Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

1 hour ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Have a feeling we trade AJ Epenensa plus a pick and grab Hall, and keep our original 2nd for o-line help. Our d-line room is crowded and I feel AJ won’t see the field much.

Any chance we trade Motor to Giants and swap 2s? Do the Giants have depth behind Barkley? 

25 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Oh I guess I could live with that Breece Hall Please guy but its unlikely he will fall down to Buffalo

The way R1 went, the odds are 50-50, especially if a handful of QBs go before 57.    There is a lot of talent left on the D side of the ball, so I think the Bills will have a choice of at least one of Hall/Walker, a couple WRs, and the top TE prospect.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, mjohns85 said:

He’s definitely moving up. Not sure how far or for whom, but he’s not staying put. 

What is he going to trade to move up?  Do you want to give up the 3rd round pick, too?  I think they will stay put.  There will be good players at 57 and they filled their glaring need.  They can now just take BPA at most any position except QB or DL.

11 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I could not see any record of the Bills having shown any interest in him, which is weird to me.  Elite traits (RAS 9.9+), good hands, effective blocker, engineering degree in 3 1/2 years, was only a 3 star recruit with mostly MAC offers that worked his way up depth chart at Cincinnati.  6'3". 210 lbs. with a 40" vertical is a crazy tough matchup for a DB.  I saw him dinged for not having much YAC but when I watched the number of catches he made where he had to slow down and adjust his route, turn into the defender and go up and get the ball, often for a TD, that's all the explanation I needed as to why.  There were nearly a dozen or so catches like that.  Not many smoke or bubble screens in his highlights.  He was more likely a blocker for those plays. 

I like Pierce, big, fast and strong.  He isn’t the most agile WR around, though.  He isn’t going to out-quick too many DBs.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Yea, hope we’d consider him, but if not, Beane was true to his “need speed in the secondary comments”… let’s hope he’s true to that on Offense and finds a way to infuse speed at WR and/or RB.   Metchie and Hall are the two players that jump off the list for me.  

Is Metchie really that fast? Every scouting report I have read indicate he is not a deep threat, and it sure seemed that way when watching Alabama. Great intermediate target, but gaining 1100 yards on almost 100 catches is not overly impressive.

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

Is Metchie really that fast? Every scouting report I have read indicate he is not a deep threat, and it sure seemed that way when watching Alabama. Great intermediate target, but gaining 1100 yards on almost 100 catches is not overly impressive.

I think Metchie would be more of a Cole Beasley, security blanket to keep the sticks moving type wr. And he can play inside and out.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The minute Davis or Diggs go down this offense will evolve into a run based, clock control offense…. Maybe that’s what McD wants.

any team that loses it's No.1 WR , especially one of the best in Diggs, will have problems

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Drafting a good outside WR prospect allows you to potentially let Davis walk in a few years while not breaking the bank for him… considering they already did with Diggs. 

We have Davis for 2 more years. He doesn't need a new contract until 2024 where estimates are the cap will exceed $250M. The Bills only have $180M in contracts for the 2024 league year. It is possible to sign Davis without any issues if they choose to do so. After the upcoming offseason where we have a ton of contracts expiring and little space, the 2024 league year is manageable.

We are having immediate discussions about losing our MLB and SS after this season. There are serious needs at guard in the next year. Unless the Bills absolutely love an outside WR in the second, I would much prefer to go after positions that will take more immediate starting roles. Guys that you are planning to to start in 3 years can be taken in later rounds and groomed. 

FA After 2022

Edmunds

Poyer

J.Philips

Lawson

Knox

Dane Jackson

Saffold

Keenum

Matakevich

Singletary

OJ Howard

Ford

Crowder

Andre Smith

D.Johnson

T.Jones

Queensbury

Sweeney

Mancz

Boetteger

Kumerow

Lee

J.Johnson

Lewis

Barkley

Gilliam

Ankou

Dodson

FA- After 2023

Bass

Oliver

Hyde

Settle

J. Jones

McKenzie

AJE

Moss

B. Bryant

Gentry

Love 

McCloud

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I think the Bills are middle of the pack at playmakers outside as it stands now.

Diggs is a top-10 WR.  Knox is a top-10 TE.  Davis just set an NFL record in a playoff game and enters his 3rd season.

Did I want a WR in the 1st round?  Hell yes I did, but the top 6 were gone in a flash.  If Beane grabs the 7th best WR in a deep class over a player with a first round grade at a position of need, that’s GM negligence.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

Diggs is a top-10 WR.  Knox is a top-10 TE.  Davis just set an NFL record in a playoff game and enters his 3rd season.

Did I want a WR in the 1st round?  Hell yes I did, but the top 6 were gone in a flash.  If Beane grabs the 7th best WR in a deep class over a player with a first round grade at a position of need, that’s GM negligence.

It’s not negligence if people posting on TBD driver declare that the 7th best WR is worth a first round pick. 

Just now, eball said:

Still some nice WR talent available in the second (Watson, Pierce, Moore, Pickens). I would include McBride at TE and Hall at RB as fellas that could help, but I am skeptical any of them make it to 57.

1 hour ago, DallasMac said:

Depends on who is available.   I just remember Beane emphasizing that they need to protect Josh better. 

protecting Josh is where I'm at too

17 can throw a receiver open, he can't block a pass rusher. Designed runs are fine, no more running for his life behind the LOS.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Yep. Also, guess what? Diggs was a 5th rd pick, and Davis was a 4th. Now, in a deep WR class, why can't we find a good WR today? I don't see why not. 

5 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Yep. Also, guess what? Diggs was a 5th rd pick, and Davis was a 4th. Now, in a deep WR class, why can't we find a good WR today? I don't see why not. 

Watson would be my choice if he's still available

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I think Metchie would be more of a Cole Beasley, security blanket to keep the sticks moving type wr. And he can play inside and out.

And there is nothing wrong with that. But I will be extremely disappointed if we fail to upgrade the speed on offense again.

I can see the Bills going after someone like Thornton from Baylor in the middle rounds. That's where it would be nice if we still had our 4th.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.