Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

52 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Interesting and good post.  Beane has had an up and down track record with middle of the draft picks. Epenesa and Ford are 2nd round massive busts. Moss may be as well. H. Phillips was at best serviceable. Knox and Davis however are stars. Singletary is fine. Bass looks great. And Basham and Brown look ok but are mostly too soon to tell.

Probably no better or no worse than any other GM. 

Don’t forget Davis, Dawkins, Levi, Taron, Dane, and Milano.  McBeane has been better than most at the very least of not the best.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Interesting and good post.  Beane has had an up and down track record with middle of the draft picks. Epenesa and Ford are 2nd round massive busts. Moss may be as well. H. Phillips was at best serviceable. Knox and Davis however are stars. Singletary is fine. Bass looks great. And Basham and Brown look ok but are mostly too soon to tell.

Probably no better or no worse than any other GM. 

Yeah - I mean it is not like the Bills were just ranked the best drafting team over the last 5 years by ESPN using career over expected.

I mean Beane must be barely serviceable.

• Haha (+1) 1

Big Board:

1. Breece Hall

2. Skyy Moore

3. Bernard Raimann

4. Nakobe Dean

5. Cam Jurgens

6. Kenneth Walker III

7. Leo Chenal

8. Chad Muma

9. Nick Cross

10. James Cook

11. Dylan Parham

12. Christian Harris

13. Isaiah Spiller

14. Christian Watson

15. Jaquan Brisker

I'd like to see them come out of the 2nd and 3rd with a WR and a RB...I think at WR you're going to have to come up a little if you really want an early impact guy to fill the snaps left by Sanders that Gabe does not absorb...The name to watch is Calvin Austin IMO...I think Pickens, Moore, and Watson will get snatched up quick...

I don't know if this is a sneaky thing or not...But I would not be surprised to see the Bills sit and take Spiller at 57...They obviously like him, and the slow 40 is going to push him down. I'm not a huge fan of that. But I think it's very possible. I don't expect Breece to make it to 57...If so, I think he's the pick there. B-)

15 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I could not see any record of the Bills having shown any interest in him, which is weird to me.  Elite traits (RAS 9.9+), good hands, effective blocker, engineering degree in 3 1/2 years, was only a 3 star recruit with mostly MAC offers that worked his way up depth chart at Cincinnati.  6'3". 210 lbs. with a 40" vertical is a crazy tough matchup for a DB.  I saw him dinged for not having much YAC but when I watched the number of catches he made where he had to slow down and adjust his route, turn into the defender and go up and get the ball, often for a TD, that's all the explanation I needed as to why.  There were nearly a dozen or so catches like that.  Not many smoke or bubble screens in his highlights.  He was more likely a blocker for those plays. 

I like Pierce, big, fast and strong.  He isn’t the most agile WR around, though.  He isn’t going to out-quick too many DBs.

58 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So why don’t the fans trust the front office knowing more than them that just turned a 2 decade losing franchise into a perennial playoff team and SB contender with probably the best roster in the NFL?  

Had they listened to the fans, Josh Rosen would have been our QB and we wouldn’t have Diggs or Tre White.

And let’s be real, not only is this the best shot at a SB for the Bills in nearly 30 years, it might be the best shot in franchise history.  Those SB teams played in a weak AFC where the truly elite teams were in the NFC.  Now, AFC is the powerhouse side and we are arguably the best team In the AFC with no team in the NFC really being that scary to meet in the SB.

So people should realize by now, our FO knows what they are doing.  

Damn, you're on a roll - great posts.

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So why don’t the fans trust the front office knowing more than them that just turned a 2 decade losing franchise into a perennial playoff team and SB contender with probably the best roster in the NFL?  

Had they listened to the fans, Josh Rosen would have been our QB and we wouldn’t have Diggs or Tre White.

And let’s be real, not only is this the best shot at a SB for the Bills in nearly 30 years, it might be the best shot in franchise history.  Those SB teams played in a weak AFC where the truly elite teams were in the NFC.  Now, AFC is the powerhouse side and we are arguably the best team In the AFC with no team in the NFC really being that scary to meet in the SB.

I agree that this front office has been nothing short of stellar. To think we the fans know more than Beane and company is a battle I'm not willing to fight. Their track record speaks for themselves. However, it doesn't mean that Beane/ front office hasn't made errors. Doesn't mean fans can't or shouldn't be critical of the front office moves. Isn't that what all fans do? It's goes with the territory sort of speak. Some opinions are really out there and ridiculous while others seem more rational and fact based. 

Personally, it's always fun for me to "play scout" for the Bills, predict the Bills moves, and critique, praise or criticize the draft picks and free agency pick ups or lack of. Once again, isn't that what fans do? It doesn't mean that fans think they know more than Beane and others making the decisions. 

In concluding, the Bills front office had earned its right to be trusted based on their outstanding performance. This team is poised to make a super bowl run and the front office absolutely deserves the accolades. 

• Like (+1) 1

Im curious as who will be available when Buffalo is on the clock.  Like last night do they jump a spot or 2 to get there guy.  I think any position is in play but Qb.  I would like a wr to make it but find it unlikely.  Expect possible safety or TE.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF I do remember quite a few people clamoring for Mahomes when we traded that pick to KC and have ever since had our football destinies intertwined... I'm not saying I would rather have it that way, I love Josh and wouldn't trade him for anything or anybody(s), just playing devil's advocate. If some armchairs got their way that draft and just took Mahomes at 10, do we have a Lombardi here in Buffalo already or are we still "just" odds on favorites to win the next one?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Never understand why people feel the need to make these kinds of empty points. Sort of like using "IMO" after every post as some kind of defense mechanism against the internets.

Of course the team "knows" more about the prospects and league trends than the fans - at least to a more granular level. It's their job after all. But does that preclude discussion on a silly messageboard?  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I'd like to see them come out of the 2nd and 3rd with a WR and a RB...I think at WR you're going to have to come up a little if you really want an early impact guy to fill the snaps left by Sanders that Gabe does not absorb...The name to watch is Calvin Austin IMO...I think Pickens, Moore, and Watson will get snatched up quick...

I don't know if this is a sneaky thing or not...But I would not be surprised to see the Bills sit and take Spiller at 57...They obviously like him, and the slow 40 is going to push him down. I'm not a huge fan of that. But I think it's very possible. I don't expect Breece to make it to 57...If so, I think he's the pick there. B-)

I think 2nd for Austin is a bit rich.  He is very small, but fast and quick.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.