Seems like Lamar Jackson isn't pleased with the Ravens tonight

Roundybout

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will use this moment to point out that a mere 2 years ago I was called a racist on here for suggesting that Josh will be a better QB than Lamar and likely quickly. Few in NFL circles would disagree with me now, but I saw the potential of Josh and the likelihood that Jackson would never be a MVP candidate again with so much film on him. LJ is a good QB in the right system, Josh is the system 

Why would anyone call you a racist for that take? Either there is more to it, or the person who called you a racist is a moron.

On 4/28/2022 at 9:49 PM, DCofNC said:

The fact Lamar doesn’t have a new contract tells you everything you need to know about Baltimore’s opinion on Lamar.

They want to give him one but he is refusing to negotiate.

My guess is he wants to be the highest paid QB in the league and knows that he won't get that unless he goes and plays out of his mind this season.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Lamar had his one video game "make everyone miss" MVP season. He will never duplicate that again. Nor will anyone pay him 40+/ yr. You still need to throw the ball downfield. 

That's why he has Andrews. Doesn't he have like 40% of the teams receptions?

On 4/28/2022 at 11:49 PM, DCofNC said:

The fact Lamar doesn’t have a new contract tells you everything you need to know about Baltimore’s opinion on Lamar.

Stories in the local papers here point the finger at LJ not the Ravens.  The Ravens have reportedly tried to sign him, but it is LJ acting as his own agent and operating in his own timeline that is holding things up.

The interesting part of the story for me is he has a limited supply of receivers.  So missing OTA time means he is not building chemistry with the FNGs.  Chemistry and timing are some of the key outcomes of OTAs. 

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Beerball said:

I'm sure that's why some, in your mind, called you a racist. Got a link?

Not sure if you can see it all but on page three Ethan starts his post with "This is just a blatantly racist original post. If anything you should have the exact opposite take." And then explained why Jackson was better and therefore I am racist for seeing Josh had a higher top side and was likely to reach it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Lamar had his one video game "make everyone miss" MVP season. He will never duplicate that again. Nor will anyone pay him 40+/ yr. You still need to throw the ball downfield. 

Pretty silly he won’t sign a big contract and secure his future now. Takes one massive hit and if he loses a step in the run game he is a below average passer in the pocket especially without the threat of the run. Pretty silly IMHO. 

Edited by wppete
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Lamar is going to end up screwing himself, royally..

I don't understand these guys that do this just so thay they can have 270 million instead of 240 million or whatever.  

With that much money is the risk really worth that much?!?! Not to most people

• Like (+1) 2

Let me take a stab at how I think this unfolding.

The team would like to sign him at a fair value. I'm sure they offered or at least hinted @ what he's worth to the team. They'd make him top 5 ... or something but they're not making him the #1 paid player in the league.

Lamar has been saying something to the effect that he wasn't ready, or didn't want a new deal yet because he wouldn't be satisfied with his play until he was the best or, #1, or something. That translates to; I know my #'s don't say I'm the best, but you have to be ready to make me the highest paid player in the league before we even speak.

Everything comes down to $. LJ has a good idea the team ain't gonna pay him #1 $, and he ain't having it. I'm sure he wants the team to reach out with a clear message that he will be the highest paid player in the league, that's all he wants to hear. That would get him to sign, believe it. Otherwise, he'll go full Cartman from South Park if he doesn't get what he wants. If you don't make me the highest paid player in the league, I'll take my ball and go next year. 

That's how I see it at any rate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Lamar is going to end up screwing himself, royally..

Or, he could end up getting over on everyone like Kirk Cousins. At the end if 2023 Cousins will have made just under $232M. If Lamar's scenario plays out like Cousins' then he'll make twice that because of the QB market now days in general.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You may be right.

My sense, is that it could also go horribly wrong, due to Jackson's style of play.

Yeah, you saw the injuries catch up with him last year and it could happen again. Vick had to evolve as a QB as well when he was in the league. If Jackson does not then it will catch up to him sooner or later. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, wppete said:

Pretty silly he won’t sign a big contract and secure his future now. Takes one massive hit and if he loses a step in the run game he is a below average passer in the pocket especially without the threat of the run. Pretty silly IMHO. 

This is why an agent is valuable, take the emotions to a minimum and be smart.  Trying to squeeze an extra 3 Million a year out of a deal isn’t worth risking 35+ a year for the next 4-6 years.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's the next RG3 . He'll be a backup in 4 years 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So here is what we know so far 

- Brown told Jackson he requested a trade and he knew about it 

- Jackson claims he wants to stay in Baltimore 

- Baltimore wants to give him an extension 

- Jackson won't talk contract with them 

Sounds an awful lot like he is saying all the right things until it gets to the point where he doesn't need to anymore.

Lamar was kind of a unicorn in an offense built around him.  He got figured out.  Buffalo created the plan to shut him down, the Titans used it later that year to upset the Ravens in the playoffs (Titans openly admitted they used our defensive scheme in that game).

Many QBs start out with a bang, but then other teams get tape on them and performance drops.  That seems to have happened to Lamar.  His bargining position is...dubious.

Edited by The Red King
  • Agree 3

32 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Lamar was kind of a unicorn in an offense built around him.  He got figured out.  Buffalo created the plan to shut him down, the Titans used it later that year to upset the Ravens in the playoffs (Titans openly admitted they used our defensive scheme in that game).

Many QBs start out with a bang, but then other teams get tape on them and performance drops.  That seems to have happened to Lamar.  His bargining position is...dubious.

I don't agree the league has figured him out.  He was rolling along last year and the Ravens were in first place in the AFC (with a completely decimated RB room).  Then he got sick week 10 and missed the game.  A return bout of COVID was speculated but I don't think ever confirmed.  He was hurt in week 13 against Cleveland, I think, and was never seen in a live game since.  They tried to bring him back and video surfaced of him limping badly on the practice field.  That was the effective end of his season.  My speculation is that COVID walloped him twice.  And then he got dinged.  He very well might be in a long rehab and is still not up to snuff, hence the absence from public view.

Edited by wjag
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.