft......maybe even Parham in the 2nd

11 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

If Skyy Moore is still available at our pick, he would be an instant playmaker from the slot and someone that Diggs could groom for future outside role.

With how thin the WR depth quickly became after round one, I’d think he will go very quickly. I’m not against trading up to grab him though. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So playing and giving minutes is equivalent to good drafting?

Again, Allen carried the team throughout most of last season despite their flaws(such as poor protection upfront, no run game outside of himself,  receivers struggling to get separation and YAC, and poor defensive play). 

I get your point, I think, but, as for draft rankings, Beane has been among the best in the league from reports from as recent as this past past year, so yes, playing time can and evidently does equate to good drafting. As to a poor run game, that was on Dabol, he didn’t give so much a a single F Uch about the run game, and it showed on the field and in his minor rift with the HC, that and how many passing yards did the team have???   As for line play we have already brought in coach “beach chairs” to compliment a line that was improving in the later part of the season, so your conjecture that this playoff /Super Bowl favorite team is a shambles on so many levels is wrought with hyperbole, jmo, I will happily accept various aspects of the team need work, but that the same with all the good teams,  humans don’t do perfect, never have, never will, all we can do is try to correct our failings…, can’t expect more than that.

Go Bills!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.