RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

2 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Elam should fit in nicely.  He has two relatives who played in the NFL so he knows the score.

My only concerns are that he missed three games last season because of a knee injury and that his play was a bit inconsistent.  

Why come out after a junior season like that?

Why not...seemed to work out ok. He was picked in 1st round

51 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

And if Elam becomes All Pro?  What if, what if, what if...

If Elam plays his part in us winning a Super Bowl or two but doesn't make All Pro it really doesn't matter. Nor will it matter if the other CBs the Bills didn't pick make All-Pro either. 

Can’t complain. Position of need, played very well in the SEC. Wouldn’t have been my first choice cuz of his seeming unwillingness to tackle, maybe that was due to injury. Either way, Bills have their number 2 corner and will likely trade picks to move back into the 4th anyways. Excited to see how the rest of the draft plays out. 

The only reason all of the negativity is being put out there by some of the bobblehead types is because of CJ Henderson. Florida guy, similar size, similar athletic profile, who busted in Jacksonville. Elam's coverage stats are better than Henderson were and the way they carry themselves is completely different. Elam also isn't afraid to tackle per say, he just needs to be coached up on his technique. Tre's knock was about his tackling as well. This kid is in the perfect culture, will be facing Diggs/Davis/Crowder/McKenzie every day in practice, and has White/Poyer/Hyde/Taron to learn from. If you all don't think he'll end up better than Levi Wallace, then you are sadly mistaken. Athletically, he is coming to the table with more than Wallace ever had and he WANTS to be great. This will be a good pick for us. Wait and see. :thumbsup: 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ALF said:

Kaiir Elam*, CB, Florida
Height: 6-2. Weight: 196. Arm: 30.88. Hand: 8.88.         Tall and fast, so far so good . Beane never disappoints 
Official 40 Time: 4.39.

Everything I read and watch shows he has great instincts. He is a well rounded athlete and played WR in high school. He also cracked the books at UF. 
I will admit I hadn’t done a ton of research on him till a few days ago and then post pick last night. Sounds like a great fit for the Bills. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.