Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Both likely gone before 57. Beane will have to move up to get either. 

Agreed.  And I’d be fine in doing so. 

Pickens is a true outside WR with #1 potential.  And we obviously know what Hall would bring to the offense at RB. 

We got our CB and if we can come away with a top tier playmaker for the Offense tonight, I don’t really care what else we do. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trade up for the RB they like the most. LET'S GOOOOOO

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Saffold, Edmunds, and Poyer could be gone next year. So I could see G, MLB, or S. I could also see WR, RB, or TE (depending on how they think a Knox extension will go).

I also have no issue burning picks to trade up.

Worry about those next year, imo. We're pushing for a Super Bowl run. We need guys who can contribute RIGHT NOW, not in 2023.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Trade up for the RB they like the most. LET'S GOOOOOO

Worry about those next year, imo. We're pushing for a Super Bowl run. We need guys who can contribute RIGHT NOW, not in 2023.

Also.. G, MLB and S aren’t exactly premium positions.  

To everyone so worried about Saffold, Edmunds and Poyer all being off the team after this year, ok… We can draft a MLB, G and S with our Top 100 picks next year.  

Why do we need to give these positions all a redshirt year?

Draft guys tonight who will contribute.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is good inter oline depth. I think there will be guys taken on day 3 in this class who will start as IOL as rookies. The Bills should absolutely be looking to take a shot on one somewhere.

Yeah but you also expect them to take a shot on TE somewhere, they scouted tons of LBs, S is in play due to Poyer situation, RB would be nice and speed at WR is a major need :) That is why I am sad over that 4th round pick*. People say its worthless and that we have many rosters spots nevertheless but I disagree - we have no problem to fit 4th round LB/TE/RB/S to the roster.

Anyway, I find it really interesting that we have little clue what they will do. All those meetings suggest LB/TE, but I'd argue WR+IOL make more sense. I can also see them drafting a RB or S. 

My dream scenario is probably WR in 2nd and G in 3rd. If they really want a LB, then make it WR+LB and somehow find possible starter at G in the 5th.

*To be clear I trust them on Elam and have no problem with the trade up if they had any intel or just a bad feeling that Dalls may take him or somebody might jump them.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Going off that list, Breece Hall and/or John Metchie please.  Speed speed speed..

Would understand IOL if they believe the guy can push Bates and then take over for Saffold. 

Love the Elam pick, but more defense tonight would be frustrating.  Although, Booth (depending on medicals) would certainly be tough to pass up.  

Edited by SCBills

I feel like this could be an OG like Nicholas Petit-Frere, or if they want to replace Tremaine Edmunds, Christian Harris- ILB Alabama, they would most likely have to trade up for Hall but there is also RB James Cook, Isiah Spiller. I don't see us drafting a TE in round 2. I also don't see WR as Metchie and Charleston Rambo appear to be the only 2 that came in for a visit. Also S Nick Cross may be in play, could they double dip at CB and take McCreary if he's still there? That would be a hell of an upgrade in the secondary ! 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Going off that list they ain’t going with Pickens… even if available.

Yea, hope we’d consider him, but if not, Beane was true to his “need speed in the secondary comments”… let’s hope he’s true to that on Offense and finds a way to infuse speed at WR and/or RB.   Metchie and Hall are the two players that jump off the list for me.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.