RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

You think the Cowboys said "no thanks--we are rolling with our developmental O-line guy who was left on the board:"?

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Might not have just been Dallas Buffalo was worried about. Baltimore could use a CB and Beane might have deemed that 4th rounder less valuable than ensuring he got Elam.

Or he was worried someone would leap them for Elam knowing the Bills were in a market for a cb.

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

You mean a 4th on a stacked roster?  Has it come out definitively that Dallas didn't receive any calls?  Either way, if that's your guy and the last 1st round grade you have on your board, I'm certainly OK with Beane's judgment to not risk it and go and secure him.  This team, in this window, needed their guy at CB.

Last year it was a stacked roster, yes.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Obviously Beane had a better grade than on him than I do.  They value physicals and traits over play.  I get it.  They’ve had lots of success with it.  I like elam and think that we can. Make him into a player.  I just don’t understand the trade up

Exactly how I feel. Fine with the player. Huge need. 

Trade up made zero sense.

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

-The top IOL were already gone.

-There was a huge run on receiver, leaving scraps and mostly 2nd round prospects

-RB is never a position the Bills have heavily invested in, and Zack Moss is still under contract (although I think he's garbage).

-There are zero 1st round rated TEs this year.

Do you think the draft is over? They literally have 6 more picks.  This is just a poor take.

Beane is using the Green Bay that they use with Aaron Rogers 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Obviously Beane had a better grade than on him than I do.  They value physicals and traits over play.  I get it.  They’ve had lots of success with it.  I like elam and think that we can. Make him into a player.  I just don’t understand the trade up

Didn't he have like the 2nd lowest Passer rating or completion percentage against him?

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You think the Cowboys said "no thanks--we are rolling with our developmental O-line guy who was left on the board:"?

I think you don’t know ***** and I’ll stand by that. It’s just conjecture from you, you really don’t know no matter what you post, others could have been trying to trade with Baltimore also, but in reality you don’t know anything for sure. We got a great player at a position of need but keep crying 👍

• Like (+1) 8

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yet Siran Neal, Taran Johnson, Jaquon Johnson, Dane Jackson and Rachad Wildgoose are why the Bills just traded up in a reach for this kid in the 1st.....

Siran Neal is quality depth at safety and nickle, Taron Johnson is superb at nickel, Dane Jackson was solid for being a young late round pick, Jaquan Johnson has flashed but is stuck behind two quality starters, Wildgoose was stolen by the Jets. 

We need to replace Wallace and Tre might not be ready, that’s why we drafted a corner.

• Agree 4

We certainly need another skill player.  I remember when everyone wanted the Bills to take Metcalf early, and we waited and came away with Gabe Davis.  I trust Beane to find a mid round WR who plays meaningful minutes for us this season

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CapeBreton said:

I picked Elam in my mock yesterday and got Breece Hall in the second, let’s do it! 

Lots of options and paths for the Bills to go in now that they're set at CB2.  RB is a fun idea, but WR, IOL, even TE are all in play.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aaronthebaron said:

Siran Neal is quality depth at safety and nickle, Taron Johnson is superb at nickel, Dane Jackson was solid for being a young late round pick, Jaquan Johnson has flashed but is stuck behind two quality starters, Wildgoose was stolen by the Jets. 

We need to replace Wallace and Tre might not be ready, that’s why we drafted a corner.

They are all depth guys, hence the move up to pick Elam.

Wallace wasn't worth keeping

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.