RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

50 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Here's something that may hint that Dallas planned to take him. His Dad played for them and Jones likes drafting those types of players.

This was News to me and a VERY interesting bit of info. That clarifies things for  me greatly. Beane had this info as well I am certain it factored into his move up decision. I hope Elam isn't too disappointed to not be playing for his dads ex team

Edited by muppy

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Do you want me to go over this again? They have a starting guard on a 1 year contract…they have a starting receiver on a 1 year contract…they have no rb under contract after this year…they have no TE under contract after this year…🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

-The top IOL were already gone.

-There was a huge run on receiver, leaving scraps and mostly 2nd round prospects

-RB is never a position the Bills have heavily invested in, and Zack Moss is still under contract (although I think he's garbage).

-There are zero 1st round rated TEs this year.

Do you think the draft is over? They literally have 6 more picks.  This is just a poor take.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

Which picks?

Cody Ford, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham (frequent healthy scratch for a team in need of pass rush), and Tremaine Edmunds, given what we thought we were trading up for. 

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yeah I mean Diggs is gone - oops nope. 

Well Gabe Davis is gone - oh no.

Well we don’t have a slot - oh McKenzie was a 2 year deal.  

Yeah your right no Skill players left and unfortunately we are passed the draft - oh you mean there are still 6 more picks - wow.

JC 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  

Right.  Grown ass men with more drama than my teenage daughter.  

Edited by CoudyBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don't understand why we had to jump in front of Dallas for him.  I don't like losing a 4th in this deep draft.  

I'll trust the quality and value, just don't like trading up

Might not have just been Dallas Buffalo was worried about. Baltimore could use a CB and Beane might have deemed that 4th rounder less valuable than ensuring he got Elam.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I guess you missed my point about have an elite TE to pair with their post-Hill WR group.  And I'll trust Andy Reid to staff an offense before McD.  If they thought Hill was expendable, then JuJu, Hardman, and Valdes-Scantling should be more than sufficient.  But you left those 3 out of your post.  Not surprised. 

McD is going defense heavy from the line to the secondary almost every off-season.  Other emerging AFC contenders are loading up on offense and improving/maintaining their pass rush.  

Are you sniffing glue or something?

You brought up Kumerow to criticize the Bills depth at WR.  Then I bring KC WR depth and you counter that by bringing up their STARTING WR??

We also had an All Pro in Stefon Diggs!

Then you say “other emerging AFC are improving their pass rush….”

Did Von Miller retire??

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Again,  when you consider the cost.  see above.

You mean a 4th on a stacked roster?  Has it come out definitively that Dallas didn't receive any calls?  Either way, if that's your guy and the last 1st round grade you have on your board, I'm certainly OK with Beane's judgment to not risk it and go and secure him.  This team, in this window, needed their guy at CB.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

-The top IOL were already gone.

-There was a huge run on receiver, leaving scraps and mostly 2nd round prospects

-RB is never a position the Bills have heavily invested in, and Zack Moss is still under contract (although I think he's garbage).

-There are zero 1st round rated TEs this year.

Do you think the draft is over? They literally have 6 more picks.  This is just a poor take.

I'd bet a lot of money that Knox ain't goin nowhere.

• Agree 2

Just now, CoudyBills said:

Putting a rookie on that list is just trying too hard.

You don’t think Boogie Basham left a lot to be desired last season? A player picked in the 2nd round on a team starving for a pass rush? I didn’t say he doesn’t have time to improve, I said he left a lot to be desired his first year. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Considering Beane said he's the last one he had 1st round grade on that makes sense.

Obviously Beane had a better grade than on him than I do.  They value physicals and traits over play.  I get it.  They’ve had lots of success with it.  I like elam and think that we can. Make him into a player.  I just don’t understand the trade up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.