Seems like Lamar Jackson isn't pleased with the Ravens tonight

Roundybout

I don’t have much to base this on but I always thought the Ravens were a well run franchise. I think they know exactly what they are doing, which is lowering Lamars price tag. It’s an interesting game being played. The Ravens are saying the right things but there’s zero chance they sign Lamar to a contract like Josh or Mahomes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they franchise him after his 5th option then let him walk after a couple more years of wear and tear. The reality is that Lamar is a very good QB but he’s not an elite franchise QB. He’s flourished in an offense that’s been tailored specifically to his strengths which is very smart on the Ravens part but I don’t think easily duplicated. Some other team might break the bank on him just for the name and to put fans in the seats but you aren’t dropping Lamar into a conventional offense and flourishing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, RunTheBall said:

I don’t have much to base this on but I always thought the Ravens were a well run franchise. I think they know exactly what they are doing, which is lowering Lamars price tag. It’s an interesting game being played. The Ravens are saying the right things but there’s zero chance they sign Lamar to a contract like Josh or Mahomes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they franchise him after his 5th option then let him walk after a couple more years of wear and tear. The reality is that Lamar is a very good QB but he’s not an elite franchise QB. He’s flourished in an offense that’s been tailored specifically to his strengths which is very smart on the Ravens part but I don’t think easily duplicated. Some other team might break the bank on him just for the name and to put fans in the seats but you aren’t dropping Lamar into a conventional offense and flourishing. 

I don't know that I agree with all this.

I do believe the Ravens may opt to let him walk and not give him a massive deal if they think he's not truly worth it and/or too much of a long term liability as a 'running QB'.

But on the flipside I thought Jackson acquitted himself quite well as an elite passer and truly evolved going way back to when Dobbins was lost for the year in training camp. He proved he could beat teams with his arms which was always a criticism going back to his postseason performances.

• Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

If they actually let a 25 year old NFL MVP walk then they deserve everything that’s coming to them.

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm just saying...Ravens lowball Jackson after greatly reducing his market value in Roman's high school system plus rack up the mileage w/read option, how many guys are going to want to play for them after that?

What was the lowball offer?

MVP was 3 years ago.  He's gotten this team to the playoffs 3 times.  1 win.  

49ers have been letting Jimmy G twist in the wind and he's won 69% off his starts and gotten them to 2 SB's in 3 years....

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

Lemur was so frustrated in the playoff game by Trent Murphy which he played contain on half the field preventing him from making any play.

6003cb18734d8.image.jpg   Lemur-Tackled.png

He even got to participate in Lemur's last play in playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Lemur was so frustrated in the playoff game by Trent Murphy which he played contain on half the field preventing him from making any play.

6003cb18734d8.image.jpg   Lemur-Tackled.png

He even got to participate in Lemur's last play in playoff game.

Lol, “Lemur”

On 5/26/2022 at 10:35 PM, babulator said:

Let me take a stab at how I think this unfolding.

The team would like to sign him at a fair value. I'm sure they offered or at least hinted @ what he's worth to the team. They'd make him top 5 ... or something but they're not making him the #1 paid player in the league.

Lamar has been saying something to the effect that he wasn't ready, or didn't want a new deal yet because he wouldn't be satisfied with his play until he was the best or, #1, or something. That translates to; I know my #'s don't say I'm the best, but you have to be ready to make me the highest paid player in the league before we even speak.

Everything comes down to $. LJ has a good idea the team ain't gonna pay him #1 $, and he ain't having it. I'm sure he wants the team to reach out with a clear message that he will be the highest paid player in the league, that's all he wants to hear. That would get him to sign, believe it. Otherwise, he'll go full Cartman from South Park if he doesn't get what he wants. If you don't make me the highest paid player in the league, I'll take my ball and go next year. 

That's how I see it at any rate.

Well he isnt worth being the highest paid player in the league.  If he decides to go to another team stupid enough to give it to him then that would be a mistake for both parties because he isnt going to fair to well without Romans offense.

• Agree 1

These comments are pretty funny. "Lamar" playing hard ball. Will the Ravens blink. Lamar has no agent, he has never had an agent. The Ravens have not had a single conversation on this topic. They have made it very clear they would like to do so but Lamar has not responded. That's where we are. Sounds like a situation I want to lock my franchise into for the next decade 🤣  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KzooMike said:

These comments are pretty funny. "Lamar" playing hard ball. Will the Ravens blink. Lamar has no agent, he has never had an agent. The Ravens have not had a single conversation on this topic. They have made it very clear they would like to do so but Lamar has not responded. That's where we are. Sounds like a situation I want to lock my franchise into for the next decade 🤣  

It sounds very much like he wants to be cut and made a free agent.   Wrong time of year though.  Maybe he is trying to get agreement from Ravens to not tag him.

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

What was the lowball offer?

MVP was 3 years ago.  He's gotten this team to the playoffs 3 times.  1 win.  

49ers have been letting Jimmy G twist in the wind and he's won 69% off his starts and gotten them to 2 SB's in 3 years....

Jimmy G has only been to one super bowl, not sure where the second has came from, the last 2 NFC teams were the bucs and the rams.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Jimmy G has only been to one super bowl, not sure where the second has came from, the last 2 NFC teams were the bucs and the rams.

He has been to more than one.  He was seen in stands so I guess he did not scalp his ticket as many players do.

21 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

correction:, 2 NFCC and a SB with 49ers (his first SB was on the NE roster).

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I sure do.

Cards fans here aren't too happy with him, especially after demanding a bigger contract. The kid seems entitled. I bet they'd take the trade straight up. The players seem pretty equal to me, neither are great passers or good leaders, but awesome runners. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Cards fans here aren't too happy with him, especially after demanding a bigger contract. The kid seems entitled. I bet they'd take the trade straight up. The players seem pretty equal to me, neither are great passers or good leaders, but awesome runners. 

He is an entitled douche. I have no doubt about that. I just think Murray is a much better fit in 31 offenses in the NFL than Jackson is. It would be a lot easier for the Ravens to adjust to Murray than it would be for the Cardinals to adjust to Jackson. My belief is Murray is a superior passer. 

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.