Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

16 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Now that the drama is over with our 1st pick and addresses a significant need, do you think Beane holds at 57?  Would he make a move up for Hall. Otherwise, feel like he goes with BPA.

Thoughts?

I would not move up for Breece Hall.   No.

I like a bunch of possible players.  Don't care about the position. 

TE Trey McBride, OL Nickolas Petit-Frere, LB Chad Muma, SAF Nick Cross, SAF Jaquan Brisker, and CB Kyler Gordon if he is still on the board at 57. 

Here are my top 25 heading into the second round:  Hoping for linebacker or WR

OR

Watch for Booth/Pitre to slip further...

OR

Hall or KWIII if one is still there.

UNDER THE LINE = "I'll settle for"

LB Nakobe Dean

LB Brian Asamoah

LB Troy Andersen

LB Leo Chenal
WR Skyy Moore

WR George Pickens

WR Jalen Tolbert

DT Travis Jones

CB Andrew Booth Jr. 

CB/S Jalen Pitre

SS Jaquan Brisker

RB Kenneth Walker III

RB Breece Hall

LB Chad Muma

WR John Metchie III

CB Kyler Gordon

DT Logan Hall

TE Trey McBride

TE Greg Dulcich

OG Dylan Parham

CB Roger McCreary

CB Cam Taylor-Britt

S Nick Cross

CB Marcus Jones

S Bryan Cook

S Kerby Joseph

Edited by Yantha

15 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

I am pretty unbiased on which CB we chose so long as it was addressed.  I figured if we didn't grab one in the 1st or 2nd round we would be signing a veteran this weekend.  I am glad we have a cost controlled contract on a rookie CB though with Tre already being signed to the big deal.

I have always thought our defense was 1 good cover CB away from being a legit defense.  Hopefully with our interior beef on DL and Von Miller/progress from young DE's it catapults us into being a scary defense.  I do feel like last year we were ranked better than we were on defense because of how poor our schedule was.  this year will be a better gauge on our ability on defense I think.

I realize depth at several positions may be a priority but I am of the mindset of more playmakers on offense too.  That puts us into scary opponent  territory.

Hey Fred Slacks,

What you touch on makes sense.

We went from Levi Wallace to Kaiir Elam at corner.  We are better long-term.

We picked up Von Miller, Tim Settle, Daquan Jones, and Jordan Phillips while dumping Star and Vernon Butler.  We are better. 

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bean is allergic to offensive picks not named Josh Allen above the 3rd round. I swear he must call the Green Bay front office a lot cause this is exactly what they do with Aaron Rogers 

I get frustrated about how defense heavy our early picks are too…but I think part of it is that Josh was pretty young and so they tried to put vets around him on offense

Now that he is hitting year 5, hopefully they start investing more early picks on offense to surround Josh with talent. We will see tonight!

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I'm going to say we draft Tremaine Edmunds replacement and select Christian Harris- ILB Alabama

If we take another defensive player at 57, Josh Allen should be permitted one polite face slap of Brandon Beane.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The drafting hasn't been great.  They stand out in almost all other categories.

I just wish they would learn to stop this trading up crap.  It's stupid.

But last night's move ultimately isn't enough to really get me worked up one way or the other.

This is sarcasm right because if not it is ignorant.

ESPN just went through the last 10 years of drafting and lookin at career versus expected for each draft pick.

Guess who is number 1 by a long ways over the last 5 years - since MCD took over.

The Bills have been by far the best drafting team and it isn’t even close.  They have infused more talent and got more production out of their picks than any other team.  

But by all means maybe you are right and the analytical data, the experts, the drafts gurus, and the majority of other are missing something that you somehow see.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 4

I understand why they took a corner at 23 and I’m fine with it…

…but it’s time to spend some damn draft capital on offense!

I want a WR,TE, RB, and OG. That’s four positions. We have six picks left.

For the love of God, let’s get QB1 some help!

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I would agree that it is not his best round - Basham is still too new but Ford looking like a bust and at best Epenesa is D-line rotational depth.

OR….if your glass is half full…….we are due for a second round steal of the draft like Thurman!  :)

History says it’s not his best round, so let’s change that! 

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this.... Did we not upgrade the offense in FA? 

Slightly.  

Still way too dependent on Josh Allen being superhuman. 

-Moderate upgrade at Guard with Saffold over Williams. 

-Slight upgrade with Crowder over Beasley. 

-Big upgrade of Howard over Sweeney. 

-As of now we have no outside WR3 without Sanders. 

-Not much of significance done at RB. 

Im seeing a slight upgrade of the Offense as of today, with a major worry at outside WR3. 

14 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'll play along.

If the Bills stay at 57......

Trey McBride. 

Wouldn’t hate it. We’d have an absolutely filthy TE room in ‘22.  Would still bang the table for a WR3 in RD3. 

Also, ESPN will run approximately 45,000 stories on his family. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

This is sarcasm right because if not it is ignorant.

ESPN just went through the last 10 years of drafting and lookin at career versus expected for each draft pick.

Guess who is number 1 by a long ways over the last 5 years - since MCD took over.

The Bills have been by far the best drafting team and it isn’t even close.  They have infused more talent and got more production out of their picks than any other team.  

But by all means maybe you are right and the analytical data, the experts, the drafts gurus, and the majority of other are missing something that you somehow see.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Haha ESPN’s analysis looks familiar… I did it over a year ago and refreshed it this January. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33297949/nfl-draft-which-teams-gotten-best-value-2012-rank-all-32

Edited by JGMcD2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

The drafting hasn't been great.  They stand out in almost all other categories.

I just wish they would learn to stop this trading up crap.  It's stupid.

But last night's move ultimately isn't enough to really get me worked up one way or the other.

they moved up 2 spots to get the player they wanted. That's how you do the draft. Why is it stupid?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Slightly.  

Still way too dependent on Josh Allen being superhuman. 

-Moderate upgrade at Guard with Saffold over Williams. 

-Slight upgrade with Crowder over Beasley. 

-Big upgrade of Howard over Sweeney. 

-As of now we have no outside WR3 without Sanders. 

-Not much of significance done at RB. 

Im seeing a slight upgrade of the Offense as of today, with a major worry at outside WR3. 

So an upgrade nonetheless correct? I'm not trying to be a tool but some act is if it's Josh Allen all by himself. We will always be way too dependent on Josh Allen, he's a super human elite QB, we've finally arrived! Name teams with 2 elite WR, 2 elite TE's , an OL full of Pro Bowlers? 2 elite RBs, yes you can name a few here and there but in reality we have a superbowl roster as is imo. I'm not against offense, I'd like some competition in certain areas like RG, RT, more WR depth etc.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.