Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

I'll probably be in the vast minority and get flamed for this, but I'd pick David Ojabo and let him sit the first year.  Where the Bills stand now they can afford to do this.  Mind you I know there are other players that would make a bigger impact (maybe) this year, but for the long run I think Ojabo would be the best choice

We do need another quality WR, look at how WR room injuries hamstrung us in the playoffs recently, can’t be taking the chance that McKittric needs to be relied on as a replacement for either Diggs or Davis,that would be a really big problem…,

34 minutes ago, colfax said:

protecting Josh is where I'm at too

17 can throw a receiver open, he can't block a pass rusher. Designed runs are fine, no more running for his life behind the LOS.

Agree. Get any OL next. You can make an argument for C, G, or OT as immediate needs. As it stands now Bates is your starting G and the backup C. Swing OT is an issue. I prefer they draft OT than can play some guard if needed. But any OL fills a need.

• Like (+1) 1

I think people may be disappointed when we take a DL or the RT from UCLA. 

I do hope that we try to work for some explosive offensive weapons. I think the first few picks we will see some QB's go, and people who we thought were going to go in the first. I some Abs go, talent will drop to us. 

6 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

that will get you another 2 spot trade up lol 

That just what I'M willing to give up, there's allot of talent throughout this draft middle to late round picks are worth more. IMO the more likely scenario would be those picks to get in the 4th

Edited by ScorpionZero

I don't have many OG's in this second round bracket, so I think that "interior OL" might be better addressed in round 3.

Great WR options here!

I also like TE Greg Dulcich here!

Linebackers look very strong as options in round 2.

Would be happy to see Hall or KWIII in the second round as well, one way or another.

Still go back to rumors of the Bills moving a vet for a pick/trade-up.  

Resigning myself to the fact that player traded will not be “he who shall not be named”, but I do wonder what Epenesa’s value could be league wide. 

Former RD2 pick, still two years left on his rookie deal.  In RD3, Epenesa likely has more potential than the EDGE prospects left on the board. 

Id feel 100% comfortable with Von, Rousseau, Basham and Lawson at DE.  As it stands, Epenesa looks to be competing with Basham and Shaq as to who will be odd man out on Gamedays. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Want to know what the dumbest thing anyone can say about any draft pick?  

We only got the "X" best player at "X" position.  

That is such a ridiculous statement to make on draft night.  Take WR for example, 7 of the top 10 WR's were NOT taken in the first round, were NOT close to being the first couple WRs taken in their respective drafts.  This includes our own Diggs, Adams, Kupp, Hill, etc.  

Prospects are graded, and what can separate a guy from going first round and third round can be splitting hairs in some cases, teams passing over other needs or players at other positions sliding, etc etc..  There are a certain amount of players coming out every year at each position, and people have to arbitrarily rank them, and EVERYONE ranks them DIFFERENT, and mocks drafts are pre draft rankings are never remotely accurate...literally never.  

For any poster to sit here and complain well now we have to settle for the "Xth best WR" (or whatever position) on the board is being foolish.  You have no idea how good or not that player will be at the next level.  Nobody knows how these guys will pan out, and every team looks at them differently for their own systems, fit, and style of play...not to mention people range in grading skills across the NFL too.  

The draft is entirely about finding value, and truly successful NFL teams are ones who build their teams in the middle rounds, thats what separates teams who win consistently or not.  

And the best part...our FO took a perennial losing franchise for almost 2 decades and got them immediately in the playoffs and are now not just a playoff team, but probably the best roster in the NFL and a major SB favorite with a perennial MVP candidate on the roster.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.