Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

54 minutes ago, Drifter said:

The Bills go running back. Walker III or Spiller. All 2nd round receivers will be long gone.

Possibly not.  With QBs not going yesterday in Round 1, expect at least 4 to go in Round 2 ahead of the Bills.  That could push WR down a bit especially with the number of teams that took WR yesterday.  It'll be tight, but there is some talent at other premium positions that didn't go last night.  Teams may pounce tonight.

55 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think 2nd for Austin is a bit rich.  He is very small, but fast and quick.

I don't disagree...But the way they flew off the board last night it may take 57 to get Austin. I'm not saying they should. I'm just saying...B-)

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

James Cook and Rachaad White are fun options. Not sure if they are round 2 or 3.

Both are strong weapons as pass catchers and can lineup out wide. Both 4.4 speed. Cook’s game speed looks more 4.3

Tasker called Cooks for the Bills today.  He called the Elam pick yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm thinking they go linebacker round 2, they met with Christian Harris and he could be there at 57. Chad Muma too but I expect he'll be taken. Then WR in the third, no idea who will be there though, Alec Pierce, Shakir, Phillips, Wan'Dale, Calvin Austin could be options.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree that this front office has been nothing short of stellar. To think we the fans know more than Beane and company is a battle I'm not willing to fight. Their track record speaks for themselves. However, it doesn't mean that Beane/ front office hasn't made errors. Doesn't mean fans can't or shouldn't be critical of the front office moves. Isn't that what all fans do? It's goes with the territory sort of speak. Some opinions are really out there and ridiculous while others seem more rational and fact based. 

Personally, it's always fun for me to "play scout" for the Bills, predict the Bills moves, and critique, praise or criticize the draft picks and free agency pick ups or lack of. Once again, isn't that what fans do? It doesn't mean that fans think they know more than Beane and others making the decisions. 

In concluding, the Bills front office had earned its right to be trusted based on their outstanding performance. This team is poised to make a super bowl run and the front office absolutely deserves the accolades. 

Show me a front office that hasn't made mistakes.  Drafting is an art form not an exact science.

Where you need to look at the skill of our front office is with free agent acquisitions.  Their track record has been unbelievable.

Also, look at how the front office has managed the cap, keep current players , as well as signing productive free agents.

Our front office ROCKS!

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bean is allergic to offensive picks not named Josh Allen above the 3rd round. I swear he must call the Green Bay front office a lot cause this is exactly what they do with Aaron Rogers 

It's because elite defensive talent goes a lot quicker than offensive talent in the draft

We literally gave Allen two people who all pro'd in diggs and Beasley in pro personnel moves

We drafted him an athletic freak at tight end in Knox... And we've been building up the offensive line .. not to mention Gabe looks like a steal

Cuz we don't take a first round running back or wide receiver every year we're not helping him? The Packers don't even sign good free agents for Rodgers  

We build our offense through personnel moves and free agency mostly.. we build our defense through the draft 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Show me a front office that hasn't made mistakes.  Drafting is an art form not an exact science.

Where you need to look at the skill of our front office is with free agent acquisitions.  Their track record has been unbelievable.

Also, look at how the front office has managed the cap, keep current players , as well as signing productive free agents.

Our front office ROCKS!

The drafting hasn't been great.  They stand out in almost all other categories.

I just wish they would learn to stop this trading up crap.  It's stupid.

But last night's move ultimately isn't enough to really get me worked up one way or the other.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Our front office ROCKS!

I agree but it needs to bring home the Lombardi Trophy. That's the goal!  Thus far, they have fallen short. 

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Have the Bills won a Super Bowl yet? When they do I’ll shut up about the front offices incompetence 

The two can co-exist. You can have very good management but never achieve the ultimate goal. Very good sometimes doesn't cut it. You do make a valid point about no super.bowl win. 

I am pretty unbiased on which CB we chose so long as it was addressed.  I figured if we didn't grab one in the 1st or 2nd round we would be signing a veteran this weekend.  I am glad we have a cost controlled contract on a rookie CB though with Tre already being signed to the big deal.

I have always thought our defense was 1 good cover CB away from being a legit defense.  Hopefully with our interior beef on DL and Von Miller/progress from young DE's it catapults us into being a scary defense.  I do feel like last year we were ranked better than we were on defense because of how poor our schedule was.  this year will be a better gauge on our ability on defense I think.

I realize depth at several positions may be a priority but I am of the mindset of more playmakers on offense too.  That puts us into scary opponent  territory.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Fred Slacks said:

I am pretty unbiased on which CB we chose so long as it was addressed.  I figured if we didn't grab one in the 1st or 2nd round we would be signing a veteran this weekend.  I am glad we have a cost controlled contract on a rookie CB though with Tre already being signed to the big deal.

I have always thought our defense was 1 good cover CB away from being a legit defense.  Hopefully with our interior beef on DL and Von Miller/progress from young DE's it catapults us into being a scary defense.  I do feel like last year we were ranked better than we were on defense because of how poor our schedule was.  this year will be a better gauge on our ability on defense I think.

I realize depth at several positions may be a priority but I am of the mindset of more playmakers on offense too.  That puts us into scary opponent  territory.

Legit defense?  It makes me laugh when I read stuff like this. We were ranked number one this past season. And if you want to dismiss the ranking because of “who we faced”, fine. Either way, we were a top 5 unit. Don’t post things that aren’t true that the numbers don’t support. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.