RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

This and makes me like the pick even more.  He's long (:lol:), fast and played great in the SEC.  And that was without great coaching?  Sounds like another athletic freak we all know and love (except that Elam played well in the best conference in football).

And don't forget he's 20. 

Booth is 21

Gardner is 21

McDuffie is 21

McCreary is 22

Gordon is 22

Only other top CB who's 20 is Stingley.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, junior said:

And don't forget he's 20. 

Booth is 21

Gardner is 21

McDuffie is 21

McCreary is 22

Gordon is 22

Only other top CB who's 20 is Stingley.

Yup.  Room to continue get longer, stronger and to fill out his frame.

10 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

People pissing and moaning about the 4th have literally no clue who Dallas was taking, but, and this is just an educated guess, I’m assuming the guys getting paid millions to run teams worth billions likely have better information than schmucks on a message board and they were sure if they stayed at 25 they weren’t getting their guy, or else they wouldn’t have done it.  Dallas taking up most of their draft clock says to me Beane was right and they had a bit of a discussion about where to go after that.

If, hypothetically Beane was right, and the Cowboys were going to take Elam…. holy crap what an amazing call.

Elam was the best corner available and Booth clearly didn’t pass medical evals.

For those not worried about Booth’s sports hernia surgery, it’s the same surgery that kept Kolby Listenbee from ever playing a snap with the Bills after they drafted him. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, benderbender said:

How did he get a Bills hat, in FL, between the call from Beane and the pick?

comedy central GIF by Workaholics

13 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I believe players either receive a hat from every team they visit or the camera crew brings 1 from every team.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

That would make the most sense. 

IIRC, they get a box of all 32 hats.

Elam went to the same HS that I did in Florida, so I have followed him for a while. Top notch character and a great basketball and track athlete. The HS is a small private school, so students are often multi-sport athletes. This is a great pick. Size, speed, instinct and desire. Not much more you could ask for in a CB. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Yep, now it's timely for Hall when.he drops. 

I was hoping for Hall with an early 2nd  round trade up, but Beane flinched, panicked, and made a goofy trade up in the 1st that wasted his trade ammo to be able to grab Hall in the early 2nd. Not upset with the player selection, or their potential in the 1st, just the knee jerk panicked move by Beane. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.